#TeamTrainwreck 15: His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

Hey guys, after Euros I’m realizing that France could really contend for a team medal at the next Olympics if they keep on this trajectory.

If it happens it would be such a TTW victory, because ya know, France generally means :gallopin1 :glamor: :drama:
I have a feeling @levineismine has something against that :p

Apart from that, J/C already said they won't go a full circle, or? But I wouldn't be surprised of them thinking they could actually be OGM now, staying, only to come in 6th or so in Beijing then :gallopin1

SamuraiK

Thanks to Braulio I did catch some US nationals videos. Here's general impresions.

Pairs LP
Knierims: I'm not believing fully the injury excuse but it did look like they were prepared for such a craptastic showing . Their K&C reactions were like "yeah that's how our practices have been". What a mess of a season for them.
Lu & Mitofanov: Is Tango de Roxanne already on the warhorse list? If so iit should be
Calalang & Johnson: I see potential but I miss hottie Sidhu.
Stellato & Bartholomay: Fantastic dress on her. She was way overexcited during those lifts. I didn't know someone could have an orgasm whiile listening to Whitney Houston.
Denney & Frazier: Well, they at least got 4CC which is good considering they were treated like a has been team already.
Kayne & O'Shea: :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed Don't Cry Tara!!! Tomorrow is another day!!
Cain & Le Duc: Like in every sport, one's misfortune is another's blessing. Very happy for them.

Best Dressed: Stellato by faaar
Do Hard: Bartholomay

S

SmallFairy

I am fine with opening a new thread mid next week; this one was filled with drama enough.

Sorry pressman, next in line was actually this one: :shuffle:
'We do hard, not crazy'

Other options were:

'Der Hölle Rache' Vagabond
'We are alwyays together with you' alchemy_void
'Forgotten by bossman' RoseRed
'The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single splat.' Vagabond
'HELL YEAH AND I TOLD YOU SO AND HE'S DAMN HOT AND SHE'S A STAR AND I'LL BE OVER THE MOON AND THEY'RE THE NEXT BIG THING' Smallfairy
'The old lady has dropped the heart of the ocean' SamuraiK
'The tale of Stanislava and the flip' Ka3sha
'He needs to go classy and stop consuming bullshit!' alchemy_void
'Cute guys can't jump' Umronnie
'We'll never let go' Jeschke
'Until the ship sinks' SamuraiK
'Just a figure skater in underwear' Jeschke
'Eternally Yours, Perkova' Vagabond

Time to campaign.
All of these are SO good! Especially those with Titanic-references. 😍

SamuraiK

Us Men SP

J Balvin: If you are not going to increase the WTF fun factor of Turned Down for what don't even bother.
Poor Man's Brown: What a strange Rihanna cover. NBC said is his last season. I like him but what a lackluster career.
Grease Boy: Shae Lynn should be the top coreographer in the world and not that Lori "I only give one real great program 1 out of 4 times" Nichol. Excellent job Nathan.
Gaydar Malfunction: Finally something I agree with Johnny Weir!! :eek:It was really silly to add that 2-Toe in your first jump. Just wait for the next. You are not that much of a newbie Camden.
Russian Import: The goofy choreo does not go along with the melancholy music. Sadly I don't see much improvement here.
Dolensky: Love the too hipster for a real costume attitude. Solid but this made the final flight??? US depth is going down indeed.
Velvet Boy: I do love the fact that a non quad skater can still be a challenger thanks to his amazing skills, spins, artistry etc. I just with it would be other than annoying Jason.
UR King: I'm so bored of Muse Exogenesis already. They have other songs you know that could work better like Butterflies & Hurricanes .
Hiwatashi: After so many seasons of struggle Im glad he's finally getting it together. Kinda
Torgashev: Not even worthy of watchlist anymore.

Best Dressed: Chen
Do Hard: Dolensky

SamuraiK

US Dance FD

Overall , can we start a fund for getting Tanith Belbin a seminar on singles/pairs judging so she coul take over that babbling nonsense of Tara, Johnny & the other Guy and that way the world would be a better place.?

Manta & Jonson: If you are low level and don't hold a candle agaisnt the top teams go for pure fun and enjoy the standing ovations. Well done.
Carreira & Ponomarenko: Won't deny he is talented but not my cup of tea at all.
McNamara & Carpenter: This was one of the best FDs all season long. Dance is US only discipline that deserves a spread the wealth strategy with 4CCs.
Hubbell & Donohue: I realised that the program itself is not that bad. The proble is it just not fitting for them. They are not a team that screams "young virginal love" , they more like a "what new pose shoul we try tonight for fun" kind of couple.
Chock & Bates: apparently I missed they are also in Montreal now. Maybe cause I havent missed them at all and I find the younger teams much more interesting. HOwever who coul say no to diva Chock when she's at her divaest and she seem to acknowledge there was a guy skating next to her this time.
Hawayek Baker: I love how out of nothing the Irreplaceables became the go to music of the season. I melt with the abandonment . They deserve much better scores. It was lovely from beginning to end.

Best Dressed: Chock & Hawayek
Do Hard: Baker

Mad for Skating

They are handsier than they were last year, but they don't look generally cuddly like they used to (though that could be stress related) Neither of them took down their coupley pictures from Instagram so no matter what they look like they're on pretty good terms. This interview was done the day they were leaving for Europeans, I only understand like 20% of Russian on a good day, but the interviewer asked if they were friends off the ice. They didn't correct her about their situation one way or the other, I think they just said they could call and talk to each other at any time. There was other stuff in there too but it was way too advanced for me (I haven't taken a Russian class since 2002 so to say I'm rusty is an understatement) It was a completely inane morning talk show with questions like "Were the Russian Nationals difficult?" and "What will the color of your costumes be at Europeans?" so no one was gonna get in depth anyway. (BTW, if you ff the video all the way to the last half you can watch Natalia Bestemianova cook what looks to be a completely horrifyingly disgusting looking 'breakfast')

I've been a big fan since they started skating senior. I knew they had great potential even though most of their long programs have been total dreck. They are finally going in a good direction and I just really really really hope that the stress and nerves don't derail them. They, especially Vladimir, seem like shy nerds so of course I'm going to root for my people.

I really like them! They seem super sweet and whether they’re friends or dating, they seem nice to each other. Hopefully they can turn this in the right direction!

J

Jeschke

Speaking of Pulkinen, major FS meltdown, POTS at its best 🆘
3jumping elements, 5points :gallopin1

Did he seriously just bombed himself outta junior worlds? :eek:
2nd FS meltdown after jgpf :(

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Speaking of Pulkinen, major FS meltdown, POTS at its best 🆘
3jumping elemnts, 5points :gallopin1
The US is using this JW champ camp thing to decide. They'll send him for sure because he's still better than all the juniors. So is Torgashev. Sad.

SamuraiK

Do Hard: Baker????? I have lost all respect for you @SamuraiK . Diminutive lounge lizard. Or serial killer. I'm not sure which.

He's small just how I like them and don't get the serial vibe at all. Plus look at the other options: A boy who calls himself Pom Pom is no bed material, Carpenter the virgin nerd, ungainly zero sex appeal Bates, redhead mess Jonhson. Only Donohue was left but I've done him hard to death in my dreams so I needed a change.

muffinplus

He's small just how I like them and don't get the serial vibe at all. Plus look at the other options: A boy who calls himself Pom Pom is no bed material, Carpenter the virgin nerd, ungainly zero sex appeal Bates, redhead mess Jonhson. Only Donohue was left but I've done him hard to death in my dreams so I needed a change.

I am with you... I also find Baker attractive for some reason ( :p ), especially here with the old RD costume: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEikEgivvo. New RD costume - dislike.

Short guys are cute, plus his choreo slide in their free dance makes me melt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information