U.S. Ladies [#27]: A Time to Reboot

Vagabond

I feel fairly confident that Gold can do all of her jumps through the triple lutz in practice. I wish I had the same confidence in her ability to skate two clean programs in the same competition, but we shall see.

Carolla5501

Honestly I’m not sure these videos are helping Gracie’s cause. I am not sure what she and her coach are hoping to accomplish but I don’t think that showing anyone she can do it in practice is going to get her a spot on the World Team.

mpal2

I would assume she's just proud of the progress she's made. Considering what it took to get there I believe she deserves some bragging rights.

Ena Grins

Honestly I’m not sure these videos are helping Gracie’s cause. I am not sure what she and her coach are hoping to accomplish but I don’t think that showing anyone she can do it in practice is going to get her a spot on the World Team.
I'm also not sure this year's goal is a spot on the Worlds team. I think making Nationals, and skating relatively well there, would be an enormous accomplishment. Sometimes it's not about the biggest, flashiest outcome, it's about feeling like you're making progress.

Tinami Amori

Isabeau Levito’s Free at Middle Atlantic’s posted by Sylvia:

https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/sta...057195008?s=20

Stunning 3Lz with good height and distance. Spins are a little slow, but I’m sure they’ll work on it. She learned the 3Lz THIS YEAR and I’m sure they’re already working on the harder elements as they prepare for her international debut next year. Also, her knee bend is so satisfying.
That girl is my favorite US novice. Love her skating.

Tinami Amori

Wish Karen just prerotate her jumps like all the Russians so she don’t get these under rotation calls.
That's a myth that is convenient to spread when "your skater" is not doing well. Dozens of international judges, who score Russians for the last years are not all blind.. ;) There used to be a saying "when you can't beat them, join them", but the new western thing now is "when you can't beat them, lie about them".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 12)