#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
GP 🇨🇦 Ice Dance FD:

S/W - Really liked that. They are decent.
E/B - I don't get this music mishmash. Main Schindler's list theme would have been great for them.
G/P - Zzzzh.
P/M - I really have to rewatch videos with Yanovskaya to remember how Mozgov looked like/performed before he met Betty.
L/L - Yes to him. No to her. And I fear that won't change anytime soon.
H/K - Nipple! This FD is so good and they are in such a different league to S/D! But we all know who will end up at worlds :rolleyes:
F/G - I actually would prefer some dance skills instead of all this crowd-pleasing pose-crap.
H/D - I expect them to have 1,2 regress seasons only to come back with a killer for 2022. Don't give up hope @levineismine !
G/P - Still have to decide if that FD is going to work for me or not. Some really nice moments though.
H/B - The black tights need to come back! Apart from that. Such a good look and FD. Epic bitchface is back! You gotta love her! :glamor:

Do Hard - Bazin, all over again! He is so damn good looking.

There you go!!! With my friends having a glass of wine in Amsterdam where it is unusually warm. Now it's raining and I noticed dance just ended and I said let me go see the recaps. Can't wait to read

Fiero425

Kerry challenging Yagudin’s circus moves and outfits yesterday (or in the middle of the night, or something) was all kinds of trainwrecky and awsome and totally wrong at the same time. What’s his FS?

I wasn't a fan of Yagudin's, but he was the most powerful skater at the time! If not for Plushenko, he probably would have outdone what Hanyu's doing now! His programs choreographed by Tatiana Tarasova were physically demanding and very artistic! I remember that "circus performance;" probably a SP for comp., but for a team event extended for a LP! I loved what Tarasova tried to do for Sasha Cohen! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

I wasn't a fan of Yagudin's, but he was the most powerful skater at the time! If not for Plushenko, he probably would have outdone what Hanyu's doing now! His programs choreographed by Tatiana Tarasova were physically demanding and very artistic! I remember that "circus performance;" probably a LP for comp., but for a team event scaled down for a SP! I loved what Tarasova tried to do for Sasha Cohen! :rolleyes:
I SO loved Yagudin and his artistic power skating! He was my man!

Fiero425

I SO loved Yagudin and his artistic power skating! He was my man!

I liked him initially as the heir apparent to Alexei Urmanov, but that ugly breakup with Mishin over training Plushenko bothered me! I think it did him a world of good to make the change as Tarasova really pushed his artistic side! Plushenko's jumps were more reliable and that carried the day when he skated well! Alexei was pushed too much and it finally caught up with him in 2002-03 season when he retired from the Am. ranks due to hip problem! :duh:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Totally feels like Fear & Gibson took a page out of Manta & Johnsons free skate.

You with me on this @Mad for Skating

I actually prefer F&G free program last year than this one. Also,her Extensions need to be trimmed, so distracting. Doesn't she have any gays on her team. Gibson really is a good dancer

Surprised that program got a 🥇

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Ladies FS:

Mallet - All is said and done.
Honda - Treasure. I love this FS to death :love: So charming.
Pineault - I was not convinced yesterday, but she got me with that FS. A shame it fell apart.
Paganini - Well, something is off here.
Sakhanovich - Well, this was very much medicore :shuffle:
Kim - Tough cookie. But of course I love her. Dress :love:
Daleman - Golden Bear scores came up during her skate. Sorry, I was distracted :D
Medvedeva - I love the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack. I cannot stand this program.
Tennell - Well, someone is on this season.
You - Good recovery after this crash in the boards to start. Weird music arrangement.
Trusova - Stunning look. So Daenerys. Kudos.
Kihira - I don't get the FS concept. And well, neither her skating. Somehew distracted by SP and FS going both the kinda oriental route.

Ka3sha

I guess it’s time for me to :slinkaway

• I will choose Maddie H over Maddie C every day just based on her (their) skating skills and quality of skating.
  • Loved Med’s and Kihira’s programs
  • Didn’t love Trusova’s costume. It should have been fire and blood , not just some nice blue dress :mad:

And that’s just few examples that came to my mind after looking through the thread..
:slinkaway

NAOTMAA

Very Anna Karenina. Very Tursy-POTS-worthy, but not in a Mama Tursy sort of way. :(

Anna Karenina was a FLAWLESS program! Along with her SP that season they were easily the best two programs of her career. Such a smooth and wonderful transition from her little girl look to mature woman.
I haven't been much of a fan of any of the programs Orser has given her. They just feel pretty meh :shuffle:

Vagabond

Anna Karenina was a FLAWLESS program! Along with her SP that season they were easily the best two programs of her career. Such a smooth and wonderful transition from her little girl look to mature woman.
I haven't been much of a fan of any of the programs Orser has given her. They just feel pretty meh :shuffle:
I don't think you understood at all what I wrote. 😞

Dobre

Our Camden did quite well for his first GP. :cheer2:

Our Popova & Mozgov managed to lose to all kinds of people despite earning only the 4th level 4 on a Finnstep all season. (Just, you know, tallying all the reasons they should be on Team Trainwreck for when cough someone might need those reasons).

I am royally put out about Fear & Gibson getting marks like this without quality ice coverage as well. And also the very idea of Lajoie & Lagha being anywhere close to Hurtado & Khaliavin in that FD. Even if Lajoie had not mucked up the double twizzle in the footwork. (L&L have nowhere near the ice coverage of not only H&K, but P&M or G&P as well. The latter two still need time to hone their look as a team, but H&K . . . nowhere close, IMO).

Colonel Green

And also the very idea of Lajoie & Lagha being anywhere close to Hurtado & Khaliavin in that FD. Even if Lajoie had not mucked up the double twizzle in the footwork. (L&L have nowhere near the ice coverage of not only H&K, but P&M or G&P as well. The latter two still need time to hone their look as a team, but H&K . . . nowhere close, IMO).
I mean, Hurtado/Khaliavin won the PCS. It was close overall because they lost so many levels.

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Pairs FS:

T/Y - I somehow like their small difference in height. Boy was not willing to give up on that 1st lift until the bitter end :respec: They still need to find their own style but I am on this route with them. They are one of my big surprises of the season so far.
W/M - If he wouldn't look that truck driver way of hot I would not have any interest at all. Good for you Osmond.
I/B - I like how this program builds. Lubov is out there doing what she loves. So everything is fine.
C/J - Well that was a quick losing interest in those 2.
SK/K - This is such a good vehicle for them. Great flow of the skirt.
T/M - This program demands different hair for her and nipple for him. Vlad and his lifts :gallopin1 Skated clean this will be a killer.
B/K - I very much dislike the program. I very much like them. Moskvina with best knc look! :glamor:
MT/M - I think I could like if he'd have any decent posture at all. Not only the lifts. All is so butcher style. #lightnessofbeing

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇦 Men FS:

Kerry - He seems like he could not care less. But I approve the looks.
Fentz - Costume. Such a disappointment. Well, Zwinger did wake him up obviously. The program is a letdown though. Music could work great for him, but well :shuffle: Fentz hip swings early in the morning are a bit too much 🆘
Sadovsky - This FS is so so so good :swoon:
Rizzo - 4lo disappeared as mystic as it appeared. Too boy-ish for this music. Not impressed.
Nadeau - Well, this program lost its momentum 🤷‍♂️ His charme did not.
Yee - Sorry, just not my cup of tea.
Vasiljevs - I am still in mourn mode, that we haven't seen the 'The Last Samurai' program skated to its full potential last season :drama:
Lazukin - So off this season and the program does nothing for him! Back to Rachmaninov!
Tanaka - What happened to the size of his vest?
Pulkinen - I am such a sucker for 'Merry Chistmas Mr Lawrence' (Miki4ever), but somehow this FS does not get to me 🤷‍♂️ Love the footwork to the slow, silent part. Still waving from the station as we pass by.
Hanyu - The real king slayed Daenerys.
Nguyen - Not sure I am ready for sexy pose Nam 🆘 But hell did I love it! :love:

S

SmallFairy

Had to catch up on pairs and men this morning, I feel asleep after ladies😅

Two words: Queen Moskvina😍 What a lady, what a coach, dressed in pink. B/K are the cutest and I’m over the top happy for them. Love their freshness and that both have lots of charisma.

T/M it’s not happening. They have no joy in it. Her glitter bathing suit was awesome, why wear the nightgown over? He was wearing some random fabrics.

So much snooze in pairs. The married couple coached by the married couple, skating to married music. MTM snooze. I want some edge.

Men:
OMG Keiji on the podium!!!!!😍Not that I don’t miss Wilhelm Tell...
He looked damn good though.

Sooo happy for Nam! I’ve had a soft spot for him since he was a braced up kid, flirting with Misha Ge and everyone else from the sofa at worlds 2015. Finally he got his mojo back. I live for charm like that. We need this joy and energy in skating, there’s so much lyrical men I don’t know there to turn :lol: (of course I love the lyrical men when they go for broke in emoting) (too few do)

Fentz- See and learn from Nam! If you can’t jump, at least sell it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad for Skating

At least Chock has an interesting snake dress. And she slithers a lot.

#ChockBatesforNationalChamps2k20

Before this goes on:
No Yags vs Plush in here 🆘 !!!
#bosshasspoken

If only we could say that in the From Russia with Love thread!

Totally feels like Fear & Gibson took a page out of Manta & Johnsons free skate.

You with me on this @Mad for Skating

I actually prefer F&G free program last year than this one. Also,her Extensions need to be trimmed, so distracting. Doesn't she have any gays on her team. Gibson really is a good dancer

Surprised that program got a 🥇

I like the Vogue program, but I totally get Manta/Johnson vibes. They’re like a straight Manta/Johnson.

J

Jeschke

I guess it’s time for me to :slinkaway
  • I will choose Maddie H over Maddie C every day just based on her (their) skating skills and quality of skating.
  • Loved Med’s and Kihira’s programs
  • Didn’t love Trusova’s costume. It should have been fire and blood , not just some nice blue dress :mad:
And that’s just few examples that came to my mind after looking through the thread..
:slinkaway
Must have been the biggest rant you ever put out in here :eek:
#winteriscoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information