Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Bradie placed 7th in Juvenile Pairs with Brandon Kozlowski in December 2010: https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2011/68093/results.html

And she placed 15th in Intermediate Ladies at the same national comp.: https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2011/68093/results.html
Karen Chen won the gold ad Amber Glenn finished 10th.

Speaking of Amber... she was 3rd in the SP in Chongqing!! ETA:
"I felt I had a pretty good skate considering I found out five days before I was leaving I was coming here. I had a great time, I felt really good out there. It’s a great opportunity!" SP 67.69 [ISU SB]

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

Tennel may still have a chance. Placed ahead of Tuk in tie break. You is out. Assuming Khira and Zag are in. Med needs a 1st and 220 - not likely. Mariah - with a 3rd she's in the tie break. I don't think Mariah has ever gotten Bradie kind of scores. That leaves Tennel and Satoko. Happy either way.

feraina

Tennel may still have a chance. Placed ahead of Tuk in tie break. You is out. Assuming Khira and Zag are in. Med needs a 1st and 220 - not likely. Mariah - with a 3rd she's in the tie break. I don't think Mariah has ever gotten Bradie kind of scores. That leaves Tennel and Satoko. Happy either way.
With a 1st, Med is in by winning the placement tiebreaker. Likewise, if Med doesn’t get first and Mariah gets anything less than 2nd then Tennel wins the placement tiebreaker and is in.

Last edited:

olympic

^Thanks. I was just thinking about Tennell's position after seeing Tuk and You's standings after CoC: Where does she stand w/ regard to the final.

Sylvia

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

With a 1st, Med is in by winning the placement tiebreaker. Likewise, if Med doesn’t get first and Mariah gets anything less than 2nd then Bell wins the placement tiebreaker and is in.
Yeah, but Med, as much as some wish, has no chance of winning NHK.

feraina

Yeah, but Med, as much as some wish, has no chance of winning NHK.
I was responding to who wins the tiebreaker if Med places first. Not how likely she will place first.

Plus I wouldn’t say she has no chance. Ice is slippery. But I’d agree most likely Teusova will win and win by a large margin.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Tennel may still have a chance. Placed ahead of Tuk in tie break. You is out.

So far IdF and CoC have gone exactly how it needed for Tennell to have a chance. The nail biter is next week......

Having said this, Good Luck to All.

And, Go Bradie!

Sylvia

Gracie Gold competes at Eastern Sectionals later this week. Apparently her coach has indicated on social media that Gracie is starting to do clean run-throughs as well.
Restencourt's reply to a question in the comments of this post one week ago was "Yes we are starting to have clean programs": https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VDSPyHX5d/

FWIW, Easterns looks to have the deepest field of Senior ladies (total scores of 130+ so far this season):

Audrey Shin 180.22 [NQS & JGP bye through NA; 143.29 at JGP RUS]
Emily Zhang 178.29 SA1
Rena Ikenishi 164.72 [NQS bye through NA]
Sarah Jung 162.88 [NQS & JGP bye through SA; 148.81 at JGP CRO]
Jill Heiner [152.76 NQS] 158.38 SA2
Heidi Munger 149.84 U.S. Collegiate Champs / 147.91 NQS [129.04 NE1]
Julia Biechler 146.61 NQS [130.17 SA5]
Violeta Ushakova 141.14 NQS [135.23 NA2]
Kristine Levitina 139.16 [NQS bye through SA?]
Haley Beavers 135.46 NA1
Gracie Gold 135.39 SA3
Cailey Weaver 131.96 SA4

ETA:

Midwestern Senior:
Paige Rydberg 172.38 SW1
Maxine Marie Bautista 165.41 UGL1
Pooja Kalyan 164.34 NQS bye through SW
Stephanie Ciarochi 146.29 NQS bye through SW
Alyssa Rich 145.09 NQS bye through SW
Courtney Hicks 144.24 SW2
Akane Eguchi 142.04 NQS bye through SW

Pacific Coast Senior:
Alex Evans 156.05 NQS [154.10 SWP1]
Sierra Venetta 153.23 CP1
Caitlin Ha 152.21 SWP2
Emilia Murdock 148.95 JGP USA [146.87 NQS; 140.07 CP2]
Lily Sun 144.35 NQS [127.58 CP3]
Akari Nakahara 140.57 NQS bye through SWP
Chelsea Mischuk 134.50 SWP3
Caroline Harris 131.65 SWP4
Sonja Hilmer 130.72 NQS

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Restencourt's reply to a question in the comments of this post one week ago was "Yes we are starting to have clean programs": https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VDSPyHX5d/

FWIW, Easterns looks to have the deepest field of Senior ladies (total scores of 130+ so far this season):

Audrey Shin 180.22 [NQS & JGP bye through NA; 143.29 at JGP RUS]
Emily Zhang, 178.29 SA1
Sarah Jung 162.88 [NQS & JGP bye through SA; 148.81 at JGP CRO]
Rena Ikenishi 164.72 [NQS bye through NA]
Jill Heiner [152.76 NQS] 158.38 SA2
Heidi Munger 149.84 U.S. Collegiate Champs / 147.91 NQS [129.04 NE1]
Julia Biechler 146.61 NQS [130.17 SA5]
Violeta Ushakova 141.14 NQS [135.23 NA2]
Kristine Levitina 139.16 [NQS bye through SA?]
Haley Beavers 135.46 NA1
Gracie Gold 135.39 SA3
Cailey Weaver 131.96 SA4

ETA:

Midwestern Senior:
Paige Rydberg 172.38 SW1
Maxine Marie Bautista 165.41 UGL1
Pooja Kalyan 164.34 NQS bye through SW
Stephanie Ciarochi 146.29 NQS bye through SW
Alyssa Rich 145.09 NQS bye through SW
Courtney Hicks 144.24 SW2
Akane Eguchi 142.04 NQS bye through SW

Pacific Coast Senior:
Alex Evans 156.05 NQS [154.10 SWP1]
Sierra Venetta 153.23 CP1
Caitlin Ha 152.21 SWP2
Emilia Murdock 148.95 JGP USA [146.87 NQS; 140.07 CP2]
Lily Sun 144.35 NQS [127.58 CP3]
Akari Nakahara 140.57 NQS bye through SWP
Chelsea Mischuk 134.50 SWP3
Caroline Harris 131.65 SWP4
Sonja Hilmer 130.72 NQS

Wow. Tough competition for Gold.

Hicks has a challenge ahead of her at Midwesterns, too.

Top four from each sectional advance to Nationals. Correct?

kalle

How much improvement can you be expected from Gracie in the last few weeks?Although I think there were a lot of nerves involved at her first competition I do not think she is that ready..yet. I hope I am completely wrong and that her coach is right about the clean run-throughs. If she were to land 3-4 cleanish triples and a 2A or two, I would be quite impressed knowing what she did at her first competition. Go Gracie!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I think continuous Improvement and progress are the best goals for her right now. Given the amount of attention she'll receive if she qualifies for Nationals, I think it would be best if she qualified in a year where she was contending for the final group. I don't think it'll be a bad thing if she doesn't make it this year. It's a very long road back, and like I said, progress is a victory.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
How much improvement can you be expected from Gracie in the last few weeks?Although I think there were a lot of nerves involved at her first competition I do not think she is that ready..yet. I hope I am completely wrong and that her coach is right about the clean run-throughs. If she were to land 3-4 cleanish triples and a 2A or two, I would be quite impressed knowing what she did at her first competition. Go Gracie!

IMO - there may have been a lot of nerves, but she was out of shape and not competition ready.

Michelle always said that her coach (Carroll) would not let her put in an element until it was 90%.
I think the same (or better) should apply to Gracie. I would think she needs that kind of consistency for her nerves, but mostly for her mind.

This is a really good article. Gracie needs to be protected much more than she needs to be pushed.

USC Annenberg Media

If the music choice wasn’t enough to signal a skater in distress, her performance provided the ultimate red flag. While a typical senior ladies competitor includes seven to eight triple jumps in her program, Gold only produced three, none of which received a positive grade of execution (GOE). She scored 84.18 points, good for fourth in the freeskate and third overall, as well as a berth to the Eastern Sectional Championships next month.

She was visibly winded halfway through the four-minute program, making it hard to believe she’d ever done an entire run-through during practice. The judges weren’t feeling her performance either, giving a presentation score of 47.18, her lowest ever at the senior level. It was all she could do to reach the conclusion of this depressing song, to arrive at her ending pose without collapsing.

Tavi

I actually dislike that article a lot. The woman who wrote it - someone who apparently skates herself, but not at an elite level - may once have “idolized” Gracie, but the “concern” she expresses seems pretty shallow. Frankly, the article reads like nothing so much as a trashy “ooh, look, how the mighty have fallen” expose.

aftershocks

Banned Member

With a 1st, Med is in by winning the placement tiebreaker. Likewise, if Med doesn’t get first and Mariah gets anything less than 2nd then Tennel wins the placement tiebreaker and is in.

All you math geniuses. :COP: ;)

euterpe

How likely is it Medvedeva will beat Trusova? Trusova beat her by 32 points at SC. Even if Med skated a clean SP and scored 20 points more than she did in the SP there, she'd still be beaten by more than 10 points.

Trusova does 4 quads in her FS. Even if she landed only 2, she'd still win.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
How likely is it Medvedeva will beat Trusova? Trusova beat her by 32 points at SC. Even if Med skated a clean SP and scored 20 points more than she did in the SP there, she'd still be beaten by more than 10 points.

When did they move to the US? I am so excited.

Dobre

We all know this. The odds are not at all likely considering Trusova's quality, record of consistency, and other difficulty. If we dig really far into the distant past, though, I think we might be able to find a scenario of a guy with 4 planned quads losing to one with zero. (Happened to at least two of them this weekend & at least two more with 3 planned).

aftershocks

Banned Member
Yep, this thread appears to be a sub for a general ladies thread. :drama: I think we need a general ladies' thread and a general men's thread, just as there are general ice dance and general pairs threads.

The above GS interview with Mariah posted earlier in this thread is entertaining and informative. Mariah has always been sweet, but she now seems more self-confident and purposeful about her career. A lot of that is due to maturing and learning from experiences. It's interesting finding out about how Adam is assisting her. Mariah's revelations provide further insight into what made Adam so successful later in his career. It's cool that he is giving back to Mariah, and that she previously trained with him and they were close enough that she has a rapport and trust in him. It shows how much having a support network as well as a excellent main coach is so important.

:D :rollin: over Mariah sharing that photo of her and her boyfriend, Romain Ponsart's bunny rabbit, Gizmo, who is such a feisty big boy character! :lol: Mariah and Romain seem like proud parents of Gizmo.

Mariah sharing her thoughts about the progress of her career is a reminder of how difficult it is to succeed in this sport, and that fs athletes are so young and still growing as people and in life experiences and perceptions which is a huge task to put altogether successfully. Kudos to Mariah, her family, friends, coaches, and supporters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information