Grand Prix 2023-24 Season Potential Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
A lot of people must be trying to get on, I can't get anything to load on my phone or desktop. :wall:
Same. I've got my laptop up and speedy internet here at home and the ISU website is slow we than molasses at the moment!

litenkyckling

I swear SkAm ice dance is usually pretty empty? And skate Canada isn’t in the best form this year? Surprised they gave the SkAm spot to Gr/P and not H/B - their route to GPF is a bit shaky now. Is this USFS truly nailing their colours to the post with Gr/P

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The Canadian singles skaters depth is.. not there. Almost no assignments at all.

Surprising that Siao is doing France and China back to back but he probably got stuck with China as the last in his group as a seeded skater once Brown was removed. Aymoz would've had first choice in his group and he opted not to do France, or maybe the Federation suggested they split to try to both make the Final.

All four Italian men with 2 assignments each from the start.

ETA- Kurakova with only one assignment and she's 8th in the World Standings. Strange.

Last edited:

Karen-W

I swear SkAm ice dance is usually pretty empty? And skate Canada isn’t in the best form this year? Surprised they gave the SkAm spot to Gr/P and not H/B - their route to GPF is a bit shaky now. Is this USFS truly nailing their colours to the post with Gr/P
Nahhhhh... GreenP are the #6 seed and HawBak aren't seeded at all, so I fully expected GreenP to get SkAm.

Karen-W

Also, more than a bit annoyed that Chan/Howe didn't get SkAm as the top US team. I'm going go operate under the theory they requested CoC and NHK.

tony

The fed had best hope Gilles & Poirier’s preparations go smoothly, they didn’t assign any other dance teams to SCI that could plausibly medal if anything goes awry.
Trying to maximize the amount of teams that get spots in doing so.

Also surprising Kaori isn't at NHK. Maybe she asked not to be at home?
Looks to be the case. She's first pick as World Champion, and she's reigning National Champion too so it's not like they would've thought someone else was more deserving.

Colonel Green

China is the one regular Grand Prix that Gilles & Poirier have never been to, so they look to complete the attendance set this year (though not the medal set, since they don’t have an NHK medal).

tony

I thought NHK Trophy will be held in Osaka, not Sapporo⁉
The press release says Osaka as well, could just be an error not updating the chart from last season.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Very surprised that Chan/Howe are not going to skam. Very happy that Andrew "I'm emotionally attached to landing my jumps" Torgashev is.

Those two skam pairs tbd though...who is going to fill those??

As always gp assignments are kind of whack and then half of them will change anyway. What a great day.

SidelineSkater

Very surprised that Chan/Howe are not going to skam. Very happy that Andrew "I'm emotionally attached to landing my jumps" Torgashev is.

As always gp assignments are kind of whack and then half of them will change anyway. What a great day.

Someone (Karen-W?) said Howe might be recovering from a shoulder injury, so they wanted later GP events?

Maybe the Mokhovs for one spot...not sure if any other of the new teams have a release on the other partners?

There's a new assignments thread created by Sylvia - not sure if we should take the discussion there instead?

Lots of questions!

Karen-W

Someone (Karen-W?) said Howe might be recovering from a shoulder injury, so they wanted later GP events?

Maybe the Mokhovs for one spot...not sure if any other of the new teams have a release on the other partners?

There's a new assignments thread created by Sylvia - not sure if we should take the discussion there instead?

Lots of questions!
No, it was @TanithandBenFan who noted his arm had been in a sling on social media recently, which I thought I had seen too but couldn't remember for sure a few hours ago.

I don't think the Mokhovs are necessarily ahead of the pack of new US teams for one of those SkAm TBD spots. They're 28 on the SB list and didn't get ANY assignment. If the USFS wanted to throw them a bone, they'd have given them one of those SkAm spots right out of the gate.

Who the heck knows who will wind up with either of those spots, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information