The Voice Spring 2016

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Premiers on the east coast in 10 minutes. Christina is back.

Are there any truths to the Jessica Cabral rumors? She was dumped from AI in the cut from 40 something to 24.

shan

Oh good grief the sob stories drive me crazy, but that little guy whose parents were told he would never walk is adorable! That story got me and made me :wuzrobbed

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Mike Shiavo who sang with Adam was really good. Better than the blonde country singer Blake got.

Twizzler

Apparently Michael Weiss daughter tried out, but didn't make it. Not sure which city. Wonder if they'll show her audition??

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm soooooo happy Xtina is back. She doesn't take any crap off Blake or Adam. She has got to pick the right songs and packaging for her team this season because I want her to win.

Allskate

That was a good opening episode. I'm glad Xtina got Alisan. Xtina always seems to lose out to the guys when she's trying to get singers to pick her in the Blind Auditions.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I was having some flashbacks during Alisan Porter's audition. My niece studied at Alisan's grandmother's dance studio. I had wondered what happened to Alisan.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
When I heard the guy who dueted with Adam start singing I thought "just sign him up right now". It's not that I thought he had the most fantastic voice ever but he sounded so current & his singing was so effortless. That's the kind of music I buy.

I love the blind auditions & this episode was a good one. But I'm not thrilled that Christina is back. She is my least favorite female they've had. I'm sure she's a better coach than Shakira or Gwen but IMO she's the least fun & she puts the least effort into looking good. Her messy hair really turned me off.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
When I heard the guy who dueted with Adam start singing I thought "just sign him up right now". It's not that I thought he had the most fantastic voice ever but he sounded so current & his singing was so effortless. That's the kind of music I buy.
I really liked him as well, but I confess, I also thought he needs a make over. The big advantage of TV over AI is the audition isn't based on looks. But, the reality is that future success does take that into consideration. Probably he and Alisan were the two most likely to go through to the live shows of last nights group. Some of the other were OK, but you just know they aren't going to make it through the battle rounds.

But, while I hope the eventual winner does well, I really care more about the judges strategy and competition than I do the singers. :shuffle:

shan

Why on earth did all 4 turn for the girl who sang Yellow Brick Road? Battle round casualty.

I don't understand it either. I thought maybe they all turned too soon? The first part started off pretty well, but then it got kind of weird for awhile.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't understand it either. I thought maybe they all turned too soon? The first part started off pretty well, but then it got kind of weird for awhile.
That's what I thought too. Xtina was trying to give her to Pharrell. :lol: She'll be gone in the first round.
They need to let guitar guy just play.

shan

I guess "Amazed" guy's mom will still be sharing her car. I thought he was kind of generic plus I kind of hate that song. :scream:

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I agree re Yellow Brick Road singer. Interesting performance but not one I'd want to listen to very often. I liked Angie the country singer. I could imagine her on country radio right now.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I think as soon the chairs started to they all oh fcuk what did we just do
That's what I thought too. Xtina was trying to give her to Pharrell. :lol: She'll be gone in the first round.
They need to let guitar guy just play.
The guitar guy shouldn't have chosen that song to sing to, guitar yes sing no

Allskate

I don't understand why all four turned for Emily, but XTina was the only one who turned for Shalyah. (I thought that even Theron was better than Emily.) Xtina is the right coach for Shalyah, though. Shaylah is talented, but she is young, a diamond still in the rough, and not the type to win this competition.

I think Blake picked up some pretty good ones with Emily and the "manly Adam", Pharrell got himself a good one with Joe, and Adam got himself a good one with Laith.

moebius

Emily kinda reminds me of Deanna from season 8 who was on Adam's team. I thought it started off weird, couldn't even figure out what she was singing, but it got better towards the end. That is the worst 4 chair turn evah!

Susan1

Why on earth did all 4 turn for the girl who sang Yellow Brick Road? Battle round casualty.

I only turned this on around 9:00. This is the first thing I heard. And it made my fillings hurt. What in the world? Pick a key. Or a melody. Or something.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
This show is on A LOT. :barrel

It should be renamed "Too Many Voices" :sheep: it also fits for all the schizophrenic singing performances.

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I wasn't as surprised by Yellow Brick Road singer getting 4 chairs as I was with Red Neck Woman. I thought she was awful. Very high energy & comfortable stage presence but very very strange pronunciation of every word. And I thought she was obnoxious afterwards. Actually, I thought most of the singers last night were fodder. I liked Joe the carnival guy & Laith the guitar guy, & the Tennessee Whiskey guy was ok but none of the young ones are ready for primetime IMO.

Karpenko said:
This show is on A LOT. :barrel

It should be renamed "Too Many Voices" :sheep: it also fits for all the schizophrenic singing performances.

Don't watch.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
I kind of liked the one who was a child actor with her blue bayou.

orbitz

I think all the judges had regret when she went into her odd Eeeeeh, aaaah, oohhhh crap, lol. It sounded really off pitch to me.

Caroline is sweet, but she'll get eaten alive in the battle round.

skatesindreams

I would describe Laith's singing as "average".
However his guitar skills are "superior".

It will be interesting to see how Adam uses him.

Allskate

Christina is building a strong team. It's going to be tricky setting up her battles.

But there were some other good ones tonight, too. My top three were Malik, Petyon, and Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information