The Voice Spring 2016

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Sorry to see Owen go, he was still my fave. But it sounds like he had a weak night Monday (I missed Monday's show) and he needed something strong to come back from last week.

shan

I missed Shalyah, but I've been kind of underwhelmed tonight. Mary Sarah sings very well, but I find her so boring.

LeafOnTheWind

If Daniel doesn't go home there is something seriously wrong with America's votes. That was the pitchiest piece of crap out there tonight.

shan

I didn't enjoy Daniel either. He sounded really bad in spots and I hate that song. :scream:

moebius

Hannah was pretty bad too. She has a thin voice and shouldn't be singing Adele's or any powerful female singer's songs.

flyingsit

What bugged me the most about Hannah (and pretty much anyone who tries to sing Rolling in the Deep) is that she completely missed the rhythm that Adele brings to the vocal. Somehow Adele manages to sing the melody but almost have a percussive quality as well, and without that the song loses SO MUCH of its impact. It's something that Pink does really well too.

Meredith

what a glorious day!
Daniel was awful. Cheesy and off pitch.

I really liked Alisan and Laith.
I've been searching for a word to describe Daniel and came up with "affected." I closed my eyes when he sang - for at least part of the song - and found him a little more palatable.

Liked Shalyah but changed the channel after she sang.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I really don't like Adele's voice, esp now since her surgery. And I hate her songs. So depressing. If I never hear Rolling in the Deep again I will be a happy camper. I actually liked Hannah's version better than Adele's.

iTunes:
6 Alisan
11 Laith
16 Adam
18 Mary
23 Hannah
35 Bryan
38 Paxton (85 Paxton from last week)
91 Shalyah
92 Nick
193 Daniel

Phooey on Laith being #11. I wanted him in the top 10 so he would get the multipler. I liked him (loved his guitar playing), Alisan, Adam, & Paxton. This was probably Mary's best night since her audition or maybe I just love that song. Both Hannah & Shalyah were just ok. I ff'd thru Bryan, Nick, & Daniel - boring.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Much to my surprise, Paxton was probably my favorite last night. They had Adam set up for a big finish, but it came off a little blah to me.

Rob

Beach Bum
Storm cut out Hannah and Laith so I will have to find a youtube substitute.
I hate the Celine Dion song that Paxton sang so my opinion was colored, but his voice is good.
Daniel or Nick can go.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I bought Laith's and plan to download one of his blues EPs. Damn, that dude can play. Reminds me a bit of the late Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Allskate

I really don't like Adele's voice, esp now since her surgery. And I hate her songs. So depressing. If I never hear Rolling in the Deep again I will be a happy camper. I actually liked Hannah's version better than Adele's.

I have the exact opposite view. I like Adele and much preferred her version to Hannah's. (And I'm someone who tends to like Hannah.) In general, I think it's a bad idea to cover Adele. The majority of people will think you are not as good. Pharrell has to do a better job with song choices.

Adam has to do a better job with coaching. It really annoyed me that he was telling Shalyah to go full out 11 on everything. Not only is it bad for her voice, it is not enjoyable. She needs to have better vocal control. She also needs to have some restraint, so that when she does go full out, it is a highlight and packs some punch. Alisan knows how to do that. I thought last night was one of Alisan's best performances.

I bought Laith's and plan to download one of his blues EPs. Damn, that dude can play. Reminds me a bit of the late Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I am pleasantly surprised by how many people are voting for Laith. He's not the type who usually is a fan favorite. Though I suppose it could just be that a larger percentage of his fans actually buy his music and that he's not doing as well with the votes. I'm betting that a lower percentage of Nick's fans buy the music. I was listening to one of Laith's albums today, and it was really good. (FYI, if you're an Amazon Prime member, he has an album that streams for free.) The music I was listening to today was less SRV. Laith definitely has a jazz influence and B.B. King influence.

shan

:eek: at both final save performances.

That being said, I don't understand why Pharrell doesn't speak up more for his contestants. He almost seemed to be giving a goodbye speech. :huh: (((Daniel)))

taf2002

That elimination had no element of surprise. They should have put Daniel out of his misery & cut him before he humiliated himself with that "save me" performance.

shan

I can't believe Paxton is still in this. I do appreciate the enthusiasm with which he sings.

shan

I think that Mary Sarah is very popular, but I just don't get it. She sings well and doesn't hit too many bad notes, but I find her so generic. I also think she tries too hard (if that's possible on a show like this).

shan

I thought Adam was better than last week, Alisan was beyond screechy :scream: and Bryan was also better than last week.

Allskate

I thought Nick was bad and should go home.

I thought Paxton was forgettable. I'd put him in the bottom two.

Mary Sarah sang a county song, called "My Church", on Team Blake, so she's definitely going through.

I thought Hannah was fine. She's just got a good voice and seems really nice, but she's not compelling enough as an artist and performer. It was weird that Pharrell was reading his comments on her performance.

I once again found myself wishing that Xtina was still Shalyah's coach. I don't think Adam knows what to do with her. She did not sounds good.

This was not my favorite of Leith's performances, but I still preferred it to most of the other performances tonight. Ditto for Alisan. I prefer her more restrained performances.

I liked Adam, but not as much as some of his earlier performances. His song choices have been a little odd lately. I can't put my finger on what it is that seems off. A little too overdone in the arrangements? A tad cheesy? It doesn't sound very contemporary.

I think Bryan has been improving over the course of the competition, though he's still not my favorite. And I don't think Beyonce will be calling.

taf2002

Surprisingly I liked Shalyah's version of that old song.

I didn't. That song is so iconic & she just doesn't have the gravitas to pull it off. I wish she would sing more age-appropriate songs instead of the Mariah/Christina/Celine diva-type songs. Has she sung anything from this decade?

iTunes:
11 Adam
12 Laith
14 Mary
20 Hannah
22 Bryan
27 Alisan
39 Shalyah
86 Paxton
119 Nick

To me this was the worst night of the season. I FF'd thru most of the performances. Laith was the only one I really enjoyed.

Rob

Beach Bum
I had the Voice on while I was cooking and cleaning up. I kept realizing that I wasn't paying attention to the singing at all.

shan

Wow, closest vote I've seen 50/50... Neither is my favorite, but I thought Paxton did better. And I can't help but think that Christina bringing up Nick's family once again was a factor. Blech...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information