#TeamTrainwreck 15: His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

How many capable coaches are there in Russia :confused:

I always hear the same 3/4 names mentioned over and over and over :lol: Surely there are some who, while not that well known or have the most successful students, are more the capable enough of taking on some name skaters in need of a new coach like Maxim, aren't there?

Yep, I wonder about that too. The coach of Baba Yaga and the Stasia Girl (Chebotareva??? spelling) is relatively a new comer on the top tier and she may not be a great one (lord knows she's clueless how to solve her pupils tendencies to self destroy) but im sure there must be some others waiting for the chance. Or is it again all about politiks and being sponsored by the right club????

Ka3sha

Yep, I wonder about that too. The coach of Baba Yaga and the Stasia Girl (Chebotareva??? spelling) is relatively a new comer on the top tier and she may not be a great one (lord knows she's clueless how to solve her pupils tendencies to self destroy) but im sure there must be some others waiting for the chance. Or is it again all about politiks and being sponsored by the right club????
It is :(
Why do you think Gubanova decided to leave Angelina Turenko and switched to Buyanova last off-season?
Svetlana Panova is also a good junior coach (Sotskova, Tarakanova, Kanysheva and others), but she doesn’t have any influence.

Last edited:

SamuraiK

I don't care about Gubanova so I didn't know that . I guess the Chebotareva rising was easier to understand since men's field is their weakest and Kolyada back when he didn't have all the pressure monsters in his head was undoubtedly outskating everyone no matter who he was coached by. With ladies where there are literally dozens for the fed to cherry pick I can see why having the right coach is key.

DobrinFan

I don't care about Gubanova so I didn't know that . I guess the Chebotareva rising was easier to understand since men's field is their weakest and Kolyada back when he didn't have all the pressure monsters in his head was undoubtedly outskating everyone no matter who he was coached by. With ladies where there are literally dozens for the fed to cherry pick I can see why having the right coach is key.

Yes this is pretty much it. Unless the young coaches are bringing up the second coming of Plushy, Yags with the ability to achieve Kolyada's PCS, it isn't happening. The girls they can cherry pick and most likely they will just go with Eteri's the other coaches may be so out of luck.

DobrinFan

Re Russian Men: @Jeschke , Erokhov is expected to compete at Junior Nationals

Yeah probably pushing out the one guy not from Moscow/St. Petersburg :cautious: They didn't push out Kutovoi who qualified last because he posted on Instagram in so many words that he is going.

J

Jeschke

Thank you 🇺🇸 fed giving Kayne/O'Shea 4CC's.

But big shame on you for having Knierims as 2nd alternate for worlds while totally ignoring the silver medalist here! :drama:

Vagabond

Tursy-POTS-question.
We take happy, scary, drama scenes into consideration.
What about the really tragic sad ones which are hard to watch?
If they are hard to watch, then they should be treated like splats that are hard to watch -- excluded from consideration. Let other threads dwell on guilt and misery, as Jane Austen would write if she were posting here.

The fighting isn't sad. I miss Cipres stomping out of the KnC
:huh: I think you have Morgan Ciprès confused with Vanessa James. But if not, link(s), please?

:watch:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Yes this is pretty much it. Unless the young coaches are bringing up the second coming of Plushy, Yags with the ability to achieve Kolyada's PCS, it isn't happening. The girls they can cherry pick and most likely they will just go with Eteri's the other coaches may be so out of luck.
And, Eteri cherrypicks who she takes. You have to have the skills or they aren't interested. But, it's not much different in the US in regard to successful coaches. There are only a hand full of successful single skater coaches and even less in pairs or dance. The difference here, is in order to pay the bills, the coaches have to take lower level skaters as well.

happycamper2554

Thank you 🇺🇸 fed giving Kayne/O'Shea 4CC's.

But big shame on you for having Knierims as 2nd alternate for worlds while totally ignoring the silver medalist here! :drama:

I'm so excited. Interesting to see they are Also first world alternates. I also saw that chris will need wrist surgery so I dont know why they are the alternates to anything.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If they are hard to watch, then they should be treated like splats that are hard to watch -- excluded from consideration. Let other threads dwell on guilt and misery, as Jane Austen would write if she were posting here.

:huh: I think you have Morgan Ciprès confused with Vanessa James. But if not, link(s), please?

:watch:
They've both had their moments. They shared the drama.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
@Jeschke Is da bossman still watching Dancing on Ice? I missed your detailed summary as I already got bored with the show. :shuffle:

Tbh I watched the dance events in Europe and USA and didn’t bother to comment since the results were pretty much boring and expected.

The only exception was NikiViki but i smelled a meltdown coming a mile away so I call that karma :gallopin1 :drama:

J

Jeschke

@Jeschke Is da bossman still watching Dancing on Ice? I missed your detailed summary as I already got bored with the show. :shuffle:
I watched last week (delayed) as it was my nephews birthday.
Today, 🇺🇸 FS seems more important to me :p

If you want, I can provide summary tomorrow after rewatching!

mjb52

Stepanova in the bottom one of this series omg legend. I don't see why I can't have what I want at worlds which is BOTH Russian teams on the podium. That's right. I said it. I've been very patient all year and now I want it and I want it NOW (I watched Willy Wonka last night and Veruca Salt has really inspired me to go after what I want more aggressively). Well I know it will be tough this year but that's what I'm hoping to build to in the quad to come (that's my fear of jinxing kicking in). :)

Enchanted

I watched last week (delayed) as it was my nephews birthday.
Today, 🇺🇸 FS seems more important to me :p

If you want, I can provide summary tomorrow after rewatching!

:D

I’d like to know if something interesting happened. I just don’t have it in me to stay awake so late for this show. :saint: :p

Hanna

Skating junkie
- The Brits are very engaging and fun to watch, I actually preferred RD to their FD here
Me too! The RD is fabulous, my fave this year! Although I liked it better before they switched the choreo around.

LesGacs - That 'Talking to the moon' part is everything 😍 The rest, I could not care less 🤷🏼‍♂️ Why do I have a feeling @Hanna might be totally into it 😅
Yes I admit to liking the program :p although my fave part is also actually the slower middle part. So I share your sentiments there! But speaking of French teams, I found a new favorite in Galyavieva/Thauron! Wheeeee, I really liked both of their dances (especially the free). And also she's like a new Popova personality, which obviously makes me an immediate fan. :p

Oh and speaking of US Nationals, I'm ridiculously excited for Cain/LeDuc :cheer: but at the same time also :( for Kayne/O'Shea. Those two teams are by far my favorites out of the US pairs. Glad to hear KO'S at least got 4CCs! I still think ending up with the PEWTER was bad karma for getting rid of the early season SP. :p

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Now that Euros is over (since the title was a nod to our favorite coach), are we getting a new title or waiting until before Worlds? There's a lot of skating between now and then and the Russian Cup Final has got a lot more interesting.

J

Jeschke

Now that Euros is over (since the title was a nod to our favorite coach), are we getting a new title or waiting until before Worlds? There's a lot of skating between now and then and the Russian Cup Final has got a lot more interesting.

The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat. :soapbox: :saint:

I am fine with opening a new thread mid next week; this one was filled with drama enough.

Sorry pressman, next in line was actually this one: :shuffle:
'We do hard, not crazy'

Other options were:

'Der Hölle Rache' Vagabond
'We are alwyays together with you' alchemy_void
'Forgotten by bossman' RoseRed
'The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single splat.' Vagabond
'HELL YEAH AND I TOLD YOU SO AND HE'S DAMN HOT AND SHE'S A STAR AND I'LL BE OVER THE MOON AND THEY'RE THE NEXT BIG THING' Smallfairy
'The old lady has dropped the heart of the ocean' SamuraiK
'The tale of Stanislava and the flip' Ka3sha
'He needs to go classy and stop consuming bullshit!' alchemy_void
'Cute guys can't jump' Umronnie
'We'll never let go' Jeschke
'Until the ship sinks' SamuraiK
'Just a figure skater in underwear' Jeschke
'Eternally Yours, Perkova' Vagabond

Time to campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread