The Voice Spring 2016

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
So which one went home? We had a storm here that knocked out the last of the show.

moebius

These live shows are boring. I find myself surfing the net or doing chores during the performances. I only watch hoping that someone will have a knockout performance.

shan

So which one went home? We had a storm here that knocked out the last of the show.

Nick went home, but it was tied at 50 percent for each when they took down the graphic.

These live shows are boring. I find myself surfing the net or doing chores during the performances. I only watch hoping that someone will have a knockout performance.

I hate the question and answer portion that they do. I feel like it's the final question of Miss America the way Carson asks the contestants. :scream:

Allskate

Wow, closest vote I've seen 50/50... Neither is my favorite, but I thought Paxton did better. And I can't help but think that Christina bringing up Nick's family once again was a factor. Blech...

Christina brought up Nick's family. Blake played the church card. God won. :lol: Paxton won by less than 100 tweets. He'll be gone next week.

shan

Christina brought up Nick's family. Blake played the church card. God won. :lol: Paxton won by less than 100 tweets. He'll be gone next week.

I think I'm at a point where I tune out what the judges say. Although, somehow I listened to Christina this time. You're right, barring a weird turn of events, Paxton will be gone next week. He's not my favorite of the season, but I did think he was a smidge better than Nick tonight. Honestly, I was surprised that Paxton made it to the live rounds, let alone to the top 9.

taf2002

The only one I really liked was Alisan on Desperado. Just beautiful. I usually like Laith but I felt he was hollering tonight. And I really didn't like Adam's song choice. But I was surprised by Mary - I thought tonight was her absolute best.

Allskate

Alisan definitely was my favorite tonight. I love both "Desperado" and "Angel From Montgomery" and thought she did a great job on both songs. The Alisan/Adam duet was the only duet I really liked.

I'd like the finale to be Alisan, Laith, Adam, and Hannah. One from each team. But, I don't think that's going to happen.

Adam is a dude singing country on Team Blake. He's a sure thing to go to the finale. (I think he'll end up winning the title. Blah.) Mary is a blonde singing country on Team Blake and she had one of her best performances tonight, so I think she's got a very good chance to go through to the finale. Even Blake can't save Paxton for another week. He's finally going home.

I think Laith (or Adam) picked the wrong week to sing that song. It wasn't one of his best, and I think he'll pay the price. Being on Team Adam isn't going to be enough to save him. I think he'll have to sing for the Twitter save, and I just don't think he has even a chance of winning that unless he doesn't have to compete against either Adam or Mary. Shalyah does the same thing each week, sings all out, and her voice just seems worn out. I think she's definitely going home.

I think Alisan will go through. I hope so. Bryan didn't sing that song nearly as well as Christina does, but he has been doing better lately and he connected to that song tonight. I just think it's too little too late. He'll probably get to sing for the save, but I doubt he'll get it. He's nice, good-looking, and talented, but I think he's going home.

I thought Hannah had one of her best performances tonight. She is pretty and seems sweet. And she sang last. So, there's an outside chance that maybe she'll somehow manage to get in the top three, but I don't think so. As a member of Team Pharrell, I think it will be difficult for her to win the twitter save unless both Adam and Mary get through on votes and she doesn't have to compete against them.

So, I'm guessing that it will be Adam, Alisan, and Mary going through on votes and then maybe Hannah will edge out Laith for the twitter save? If either Adam or Mary doesn't go through on votes, then they'll win the Twitter save.

moebius

I don't care who goes through as long as Hannah doesn't. She's boring as cardboard.

I just looked at the Voice application, and there is one question that baffles me. It asks if you are in a romantic relationship or not. If not, why? What if you are 15 yrs old? How are you gonna answer that question? Why would they want to know why you are not in a romantic relationship? That's bizarre!

Allskate

I just looked at the Voice application, and there is one question that baffles me. It asks if you are in a romantic relationship or not. If not, why? What if you are 15 yrs old? How are you gonna answer that question? Why would they want to know why you are not in a romantic relationship? That's bizarre!

Because they like to play up back stories? Maybe they want to know if you've been through a terrible breakup or lost a spouse to cancer? Or they want to know if they can have shots of you singing to your devoted wife?

flyingsit

Over the past few weeks I have become Team Bryan all the way; in my ideal world he would win.

Desperado is probably in my top 5 favorite songs of all time and I really did not like Alisan's version. At all. She sang well but the phrasing and dynamics that she used completely overpowered the lyrics.

Hannah irritates me for some reason and I can't put my finger on it. I know exactly why Mary Sarah irritates me -- she seems very plastic, her facial expressions are exactly the same (as if she practices them in the mirror), and I think she would knock anyone down who's in her way.

And last but not least, if I had a record company I would sign Shalyah and give her 18-24 months of vocal training, send her out on the road to open for people, and then have her record an album. She has talent, natural performance quality, and a very appealing personality -- the right nurturing could enable her to be very very successful.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I'm disappointed in general in the season. It's not because this group isn't talented, it's that nobody is making me stop what I'm doing and just watch. Although I do think both Bryan and Hannah really brought it last night, whether it's enough to make the finale who knows.

Shalyah is screaming. She's so pretty and talented but Adam was the wrong coach for her, either Pharrell or Xtina would have been better. Alisan's Desperado was too "configured" for my taste but then I'm in love with the Linda Ronstadt version. And I like Laith more and more, partially because I think it's neat that an Iraqi guy with a weird beard has gotten this far.

I still figure Adam or Alisan for the win but not sure who else will be in the final.

kylet3

Last I thought, and it's been a while since I've seen anything (since the knockouts), it looked like Alisan was a pretty solid bet to win, is that still the case?

taf2002

Shalyah is screaming. She's so pretty and talented but Adam was the wrong coach for her, either Pharrell or Xtina would have been better.

At least Adam made it possible for her to still be in the competition. If you remember, she was on Christina's then Pharrell's teams. She was battled out & knocked out. I think Pharrell chose Hannah over her which makes sense but Christina chose Tamar (the one who used to sing with Beyoncé) when IMO Shalyah clearly won that battle.

Last night's show was pretty good from most everyone as the iTunes chart shows:

#2 Adam
#3 Alison
#4 Mary
#6 Hannah
#7 Bryan
#11 Laith
#28 Shalyah
#72 Paxton

I have been thinking the top 3 going into the finale would be Adam, Alisan, & Laith but now I'm not sure about Laith. Paxon & Shalyah seem to be the bottom 2 but I have no idea who will get the 3rd & 4th spots. Both Mary & Bryan have been improving dramatically the last few weeks but Laith & Hannah have been consistently good. I really want Laith & Hannah in there. It would be great if all 4 coaches have someone in the finale.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Since I don't trust the way they jiggle the formulas, I think Hannah will be in the finale so that Pharrell isn't orphaned again. Meaning that the fourth spot goes to an Adam singer, probably Laith instead of Shalyah.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Adam, Alisan and Hannah. Now we will see. Problem is I actually like all of them, but I guess I'm rooting for Laith or Brian.

Allskate

Wow. I'm surprised Hannah made it through on votes. I guess going last helps.

I'm pulling for Laith, but I don't think it will be him.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Wow. I'm surprised Hannah made it through on votes. I guess going last helps.

I'm pulling for Laith, but I don't think it will be him.

Surprise! I gotta hand it to a guy who sings Hendrix for his final save. That was ballsy. And Adam does have a huge fan base.

I have to say that I believe that Adam does have a personal stake in Laith. He truly looked overjoyed.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I voted for Laith to stay during the Twitter save and it got retweeted over 300x just while I was sitting at my computer. I've enjoyed him every week this season and I wanted to see him in the finale. I also thought he was the best in the final songs. :)

Allskate

Surprise! I gotta hand it to a guy who sings Hendrix for his final save. That was ballsy. And Adam does have a huge fan base.

I have to say that I believe that Adam does have a personal stake in Laith. He truly looked overjoyed.

I think Adam genuinely was happy for Laith. But I also think that Adam was very happy that he wasn't the only judge shut out of the finale. He's so competitive.

IMO, Laith clearly was the one who deserved to go to the finale. Neither Mary nor Bryan delivered particularly good performances tonight. Blake couldn't even do a good job pretending to advocate for Mary.

And I like Laith more and more, partially because I think it's neat that an Iraqi guy with a weird beard has gotten this far.

That's the icing on the cake for me. Gives me a little hope for this nutty nation of ours.

I thought it was really nice of Laith to thank not only Adam, but also Pharrell, who really did promote Laith. And Laith was obviously very excited to win the Twitter save.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
I have a stupid question - how is the save by Twitter vote even a smidge of fair? It's only the East and Central time zones that count?

moebius

I have a stupid question - how is the save by Twitter vote even a smidge of fair? It's only the East and Central time zones that count?
Not at all. However, motivated West coasters can log on to Twitter around 1755 and vote. Who on the West Coast doesn't have anything better to do than to log on to Twitter to save their fave?

taf2002

This is the F4 I wanted too but I'm bummed that Laith didn't get in on his own. I really want him to get a make-over now & show up at the finale all tiffed & shock everyone. But that's what I wanted of Sawyer too & that didn't happen.

moebius

Satisfied with the final four, except Bryan or Mary should've been in the final instead of Hannah. Oh well... it doesn't matter anyways at this point. One extra week won't make a difference. Hannah won't win anyways.

shan

Alisan has a beautiful singer and really connects to her material, but I was underwhelmed by her original song. I was distracted by her outfit and the random people lined up behind her with lanterns. I think she's good enough to not have all the distractions.

:wuzrobbed I missed Laith. What did he sing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information