#TeamTrainwreck 8: See you at Nebelhorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

BTW holiday and the sunny garden has taken it's toll and I didn't post like I said I would... I've been wrapped up in old YT during the evenings, and I realize I might be a tad biased wanting to bring all those OES-ladies from the 90ies into HOF, but seriously...they are all so special and dear to my heart. And re:Marina Kielmann. She really is worthy, but I agree maybe not totally up there as HOF caliber. But don't forget:

* Her crazy hair, in different styling and cuts, that finally calmed down in a Sophie Moniette-like do in her last season.
* She came from roller skating, but transferred so well, no Lipinski-axel
* She actually has a silver medal in pairs from German nationals 1981 (says Wiki...)
* She had all the wild outfits and :confused:music choices her era could wish for. She even kept that makes-me-wanna-die-rhumba FS for two seasons.
* She was totally unable to hold it together for a whole competition. Ups and downs and a few Euro medals.
* She had a 3t3t, not many ladies did that in the early 90ies. (No, I'm not gonna nominate Kulovana)
* And then...in her last Euros...at home ice in Dortmund....she managed to botch the sp worse than usual, ending up 13th. When she came back in the free, in quite a classy dress (again, Moniotte...), she skated to digital Bach, then slow, jazzy music composed especially for her and ending with MARINA at full speed, she landed everything, including the 3x3, holding the speed up, being totally on fire and keeping the rink on their feet, clapping with most of those 4 minutes. I watched it again just now and I have to admit I was a bit teary eyed (yup, sappy viking I am, you know) and really happy for her. To go out like that, in your last season, in front of your home audience. She deserved that, long career, oldest competitor (and the tallest, at 1,72 m).

All hail Marina Kielmann, she won't make it to HOF, but damn, do I love her:respec:

S

SmallFairy

So, HOF-nomination #1:

Vanessa Gusmeroli, France

* Former junior European water skiing champion who brought voids and originality to ladies skating in the late 90ies and forwards. The Mask, The Circus, The Burglar, St.James infirmary blues, and the epic Legends of the fall.
* Huge jumps, great spins, speed and footwork, but her career went up and down in true :gallopin1manner. She never won anything with Lotf, as she always skated crappy qualifying rounds that year:wall:
* She did win the bronze medal at her first worlds (after being robbed in the sp), but never won anything else at big champs. Stanick Jeannette told me (he did!!! Stanick<3<3) that she was always very nervous when competing.
* Being French! (It should be a criteria!!!)
* Heartbreak - oh, so indeed!!
* The burglar program alone is worth HOF! Later it was recycled by that girl from Monaco, (Merove Ephreme...?) down to the smallest details, outfit and all...
* Unfortunaely I don't have any crazy off ice incidents, but maybe someone else? To me, she's totally HOF worthy, for staying in really long, all the time pushing ladies into voidy, doing four spins in a row at the end of Lotf, being so different and creative, and wearing her heart on her sleeve, always showing her emotions.

S

SmallFairy

HOF-nomination #2:

Anna Rechnio, Poland

I tried so had politicking Anna in last year, but no luck. I wish I had my notes from a year ago...

BUT....What's with those Polish girls with such great technique, all the triples, but being unable to fulfill their potential. One program good, you could count on the other being disaster.

Why is Anna HOF-worthy?
She was just SO good! Her jumps was huuuuge and textbook, speed and power jaw dropping, and she came from a smaller country skating wise, so no way she was gonna get anything for free. Judges seemed ready to give it to her several times, but no, she couldn't hold it together. Finally, at worlds 1998, she was second after the sp, but let go just enough in the fs to loose the medal, ending up fifth.The year after, she was held back by the judges at worlds, and 2000 proved a disaster at Euros, and she was never back after that season. What could have been! Anne was just the epitome of heartbreak:gallopin1:glamor::wuzrobbed:wall: Her programs were lovely (Gone with the wind, Sleeping beauty), her styling awesome, (love the 90ies hair!), I can't wish for more really. And those falls when she fell....ouch!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
HOF-nomination #2:

Anna Rechnio, Poland

I tried so had politicking Anna in last year, but no luck. I wish I had my notes from a year ago...

BUT....What's with those Polish girls with such great technique, all the triples, but being unable to fulfill their potential. One program good, you could count on the other being disaster.

Why is Anna HOF-worthy?
She was just SO good! Her jumps was huuuuge and textbook, speed and power jaw dropping, and she came from a smaller country skating wise, so no way she was gonna get anything for free. Judges seemed ready to give it to her several times, but no, she couldn't hold it together. Finally, at worlds 1998, she was second after the sp, but let go just enough in the fs to loose the medal, ending up fifth.The year after, she was held back by the judges at worlds, and 2000 proved a disaster at Euros, and she was never back after that season. What could have been! Anne was just the epitome of heartbreak:gallopin1:glamor::wuzrobbed:wall: Her programs were lovely (Gone with the wind, Sleeping beauty), her styling awesome, (love the 90ies hair!), I can't wish for more really. And those falls when she fell....ouch!

Fantastic nominations! :cheer:

I'll do my best to get them onto the final poll!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
BTW holiday and the sunny garden has taken it's toll and I didn't post like I said I would... I've been wrapped up in old YT during the evenings, and I realize I might be a tad biased wanting to bring all those OES-ladies from the 90ies into HOF, but seriously...they are all so special and dear to my heart. And re:Marina Kielmann. She really is worthy, but I agree maybe not totally up there as HOF caliber. But don't forget:

* Her crazy hair, in different styling and cuts, that finally calmed down in a Sophie Moniette-like do in her last season.
* She came from roller skating, but transferred so well, no Lipinski-axel
* She actually has a silver medal in pairs from German nationals 1981 (says Wiki...)
* She had all the wild outfits and :confused:music choices her era could wish for. She even kept that makes-me-wanna-die-rhumba FS for two seasons.
* She was totally unable to hold it together for a whole competition. Ups and downs and a few Euro medals.
* She had a 3t3t, not many ladies did that in the early 90ies. (No, I'm not gonna nominate Kulovana)
* And then...in her last Euros...at home ice in Dortmund....she managed to botch the sp worse than usual, ending up 13th. When she came back in the free, in quite a classy dress (again, Moniotte...), she skated to digital Bach, then slow, jazzy music composed especially for her and ending with MARINA at full speed, she landed everything, including the 3x3, holding the speed up, being totally on fire and keeping the rink on their feet, clapping with most of those 4 minutes. I watched it again just now and I have to admit I was a bit teary eyed (yup, sappy viking I am, you know) and really happy for her. To go out like that, in your last season, in front of your home audience. She deserved that, long career, oldest competitor (and the tallest, at 1,72 m).

All hail Marina Kielmann, she won't make it to HOF, but damn, do I love her:respec:

Marina is HOF worthy! :cheer: I feel like she has some support here! :kickass: Amazing analysis.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
FINAL NOMINATIONS LIST

I know everyone is gagging for it :p, so @Jeschke and I will be narrowing down this remarkable list down to 10 over the next few days and then voting will commence!

Thanks for all the nominations! :encore:

DANCE
Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gazsi (@Yehudi)
Maurizo Margaglio (@Karpenko)
Anna Semonovich (@Yehudi)

MEN
Christopher Bowman (@bladesofgorey)
Stanick Jeannette (@SmallFairy)
Takahiko Kozuka (@pinky166)
Jeremy Abbott (@pinky166)
Alexandr Abt (@SmallFairy)
Laurent Tobel (@Karpenko)
Adrian Schultheiss (@morqet)

PAIRS
Sabrina Lefrancois (@SmallFairy)
Anastasia Martiusheva (@Jeschke)

LADIES
Tatiana Malinina (@Vagabond)
Tanja Szewczenko (@Laney)
Anna Rechnio (@SmallFairy)
Sabina Wojtala (@SmallFairy)
Mikelline Kierkgaard (@SmallFairy)
Annette Dytrt (@Jeschke)
Sofia Biryukova (@Jeschke)
Sasha Cohen (@Jeschke)
Anastasia Gimazetdinova (@Vagabond )
Olga Markova (@alchemy void)
Marina Kiellmann (@alchemy void)
Elene Gedevanishvili (@Karpenko)
Vanessa Gusmeroli (@SmallFairy)

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9viWhCmHR4&feature=youtu.be

I already have my favourite trainwreck program of the season. Starr Andrews with a ballsy 3A splat, cheesy 1980s Whitney Houston and over the top, dramatic, divaish emoting. :glamor:

Oh hell yes! She is fabulous! Loved the attack into the 3axel attempt + the 3sal3toe really late in the program.

And has improved quite a bit from last season. Finally a good American junior!

Vagabond

I really think hair needs to be added to the official criteria, @Vagabond?
Qualities, not Criteria. But please see Rule #3.

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo

I'm all for adding Hair as Quality #12, but let's give it a week and see if we have a consensus. :watch:

Sorry, @alchemy void, but there's no consensus on this one, just a collective :yawn:

Next time, try electioneering. :p

Vagabond

WTF? Of course hair is a quality! how could i have missed that post?!

I knew that would get your attention. :sneaky:

As @Aerobicidal would say: Mishin Accomplished! :summer:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo
12) Hair - NEW

#sneakypressman
#obliviousbossman
#hair

:gallopin1

J

Jeschke

So, does hair also include those who have none? Such as Mari's ex? :saint:
What an amateurish question! :huh:

Of course not!
Having a bald head and looking fine is no :gallopin1-material!
Having Boyadi-hair is tragic (I am allowed to say :drama: ) but no :gallopin1-material!

Having Gazsi-hair and styling it like a freakin' zombie is :gallopin1-material!
Having Jason Brown hair and going for Mari's ex (one of those :drama: ) not-existing hair is :gallopin1-material! (c'mon Jason, now you have a chance to surprise me, go for it!)
Having nice Dytrt / TM1 hair and going for freaky short ugly haircuts is :gallopin1-material!
Colouring your hair in a freakin' way à la Leonova / Ge / Gizmo is :gallopin1-material!
Destroying a nice look with slimy long hair or man buns à la Yan / Hendrickx / Smirnov is :gallopin1-material!
Having Streubel / Reynolds hair is :gallopin1-material!
Females showing chest / facial hair is :gallopin1-material!

Everyone got quality no°12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information