#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad for Skating

I hope not to get reamed for this... but has Glenn ever been discussed for #TTW?

She sure is a heartbreak...and always a splat.

Boobs and booty maybe?

I find this "being coached by Volchkova" too eliminating these days. lol

Amber is totally #TTW worthy! Emo programs, rocks and splats, openly bi queen...what more do you want? Plus, she's such a sweetheart.

Also, I don’t remember if I have mentioned it before, but I decided to go to Moscow for Rostelecom Cup, so #ttw will have it’s own :sekret: there

YAY!!! Have fun and report back to us!

Awe thanks 😘, I can't believe that they even made it there under the circumstances!

Be proud of me, I watched both programs live on the stream, which is a first for me!! 💪

So I'm ready for Grenoble, bring it on! 💪💪💪

Have fun, Mama Tiff! Cheer loud for me!

Tiff's pics on FB seemed to indicate they were having a good time and they were Mamma friendly. Which one of the senior Russian women were assigned to supervise Anna and not let her run wild in Vegas?

I imagine it was Stepanova. La Tuk would get her into too much trouble haha.

After Tiff had to spend a very long 8 days on bed rest to totally immobilize her knee, then a painful week of training on a very poorly knee, I think she was out to make the most of her free day in Vegas yesterday before the 24 hour long return journey! Tiff was not on mamma duty, she was sharing with Konstantinova

Aww, tell Tiff I wish her a speedy recovery!

From velvetboy to bondage brown in a year! Respect.

I told y'all he was a looker back in the ponytail days but no one believed me...

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
The Russian's had a team trainwreck journey to Kelowna :gallopin1

They didn't get their bags in time at a transfer in Calgary, and so ended up missing their flight.
So in the end they flew Moscow-Amsterdam-Calgary-Edmonton-Kelowna.
Three flights and more than a day in transit, ”said Betina Popova .

They arrived in Kelowna late in the evening of October 23, local time.
The next day at 8 in the morning, training will begin.

J

Jeschke

#TTW Q no° 7 'Bizarre Off Ice Incidents' :(
This article says their taxi was involved in a chain collision accident. They were injured in legs etc but the injuries are not serious. They will skate at SKCA as they originally planned.
Any further info is welcomed. Wish all the best for them.
Hope Marin (and Keiji) is fine so far and kicks ass! 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:

Dobre

Well, they may understandably not all show up for the morning practice, but it is good to know they made it here. The last SC I was at was the one in Regina & there was a huge windstorm in Toronto and ice in Detroit so Patrick and various other athletes/coaches flying through Detroit were late. (And a few athletes were there without their coaches & skating around like they were sleeping on the ice). It was generally cold/windy/frigid the whole time, and waiting for the bus was a misery.

Kelowna is beautiful. Wine country in the fall, all the leaves changing, gorgeous lakes, relatively small city. It is supposed to be nice today so Mom & I are walking to the rink along the water. Dancers are first so we are awake! Here's hoping some of the skaters are too:).

SamuraiK

The Russian's had a team trainwreck journey to Kelowna :gallopin1

They didn't get their bags in time at a transfer in Calgary, and so ended up missing their flight.
So in the end they flew Moscow-Amsterdam-Calgary-Edmonton-Kelowna.
Three flights and more than a day in transit, ”said Betina Popova .

And to compete in CAN of all countries.. get some good rest guys.

Dobre

Enjoy @Dobre , bring us the (#ttw) facts from the arena! :40beers:

Meticulous practice notes from the EARLY men's practice:

Here in the Hundred Acre Wood, everyone except Winnie the Pooh is already on the train!

Zhi Jie Yee is guiding us on the Highway to Hell.

Nadeau is our experienced engineer.

Nam is shoveling the coal.

Roman is collecting the tickets.

Tanaka is popping the popcorn, and Deniss is working on the spin.

Paul, Brendan, Matteo, and Lazukin are reluctant to leave the sleeper cars.

And Camden PulKEEN is in charge of the caboose.

Last edited:

SamuraiK

Meticulous practice notes from the EARLY men's practice:

Here in Hundred Acre Wood, everyone except Winnie the Pooh is already on the train!

Zhi Jie Yee is guiding us on the Highway to Hell.

Nadeau is our experienced engineer.

Nam is shoveling the coal.

Roman is collecting the tickets.

Tanaka is popping the popcorn, and Deniss is working on the spin.

Paul, Brendan, Matteo, and Lazukin are reluctant to leave the sleeper cars.

And Camden PulKEEN is in charge of the caboose.

I didn't understand any of those references except for Winnithe the Pooh but Im excited for SC anwyay! :cheer2:

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Ice Dance RD:

S/W - The RD is fun and he walked in shorts, tank top and flip flops through Oberstdorf at 10°C, enough reason to cheer!
G/P - :blah:
L/L - Well, this felt kinda flat, sorry @levineismine :( the non-matching costumes and her interpretation are of no help either :shuffle:
E/B - Bazin is so doable! :smokin: I wished they'd have a better set of programs this season.
P/M - I would pay good money to get Krylova's real thoughts on this.
H/K - Kirill is so so good. A shame the program is damn boring. How they wanna beat Libby the crowdpleaser with this? :drama:
F/G - This score is such a joke.
G/P - I feel old now Poirier finally looks grown up. Joke score #2.
H/D - #teammaddiethesnake
H/B - I might never recover from Baker's hip swings but hell did I love that :love:

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Ladies SP:

Sakhanovich - Well, this was a bit rough.
Pineault - Landed her stuff, but zzzh to me.
Mallet - Alaine, come back, now!
You - Well, that was kick ass, but still, she remains my KOR#7 or so, if @Hanna likes it or not :D
Honda - I can't stand this program at all and I have no clue why it had to stay for god's sake.
Daleman - I bet @alchemy void would kill for this costume. And the nails.
Paganini - Way too much U.S., way too little OES.
Trusova - She sells the hell outta it; if I like it, that's a different matter. GOE's on the jumps and PCS :rolleyes:
Kim - The dress is fierce as ****! Of course I would have put this above Trusova for now!
Medvedeva - Held up. KnC tension :eek:
Tennell - Lots of really good stuff in there, but in the end it's Tennell after all 🤷‍♂️
Kihira - I like the dress. Programs feels weird. For her at least.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If Med had had a teddy, she'd have bit its head off. I suspect the flower girls were afraid to get near her to give her anything. I've never seen her that :mad: But, she knows she doesn't have a prayer of a medal unless there are major meltdowns by 4 other skaters. I do feel for her and Tuk. Zagitova maybe watching these past three weeks and deciding to take up a new hobby. But, I suspect Radionova, Lip and Pogo are sitting at home going, Uh, huh. Been there. See what it feels like when you did this to us.

SamuraiK

SC Short Dance Recap

Very Blond Canadians - Gimme the original ABBA so at least I can feel a bit entertained. Weak.
Surviving Siblings - I thought they were better at SA. Unremarkable.
Lajoie& Lagha - Not as fierce as WSS story program should be but their skills are nice. Solid
Evdokimova & Bazin - really bad music choice, they lack the charisma to pull it off. Is girl and boy next door trying too hard. They are the new Monko & Khaliavin.
Popova & Mozgov - OMG WTF are those crazy costumes? This was like what a Leonova ice dance performance should be: Trashy and full of gimmicks. I was wondering why it is so over the top then I saw Krylova and it all made sense.
Best ESP couple - WORST costume of the season for her. Like a poorly wrapped gift. The performance was lifeless so Im afraid they will lose the world spot to the other ESP couple.
Voidy and Voidier - I hate Cabaret-esque music and musicals but this was surprisingly good. High energy all around, the final lift was kinda messy.
Swing Couple - They skate bigger and bigger each time and I love every second of it.
Bitchface & Leprechaun - He's always the better half but tonight I felt he was phoning in all the choreo. Not a good vehicle .

Best Dressed - Umm Donohue? No one really 🤷‍♂️
Do Hard - Bazin

Best Moment: Hubbell's "Te Quiero Guapo" at the K&C LOL that was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information