The Voice Spring 2016

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Just watched last night's episode. Adam was by far my favorite this week. Still like Owen, but agree the song choice did him no favors. Still enjoy watching Christina try not to say anything too nice to the top contenders on the other coaches' teams.

Allskate

I predicted Emily, Bryan, & Paxton to be bottom 3. Looks like Emily is a fav for a lot of people so I was way off. I guess my dislike of her type of music is affecting my ranking. Looks like bye bye Paxton.

Well, you were off with Bryan and Paxton, but definitely on for Emily. ITunes doesn't seem to be a good predictor. There are a small number of people who like Emily enough to buy her music, but other people weren't voting for her.

I hope Owen does better next week, both with song choice and votes.

moebius

Wow! I wasn't expecting Emily to be in the bottom 2 after having a standing ovation. Not only that, she was eliminated. I guess America (including me) doesn't agree with the judges.
It doesn't look good for Owen. He'll probably be eliminated within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully my prediction won't come true.
I guess it's Adam and Alisan for the finale at this point.
Matt McAndrew kinda looks like John Peter Lewis when he was on Idol.
Emily looked as if she was gonna puke while waiting for the results.

Last edited:

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I have to agree that I don't get the Emily love. I think with another 2-3 years perfecting her craft she might be great, but she's not there yet. She just keeps hitting notes that make me cringe.

rjblue

Having a great day!
Owen is the only one that i can see me adding to my playlist. But his style of music is simply not suited to a singing contest. Maybe something like a cover of Creep would do vocally, but it is probably not a familiar enough song.

Sally1214

I have to agree that I don't get the Emily love. I think with another 2-3 years perfecting her craft she might be great, but she's not there yet. She just keeps hitting notes that make me cringe.

I don't get the Emily love either. During her performance Monday night, I said to my hubby: "She"s a fridge or bathroom break and she's going home!" Couldn't believe the standing O from the judges. Guess America agreed with me....which rarely happens on these shows. And, another thing I don"t think is helpful is the way Pharrell goes WAY overboard with the praise, proclaiming her a "STAR!" No, she isn't and probably never will be. But she's going to THINK she is one NOW...because he said so. NOT helpful.

shan

Who's watching tonight?

Shalyah's rendition of The Climb didn't make much of an impression on me. I love that she connects to her songs each week, but this came across as talent show or karaoke. (But I do admit, that I got tired of that song very quickly when it came out.)

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
OK, it wasn't as good as Javier's "Time After Time" from season one but that was a GORGEOUS rendition of the song from Daniel. This season hasn't really impressed me much overall (granted I've missed quite a few eps along the way) but I really like this guy. :)

shan

Wow, after Blake's build up for Adam's performance, I was waiting for something earth shattering. He sang well, but...

rjblue

Having a great day!
I tuned in when Alison sang, so I guess I missed Owen.

I thought Adam was very uninspiring this week. No one I saw was enough to make me look up and really watch.

Allskate

Tonight was pretty blah overall. I can see why they closed with Laith. He was my favorite of the night. I think Owen's near miss last week spooked him. He seemed very nervous.

I'd send Nick home. But that's not going to happen. People don't want to make Nick's cute little boy sad. Or make cute Nick sad.

Last edited:

moebius

Thanks Xtina for bringing Nick back (sarcastically speaking)! Your plan in brining back fodder didn't work. Doesn't matter anyways, he doesn't even come close to Alisan who was just okay this week.

Sigh... Owen sang timidly. I thought the song was perfect for him, but he didn't take advantage of it. Adam went out of his way to clear the song for him, but it was a wasted effort. Looks like he's going to be in the bottom 2 again.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I think Owen just doesn't have the performance drive of someone who can make it in the business. It's a shame since he's definitely talented, and Adam seems very invested in him.

I liked Brian the best, for the first time, thought he really seemed into that song and sang it well. I liked Hannah again as well although singing that iconic Bonnie Raitt song is risky.

I am again not happy with Alisan's song choice but did like Adam's.

Rob

Beach Bum
We thought it was all pretty boring this week, but Laith was the best of the night. I also liked Alisan, Adam, Bryan, Hannah. I assume Shalyah will go through on votes, but I am so tired of The Climb though I guess it is age appropriate for her. Owen and Daniel were ok, but I think Owen will be bottom two again, and I find Daniel to be too cheesy. Nick should be bottom two with all those off notes, but now his son broke his leg? Poor boy. I can't even remember what Mary Sarah and Paxton sang -- but they didn't stand out as good or bad.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
My recap with iTunes ranking:

#20 Paxton - "Break Every Chain" I thought Blake was crazy keeping him instead of Joe but this was great. I didn't love the song, too repetitive, but he really shined.
#27 Mary - "Johnny & June" I hated this so the iTunes ranking confuses me, I thought this was her worst night.
#29 Laith -"Make It Rain" My favorite last night - this was the only one I bought. I think he will make it to the finale although I don't expect him to win.
#31 Alisan - "Stay With Me, Baby" She wasn't quite as good as she normally is. She probably hated the song as much as La'Porsha did.
#35 Adam - "Lights" I loved this, I expected his iTunes sales to be higher.
#36 Hannah - "I Can't Make You Love Me" Song has been overdone but I liked her version.
#82 Bryan - "Just the Way You Are" (Bruno Mars not Billy Joel) He sounded good but it was a little lounge singerish.
#101 Nick - "Your Body Is a Wonderland" It was ok, his kid breaking his leg will probably keep him in another week.
#104 Shalyah - "The Climb" This song may be age appropriate but people are tired of it (I hated it when it was new) & she didn't sing it well.
#107 Owen - "Fire & Rain" Very lackluster, I think he's going home.
#115 Daniel - "Time After Time" This was probably his best night but he is not a sexy boy - he needs to go the Chris Mann route.

I'm predicting Owen & Shalyah in the bottom with Owen going home. I also predict Alisan, Adam, Laith, & Hannah in the finale which would give every coach a contestant. Has that ever happened?

shan

Nick is through? :eek:

The volume of the music seems to be way overpowering Pharell and his group. :scream:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Can't believe Nick is through.

Howcome Xtina gets the dancers and smoke and all that?

Allskate

The volume of the music seems to be way overpowering Pharell and his group.

That might have been a good thing. Hannah was the only good singer in that trio.

Well damn. Nor only do we lose Owen but I dislike Smirky Daniel. He reminds me of Jesse on Glee with not as good a voice.

I don't like Daniel at all. Not just his voice, but his attitude. And not just his attitude on stage, but off stage as well. He was a sore loser when he lost to Alisan, sending out some tweets that were insulting to both Alisan and Christina. And he doesn't have the talent to match the attitude. He's not even cute. He was very lucky to get the call back because there definitely were more talented singers to bring back.

I don't think Nick has the talent, either. He and his son are cute, but it's a shame watching better singers go home before him.

I think Owen let the pressure get to him. (And maybe he didn't have the best coach.) He got worse once the live rounds started. The pressure didn't just affect his singing. He looked scared. I didn't think Paxton's vocals were that good last night. But he sold it. (And played the good Christian card, which always helps.)

I'd like Daniel and Nick to go home next, followed by Paxton, Bryan, and Mary Sarah.

At this point, my final four would be Alisan, Leith, Adam, and Hannah. That would be one from each coach in the final four. I wouldn't mind if Shalyah snuck in there.

Reactions: Rob

moebius

Owen sang better today than last night, despite the problems he had today. Would have never thought that Leith is one of the popular ones. Good for him! Arghh...looks like Nick will be hanging around for a while. I rather see Shalyhah, Bryan, Mary or Paxton in the final four than Hannah. Hannah sings like a boring schoolteacher.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Oh well :( Owen :( I won't watch the end of that season then. I hope alisan will win.

flyingsit

Hannah is a good singer technically but it's obvious she doesn't have a ton of experience -- she hasn't really changed her songs AT ALL. She sings what she already knows/hears.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I hope Laith sticks around, just for the super tight arrangements with the house band. They clearly love playing with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information