Status
Not open for further replies.

UGG

Ashley wuzrobbed of her 2018 Olympic Spot. And Karen was such a dud too. She cried about her mom and her skates and the showers the whole time. As an athlete she was pretty embarrassing. She wasn’t ready for the pressure, and was a really bad choice. I truly don’t like to discredit someone who is an Olympian but she clearly was not ready for that type of stage. There have been many athletes much younger than her and I have never read about someone unfocused because their mother wasn’t there. And there isn’t anything wrong with her feelings because she was a young girl, but she did not seem ready emotionally. Ashley should have been selected. And to be clear- I’m not talking about her placement I’m referring to her attitude.

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I wonder if Ashley's public reaction impacted Karen in a negative way. Karen is one of my favorite skaters to watch and I hope she can get back to the Olympics and have the competition she wants.

aml78

Ashley received considerably lower PCS scores than she had ever received in the past for a program that was definitely not her worst. Not sure what the result should have been but the scoring was suspect.

VGThuy

Her PCS for her SP was higher than what she got at Skate America by two points despite lower TES. We have no idea what her PCS would have been for the LP since she withdrew from the LP AND every other comp that season.

I just don’t get why people are so convinced Wagner would have done so much better than the other American girls. She’s the Queen of edge calls, low GOE on spins, and UR calls. Her last Worlds long program resulted in a 10th place finish in that portion and that was from a season where she was prepared and not withdrawing.

Last edited:

Vagabond

:yawn:

We've already had "Wagner's Rink Cycle" as a thread title.

The choice for the next one comes down to these:

Cover Girls
Stockholm Syndrome

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information