#TeamTrainwreck 18: Wrap your turban tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

:gallopin1 -Patron-Saint:
Nevskaya, Anna

Ladies:
Gold, Gracie *
Gubanova, Anastasiia
Honda, Marin
Konstantinova, Stanislava
Leonova, Alena
Park, Soyoun
Sakhanovich, Serafima **
Schott, Nicole

Men:
Aliev, Dmitri
Aymoz, Kévin
Březina, Michal
Nadeau, Nicolas
Sadovsky, Roman
Samohin, Daniel

Pairs:
Peng, Cheng / Jin, Yang

Ice Dance:
Shpilevaya, Anastasia / Smirnov, Grigory

Watch List:
Ladies: tba
Men: Pulkinen, Camden
Pairs: Panfilova, Apollinariia / Rylov, Dmitry
Dance: tba

* has to skate internationally or at 2020 nationals to remain
** restriciton got removed due selection for GP series and qualification for nationals

@Vagabond will you bring the FAQ's again? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Farewell Soyoun Park!
Entry: November 8th, 2015
Exodus: August 21st, 2019
Career highlights: Four Continents, 2016 4th; Worlds 2014 and 2015, 9th; Nationals 2015. 1st

As the train started rolling back in 2015 you were one of the elite chosen ones to board. Now, almost four years later, you are leaving our team as the 2nd to last member of that time (leaving Schott as the last one standing! 🆘 ). Your trainwreck career started even earlier. After a decent 12th place finish at your first junior worlds, you led the KOR JGP trials for the upcoming olympic season after the SP, only to :gallopin1 the FS (8th) and finish 5th overall, thus being left off the team. In a glorious rebounce you won silver at senior nationals the same season and got chosen to skate at the 2014 olympics. In best trainwreck manner, you won pewter at 2016 Four Continents, losing bronze with a 5th place SP and 7th place FS finish by a nose. In a tragic way you were tremendously robbed of home soil olympics 2018 with a bizarre selection process, forcing you to skate while recovering from injury. Though many thought this might be the end, you got your redemption. Your FS at 2019 KOR nationals was the emotional highlight of the night and will remain in our memories many years to come. We were happy to see you could finish an awesome but heartbreaking career on #teamtrainwreck's very own event: the Universiade.
Soyoun, your gorgeous skills, subtle performance and stunning beauty will be deeply missed. Your 2a3t was too die for, so much distance, so much flow. It was such a pleasure.

작별 인사!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It's always fun to spot future #TTW members as they make their JGP debuts. And those who will never come close by being either too good :cheer2: or are too boring and total failures as heartbreakers :( . But the best ones are those who will provide us with #bizarreoffice antics, become future :cheer2: leaders (you all know who she is :) ), and generally entertain us for seasons to come.

#TTW has done a pretty good job of picking out the potential new comers and knowing who they are long before they make their senior debut. Who will we be watching for the move up to seniors by 2022? Will we pick right or will they fail to make the team?

I love the start of the season when expectations are high and we're not sullied by disappointment.

J

Jeschke

Look, who we have here: Sofia Biryukova :love:
Coach account: https://www.instagram.com/sonyasb_coach/
Private account: https://www.instagram.com/sonya_sb/?hl=de

It's private and I don't dare to ask access, but I guess @alchemy void approves the Derbina-Karotom-inspired profil photo :smokin:

Yeah, how the hell did I find that? :D
Samoylov posted a pic of himself with Yablokov and her on his insta story:

Still looking good.
Is she part of the Volchkova team? Coaching by her own?

Side note: I approve she proudly lists Universiade win 2013 in her profile :gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1

Edit: Seems we are back to old IG layout in here.

Vagabond

A new thread is like a freshly resurfaced rink. :)

For those who have already forgotten the tracings previously left on the ice, here's how we roll here:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo
12) Hair

Pantheon:
Gimazetdinova, Anastasia
Hubert, Laëtitia
Miner, Ross
Sandhu, Emanuel

Fans' Auxiliary:
alchemy_void
pinky166
SmallFairy

Glossary:
#TTW = Team Trainwreck
1930's Belarussian = Katsiarina Pakhamovich
Big Bro 1.0 = Michal Březina
Big Bro 2.0 = Jorik Hendrickx
Bossman = Jeschke (not Norman Jeschke)
Cave In = Kévin Aymoz (from the French pronunciation of his first name and his tendency to cave in)
Comfy Balls = Sondre Oddvoll Bøe (from his brand of shorts for underwear, as reflected on his social media posts)
Danny Salmon = Daniel Samohin
Elvis = Nicolas Nadeau (from his Elvis Presley Free Skate of a couple of seasons ago)
Empress, The = Aliona Savchenko
Lil Sis 1.0 = Eliška Březinová
Lil Sis 2.0 = Loena Hendrickx
Lovebirds = Two young skaters who display their affection for each other on social media (exact meaning depends on context)
Narcissus and Echo = Guillaume Cizeron and Gabriella Papadakis
Our boy = Dmitri Aliev
Perkova = Alena Leonova
Poster boy = Daniel Samohin
Poster girl = Stanislava Konstantinova
Pressman = Vagabond
Queen U = Elizaveta Ukolova
Romsky = Roman Sadovsky (from his moniker on social media)
Susie = Ksenia Stolbova (from Google Translate)
Telenovela = Deniss Vasiljevs, either with or without his coach (for obvious reasons)
TM1 = Maria Artemieva (Trainwreck Maria #1)
TM2 = Maria Stavitskaya (Trainwreck Maria #2)
Tsareva = (1) To react impassively to success or failure; (2) not to suffer fools gladly.
Vice = alchemy_void

MEEPOTS = Most Epic Ending Pose of the Season
MESS = Most Epic Splat of the Season
MIMOS = Most Important Minion of the Season
POTS or :gallopin1-POTS = Performance of the Season
Tursy-POTS = Kiss and Cry Performance of the Season (from Elizabet Tursynbayeva's mother)

FAQ:

If I post in this thread, does that mean I'm on #TTW?

No, the skaters are the ones on the Team, not us. But you may aspire to joining the Fans' Auxiliary.

Who decides whether a skater's membership should be cancelled on grounds other than medaling or retirement?
Normally, da bossman, possibly with the advice of vice. But there's always a first time for everything.

Why is Alena Leonova on the List? She has a World Silver Medal.
There's a Perkova Rule, which is so obvious it doesn't need to be included in the Rules above, namely, a skater is on the Team if she (1) has only one World or Olympic Silver or Bronze Medal and no international gold medals, (2) has never won her home country's National Championship, and (3) is Perkova.

Do you have to be voidy to be on the Team?
No, but it helps. You do, however, have to be heartbreaking.

Is there an anti-American bias here?
Not at all. Several Americans are or have been on the team, e.g., Ross Miner, Richard Dornbush, Gracie Gold, and Mirai Nagasu.

What is the Pantheon?
The Pantheon is something we cooked up here in the #TTW Press Office to promote those skaters who have retired. Each member of the Pantheon must embody in his or her own way the essence of Team Trainwreck as determined by the pressman.

How do I get on the Fans' Auxiliary?
Not by asking or campaigning for it.

Why isn't being French and hot one of the Qualities?
It's implicit in being French and hot that a skater has the listed Qualities in spades.

Sally Skater and Peter Partner fell on their side-by-side triple flips at last weekend's competition. Surely that makes them worthy of the Team.
In and of itself, falling once or even several times in one program does not warrant membership. Please reread the Criteria.

Why aren't skaters allowed on the Team before they skate Seniors at the international level?
We want to give them time to mature without putting too much pressure on them.

Is there a King and Queen, or is everybody equal?
No, but we do have da bossman and vice.

Can someone clarify what this thread is for/about?
No.

Why is this thread in The Trash Can, whereas From Russia with Love is in Great Skate Debate?
That's a good question.

:gallopin1

J

Jeschke

Couldn’t resist but applied for Biryukova‘s IG.
No positive response so far :drama:

But: got an request by Biryukova to follow me.
(accepted in 3seconds of course; stupid me, I should have let her in the waiting line just a bit longer :D )

Is this failure now or success or complete :gallopin1 madness?:rofl:
#unblockmeontwitter

Last edited by a moderator:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
#unblockmeontwitter

On the eve of the start of the JGP, we should open betting as to who will get Instagram blocked first this season due to excessive fan behavior:

Biryukova (or Sokolovskaya) blocks @Jeschke?
Susie blocks @oleada or @Mad for Skating?
((Insert guy skater here)) block @SmallFairy?
One of the Triple As block @rfisher?
Danny Salmon blocks @Vagabond?
Poster Girl blocks @Ka3sha?
Karly Robertson blocks @SamuraiK? :p
Aliev blocks @RoseRed?
Zahorski blocks @taz'smum? ;)
Chartrand blocks @pinky166? ((((Bidar))))
Popova blocks @Dobre?
Alexa Knierem blocks @AngieNikodinovLove?
Dasa, her boyfriend, or Bulge Judge blocks me?

Please feel free to add your name as this was quickly half-assed, like most my posts here. :p

Happy betting! :cheer:

Last edited:

Vagabond

On the eve of the start of the JGP, we should open betting as to who will get Instagram blocked first this season due to excessive fan behavior:

Aliev blocks @RoseRed?
Popova blocks @Dobre?

Please feel free to add your name as this was quickly half-assed, like most my posts here. :p

:lol:

Where is @UMBS Go Blue when he need him to propose vBets? :wuzrobbed

For what it's worth, I don't have an Instagram account. Boss and vice, on the other hand....

Laney

:yawn:

I don't care about seeing him shirtless. I just want to see him standing on a podium with another ISU medal. Or an Olympic one (and not for surfing).

🏄‍♂️ 🥇 🐺
You know, if you'd follow him on Instagram you would know this will never happen 😭 Or only with tons of good luck. He has quite the active life outside the skating rink. And I guess he doesn't feed the white 🐺 with all the barbecues...
But I'm happy I'll see him in Oberstdorf, soon 😍

Mad for Skating

Farewell Soyoun Park!
Entry: November 8th, 2015
Exodus: August 21st, 2019
Career highlights: Four Continents, 2016 4th; Worlds 2014 and 2015, 9th; Nationals 2015. 1st

As the train started rolling back in 2015 you were one of the elite chosen ones to board. Now, almost four years later, you are leaving our team as the 2nd to last member of that time (leaving Schott as the last one standing! 🆘 ). Your trainwreck career started even earlier. After a decent 12th place finish at your first junior worlds, you led the KOR JGP trials for the upcoming olympic season after the SP, only to :gallopin1 the FS (8th) and finish 5th overall, thus being left off the team. In a glorious rebounce you won silver at senior nationals the same season and got chosen to skate at the 2014 olympics. In best trainwreck manner, you won pewter at 2016 Four Continents, losing bronze with a 5th place SP and 7th place FS finish by a nose. In a tragic way you were tremendously robbed of home soil olympics 2018 with a bizarre selection process, forcing you to skate while recovering from injury. Though many thought this might be the end, you got your redemption. Your FS at 2019 KOR nationals was the emotional highlight of the night and will remain in our memories many years to come. We were happy to see you could finish an awesome but heartbreaking career on #teamtrainwreck's very own event: the Universiade.
Soyoun, your gorgeous skills, subtle performance and stunning beauty will be deeply missed. Your 2a3t was too die for, so much distance, so much flow. It was such a pleasure.

작별 인사!

Aww, beautiful words! Farewell, my sweet and gorgeous queen ❤️ She deserves so much better and I hope she has a bright future.

Don’t worry, I’ve been running a fan page for her since last summer and she hasn’t blocked me, so I’m in the clear :)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:yawn:

I don't care about seeing him shirtless. I just want to see him standing on a podium with another ISU medal. Or an Olympic one (and not for surfing).

🏄‍♂️ 🥇 🐺
There is an international surfing olympic trial in three weeks. I'll be watching Kelly Slater. I'll let you know if Israel has an entry

rfisher

Let the skating begin
That guy is still surfing competitively? :eek:
How many years have it been since Baywatch? 20?
He's doing quite well and stays top 10 against the 20 yo. He's competing in Tahiti this week. He really wants an Olympic medal. Plus he developed an artificial wave machine that will be used in Japan next summer. He holds world records for most world titles, youngst and oldest title winner. And he's :smokin: he's 47.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝

Aliev blocks @RoseRed?
Popova blocks @Dobre?

L-M-A-O

I was not fully awake just now.. and Im like,. wait... what did she do??? I had to go check my IG.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

SamuraiK

Couldn’t resist but applied for Biryukova‘s IG.
No positive response so far :drama:

But: got an request by Biryukova to follow me.
(accepted in 3seconds of course; stupid me, I should have let her in the waiting line just a bit longer :D )

#unblockmeontwitter

SO, your IG is also private?? Then why all this drama?? Karma fear? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information