#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
#TTW at its finest tonight
Roman failed like a comet exploding in the atmosphere

Former members wanting to return: Rizzo. He had a real chance of getting to the GPF at home and let it fly out the window.

Camden goes clean. We know what that means for the FS.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Rizzo has never been on the Team. Yet. :COP:
He was wait listed until the mythical quad appeared and then removed. Wasn't he? In any event he fecked himself tonight as good as Dannyboy ever has. Of course, he could pull up in the free as none of the SEVEN skaters ahead of him are the least bit consistent except for Hanyu and he doesn't count any way. But, he probably won't and will win gold at his 2nd event and be sitting in the stands in Torino watching six other people on the ice. Which should qualify him for Team status if anything would. Daddy was remarkably composed and didn't murder his offspring. Yet.

Vagabond

He was wait listed until the mythical quad appeared and then removed. Wasn't he?
I did some sleuthing just to be sure my memory was correct, and, no, he wasn't. 🕵️‍♂️

A reminder for our long-time posters, as well as for you lurkers out there. (We know who some of you are! :HA!:)

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo
12) Hair

FAQ:

Sally Skater and Peter Partner fell on their side-by-side triple flips at last weekend's competition. Surely that makes them worthy of the Team.

In and of itself, falling once or even several times in one program does not warrant membership. Please reread the Criteria.

:gallopin1

Even after this evening, Rizzo hasn't satisfied Criterion #4. Yet.

:watch:

SamuraiK

SC Ladies SP Recap

Serafima - This was good for an obscure lady at Euros but lame for someone who wants to make it in RUssia. Zero speed going into some jumps.
Pineault - I liked it. Wow at those thighs. Should have scored a bit higher.
Mallet - I like True Colours but this is booooring.
Young You We Old - Holy didnt expect that, and she still only has 1 event right? meaning she will remain that way. Stupid ISU.
Honda - I had to check if she was on TTW or not. Honestly, she's not a contender anymore, she should leave the train.
Daleman - Mixed feelings, the fact she was very happy after THAT performance really tells you how miserable her level was before, sooooo happpy for her I guess.
Paganini - Fridge break worthy
Quad Queen Trusova - Without her biggest weapons nothing too outstanding but I love her cantilever
Yelim - A bit underscored .
Zarina in Exile Zhenya - This was hard to stomach, specially since this is probably the best SP she's ever had but ouch her face in the K&C like reality hitting her over and over.
Tennell - Now we know how this scores without home advantage bonus.
Kihira - Amazing music choice and choreo but her IN skill are not up to it. Contrived at times.

Best Dressed - Yelim Kim
Do Hard - Honda

Best Moment: Trusova showing off

Vagabond

Zarina in Exile Zhenya - This was hard to stomach, specially since this is probably the best SP she's ever had but ouch her face in the K&C like reality hitting her over and over.
Very Anna Karenina. Very Tursy-POTS-worthy, but not in a Mama Tursy sort of way. :(

Dobre

Maybe he will have another good skate tomorrow. Let's see if he splats and then let da bossman weigh in.

I should not tell you that during the morning men's practice yesterday he hit the first two jumps and popped/splatted the rest of the FS run-through.

Very happy for him today.

Mad for Skating

Sexuality is no #ttw quality, pardon!

Don’t worry, I didn’t mean it in a rude way. It’s just one of the many cool things about her :)

It seems her father was there. I suspect he kept her from running wild on Fremont Street.

Haha!

Camden was stunning. :swoon:

Can we finally upgrade him to full-team status? :drama: Not to mention adorable Tursy-POTS in the K&C.
I’ll campaign for him after this event is over.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Ummmmmm ANL waiting patiently in Starbucks in Amsterdam for the pairs snarky recaps. Where are they everybody? And don't say nothing bad about gorgeous Alexa!!!!

I think I'm actually becoming a fan of MT&M... things like this don't happen every day..

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Pairs SP:

I/M - Still unsure what to think of this pairing, but Lubov is back, so :cheer2:
C/J - Just imagine what TM1 could have done with 'Light of the Seven' :drama:
W/M - Violet leopard bra from hell :scream: The only Elton John program I care about this season is Fentz!
T/Y - I like those 2 a lot. They still need time but they will be great. And I guess it's official to say: W/W won't be seen anywhere outside CHN anymore :wuzrobbed Behind U.S., what the hell?
B/K - Awesome look. But boy you need balls to go out on there in that rose shirt. Throw :swoon: His posture looked kinda awkward though in too many moments for my taste, I really loike them nonetheless.
SK/K - TM1 memorial skate :drama: This is too cheesy for me, still it somehow feels fitting for them.
T/M - Killer dress :swoon: @Hanna ; I love this program on them. So intense. So many good moments.
MT/M - I guess I like the program for her but everything (!!!) he does looks so laboured and this is so damn ****ing distracting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad for Skating

Don’t worry @AngieNikodinovLove, I got you covered:
B/K: Impressive! I liked the program more than I expected. His salmon costume has got to go though.
MT/M: So. Dang. Hot. I loved this. Her whole look was flawless.
T/M: All good except the popped toeloop. I like this music for them.
Knierims: I’m not crazy about this music tbh, but Alexa looked beautiful and they skated well.
I/B: Love these guys. Not my first choice of music but they sold it. Her dress was pretty! Underscored in PCS imo.
C/J: some mistakes but overall I loved this. She’s gorgeous btw.
T/Y: i really like them.
W/M: not a great skate but they’re both hot.

Best dressed: Kirsten Moore-Towers
Do Hard: Jessica Calalang

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Don’t worry @AngieNikodinovLove, I got you covered:
B/K: Impressive! I liked the program more than I expected. His salmon costume has got to go though.
MT/M: So. Dang. Hot. I loved this. Her whole look was flawless.
T/M: All good except the popped toeloop. I like this music for them.
Knierims: I’m not crazy about this music tbh, but Alexa looked beautiful and they skated well.
I/B: Love these guys. Not my first choice of music but they sold it. Her dress was pretty! Underscored in PCS imo.
C/J: some mistakes but overall I loved this. She’s gorgeous btw.
T/Y: i really like them.
W/M: not a great skate but they’re both hot.

Best dressed: Kirsten Moore-Towers
Do Hard: Jessica Calalang

I know, riiiiiight??? MT&M are growing on me in more ways than I ever expected

I don't like that Knierims watered down their ending pose... it loses some choreographic importance for me. Alexa looks SO confident.

My snark moment: T&M... I'm sure Kelowna has barbers. Maybe consider? Bolero is so not a good music fit for anyone anymore. Please let T&D have it. Even the GODDESS Kwan couldn't make it come much to life.

Mad for Skating

I don't like that Knierims watered down their ending pose... it loses some choreographic importance for me. Alexa looks SO confident.

My snark moment: T&M

My snark moment: T&M... I'm sure Kelowna has barbers. Maybe consider? Bolero is so not a good music fit for anyone anymore.please let T&D have it. Even the GODDESS Kwan couldn't make it come much to life.

MT/M looked fabulous! I love her disco queen factor.
Yeah, I miss the original ending pose in the Knierims’ SP too, but overall they look pretty good this year.
Bolero...you have to be a pretty special skater to make it iconic. I don’t mind T/M’s program and it’s miles better than that Candyman rubbish they used to have, but for me, the best Bolero was from Carolina Kostner.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

MT/M looked fabulous! I love her disco queen factor.
Yeah, I miss the original ending pose in the Knierims’ SP too, but overall they look pretty good this year.
Bolero...you have to be a pretty special skater to make it iconic. I don’t mind T/M’s program and it’s miles better than that Candyman rubbish they used to have, but for me, the best Bolero was from Carolina Kostner.

I was going to add Kostner into the Kwan comment as well. Kostner's Bolero is my least favorite Kostner program. It was labored. I did love her black costume for it though.

Ave Maria anyone!

S

SmallFairy

Camden😍 Tursy-POTS KnC awsome!

(((Keiji)))😢 The shirt HAS TO GO! (With Rizzo’s sweater and some other materials from men’s SP)

Yuzu’s twizzles in and out of 4axel is everything!

Med-that was hard to watch. KnC seemed endless.

Lubov, you’re back, I love you!

Who put Morozov in that blouse, no wonder he popped the 3t, it goes in the fire too! 😱

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Men SP:

Yee - Male Mallet 😴
Sadovsky - He has it all, one day folks, one day! :drama: This SP is just wonderful! I love everything about it/him.
Nadeau - 3s3t and 3lo? So Soyoun! #splatordie ; The program sucks and the costume demands nipple!
Lazukin - I liked him more in programs where he was less LaTuk and more Lazukin :shuffle: Sucker for his glide though.
Fentz - It's unbelievable these non-fitting pants are still alive after all these seasons 🆘 Well, this was messy, after Zwinger I expected something way worse though.
Kerry - Gutsy he wanted to go for another quad toe after he ****ed up the combo, a classic :gallopin1 outing though.
Tanaka - If you lose the hip-swing-battle to Jean-Luc Baker, you know you are in real trouble!
Nguyen - I approve the comeback-trail of Nam but I just can't stand 'Blues for Klook'.
Pulkinen - :love: Of course he partly ruined his maybe best SP ever by wiping his nose 2, 3 times mid-program, very much #ttw style! :D The necklace has to go kid!
Hanyu - The boy stays hungry, kudos to that :respec: Now I know where Schott has her twizzling-outta-axel from.
Rizzo - Awesome look. Program is too much crowd-pleasing-shit for me. I want some dark Rachmaninov for him next season please.
Vasiljevs - Most anti-climatic ending since Mysliveckova/Csolley at Euros'15 :blah:

Vagabond

Bolero...you have to be a pretty special skater to make it iconic.
Torvill & Dean made Bolero the electric third rail of Ice Dance programs for anyone else, but any Pair skating to the music needs to relate to each other on ice as well as the Brits did. Tarasova & Morozov do nothing of the sort. :blah:

On the other hand, Vladimir Morozov does look like he wants to throw himself into the mouth of that volcano, so there is that. :shuffle:

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Had my aerial dance performance last night so I couldn’t watch live.

Some of my thoughts

Pulkinen :love: :swoon: terrified for the FS

Romsky :gallopin1 deluxe. Learn how to do a triple lutz or replace it with something else stat!

Elvis love him, love the program, not impressed with his ladies content :slinkaway

Rizzo heartbreaking :cry: better luck in the FS

Vasiljevs he is great but still needs a quad. Also I prefer Deniss being himself over a lanky imitation of Lambiel. Just saying.

Yee: Good job! Nice surprise :cheer2:

Nam zzz
Tanaka zzz

Kerry super :gallopin1 deluxe

S

SmallFairy

Our Camden has been hanging around the station for a while, but lately he’s been seen strolling off somewhere... If he’s on the podium tomorrow...
1.I’ll be so ridiculously happy
2.Maybe I don’t have to see Velvet Boy at every championship (a girl can dream?) (Sorry, but his SL is zzzzzz)
3.Will he still be on the watchlist? If he medals with a decent skate? What if he medals with a trainwrecky skate?

Camden :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information