#TeamTrainwreck 8: See you at Nebelhorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Oh I believe you, and I'm sure you'll tell us all about it. :violin:When the time comes. :summer:

I don't care if bossman likes my nominations, I'm sure he'll ignore all of the bad ones because that's what any good boss does. So I could be writing all of these nominations just to pass the time, and he could hate all of them so it's basically just all piss in the wind, but at least I tried and made a half-assed effort because that's what a real mess does. :gallopin1 :violin: Ok I'll stop, usually at this point they yank you off stage with a giant cane or something

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

And if you don't believe me, wait till da bossman has to make cuts to the roster after the Nebelhorn entries (and results) are posted. :barrel
Oh the day comes closer and closer.
Lucky me, TM1 is just in a hard practice camp in Cuba and will be in best shape to fight for the azerbaijan olympic spot :shuffle::wuzrobbed:violin:

Fooled me. So hard!
Dytrt
Miki
Monko
Biryukova
Dornbush
Artemieva

Mari
Miner

More to say? :drama:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

Adoniev's summer, as per his instagram stories:

--riding in the Benz
--lip syncing for his life
--plaid shirt unbuttoned to his navel
--leather jacket
--sexy necklace

:TnD1:

When are you back? Another week? I'm in no rush! :summer:

Another week would be perfect, I'm back late Friday. Thanks! :summer: I so promise to be back at full pace (who can doubt it?)

Yehudi

AITA
On his Instagram, Bellymurad keeps saying "Trust the Process". I finally looked up what that meant and it's apparently about how the Philadelphia 76ers basketball team were really bad and on purpose so that they could get enough high draft picks to eventually become a good team.

If that isn't a #Teamtrainwreck sentiment, I don't know what is :rofl:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
BREAKING NEWS!*
(*1997 edition)

Galustyan was not the first skater to discover legendary COLOR OF THE NIGHT! :eek: :eek: Here's the original COTN! :cheer: Make sure you stick around for an EPIC batshit interview afterwards, where COTN apparently took her to "somewhere on another planet" :rofl: I have a similar reaction every time COTN comes up on my phone...

The foundation of my world is shaken! Sorry Galustyan!

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

I will get my act together and nominate some Abt tomorrow. In the meantime @alchemy void , you can watch Adoniev put together his new bed on Instagram stories. What happened to the old bed? Hope the new one holds up for both karaoke and more.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
proving your inner-:gallopin1-self :p

No shame I did the same thing for Joshi last year :drama:

But yes, Tomas was the original cute Czech head case. Then Michal emerged and I was so certain that he would be different and fulfill his true potential! Funny how that worked out :slinkaway

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
NOMINEE: MARINA KIELLMANN

Folks, you know at least one German girl is going to get nominated, so you might as well support the one who WON'T put you to sleep! :EVILLE:

--Proto-Joshi!
--Before Mama Helgesson graced us in the K&C, Mama Kiellmann was there, for the triumphs and the splats.
--carrot party, always and forever!
--skated to the most muzaky fabulous programs ever! Italian pop instrumentals? Check. Vaguely clappy happy Latin/rock and roll medley? Yup.
--At 1992 Euros, she pulls a Sasha, falls on the first two jumps but then goes clean to win a silver medal in a hideous field. :cheer:
--STRIPTEASE EXHBITION TO SANTA ESMERALDA :rofl: Um, sexy.
--That exhibition was so iconic she turned it into her short program the following season!
--Oh you want heartbreak? 1994 Worlds, she was skating clean throughout and on track to win a world medal(!) but then falls on a 3flip late in the program. She comes right down the rink to do a clean 3flip, but then promptly falls on a 2axel right at the very end at the program and ends up FORVTH.
--More heartbreak? she missed out on 1994 Olympics by completely bombing Nationals and Euros, Witt took her spot.
--MORE HAIRSTYLES THAN GIZMO! Seriously different every competition.
--She was part of the Battle of the Carmens in 1988. :respec:
--You want Pogosplats? Here you go. Bonus: that costume!
--BEST DENTAL WORK EVAH! :cheer:
--She won the 1989 Universiade AKA #TeamTrainwreck Olympics! :40beers:

#MARINA4HOF!

PS More Euro medals than Szewczenko and Dytrt too

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
--You want Pogosplats? Here you go. Bonus: that costume!

O-M-G..OUUUUCHHHHH..I felt so sad for her.

Listen, Im first to say I know nothing of your nomination process but this chick is golden!!!!!

xxxxxxxx

Oh you want heartbreak? 1994 Worlds, she was skating clean throughout and on track to win a world medal(!) but then falls on a 3flip late in the program

OMG her jumps, jump landings and jumping style in this video remind me kinda of Nicole Bobek.

At first I thought this chick was a different person than the video above because the hair is so drastically different. Then I see you also listed that as part of her criteria! LMAO!!!!!!

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I will get my act together and nominate some Abt tomorrow. In the meantime @alchemy void , you can watch Adoniev put together his new bed on Instagram stories. What happened to the old bed? Hope the new one holds up for both karaoke and more.

Thank you! It's been so long since he posted anything of relevance, I've stopped looking. :p Shirtless, putting together a bed, while his woman chatters on in the background. Interestingly enough the translation of the caption says "husband for an hour and already..."! Did he really get married!!? :eek:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
NOMINEE: OLGA MARKOVA

Really one of the most creative skaters ever, amazing skating skills, great programs, but almost always a trainwreck with the jumps.

-One of the best choreographed LPs, ever. Stunning. High quality musical transtions in 1997! The only time she landed more than 3 triples in this program, it was always :gallopin1

-Drunken Go Down Moses in the lime green boa. Legendary program that is famous on FSU -- but then she goes out and immediately does a stunning Celine program, still in the voidy lime green boa. :swoon:

-Heartbreak: 1997 Europeans SP, Butyrskaya just totally bombed her SP immediately preceding. Olga had a clear path to a Euro silver, and what does she do? Bomb even worse than Butyrskaya. :gallopin1 The program is stunning though.

-Again, a different hairstyle every competition. Perm? Curls? Crunchy gel crimping? Feathered bob? Check. (I really think hair needs to be added to the official criteria, @Vagabond?)

-Another insanely difficult program, Space Opera in 1992. So good. And this was probably in her top 4 or 5 best LP performances.

-Heartbreak: Worlds 1995, 2nd after the SP (one of the best SPs ever), then falters to 5th (but a decent effort in the LP actually, not a bomb!).

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
O-M-G..OUUUUCHHHHH..I felt so sad for her.

Listen, Im first to say I know nothing of your nomination process but this chick is golden!!!!!

xxxxxxxx

Oh you want heartbreak? 1994 Worlds, she was skating clean throughout and on track to win a world medal(!) but then falls on a 3flip late in the program

OMG her jumps, jump landings and jumping style in this video remind me kinda of Nicole Bobek.

At first I thought this chick was a different person than the video above because the hair is so drastically different. Then I see you also listed that as part of her criteria! LMAO!!!!!!

You have good taste, my friend! :lol:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Also I'm renominating Gizmo for the actual Hall of Fame -- not this honorable mention bullshit! Anyone with me? Let's hear it! :p

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
CURRENT NOMINATIIONS
@SmallFairy I'm counting on you to nominate Gusmeroli plz!

DANCE
Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gazsi (@Yehudi)
Maurizo Margaglio (@Karpenko)

MEN
Christopher Bowman (@bladesofgorey)
Stanick Jeannette (@SmallFairy)
Takahiko Kozuka (@pinky166)
Jeremy Abbott (@pinky166)
Alexandr Abt (@SmallFairy)
Laurent Tobel (@Karpenko)

PAIRS
Sabrina Lefrancois (@SmallFairy)
Anastasia Martiusheva (@Jeschke)

LADIES
Tanja Szewczenko (@Laney)
Anna Rechnio (@SmallFairy)
Sabina Wojtala (@SmallFairy)
Mikelline Kierkgaard (@SmallFairy)
Annette Dytrt (@Jeschke)
Sofia Biryukova (@Jeschke)
Sasha Cohen (@Jeschke)
Anastasia Gimazetdinova (@alchemy void)
Olga Markova (@alchemy void)
Marina Kiellmann (@alchemy void)
Elene Gedevanishvili (@Karpenko)

Last edited:

Vagabond

-Again, a different hairstyle every competition. Perm? Curls? Crunchy gel crimping? Feathered bob? Check. (I really think hair needs to be added to the official criteria, @Vagabond?)
Qualities, not Criteria. But please see Rule #3.

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo

I'm all for adding Hair as Quality #12, but let's give it a week and see if we have a consensus. :watch:

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Folks, you know at least one German girl is going to get nominated
Damn right you are; it should be one to increase the chances :p

so you might as well support the one who WON'T put you to sleep! :EVILLE:
Dare you!
Szewczenko 3x Playboy, just wanna say :smokin:

since when do we care about medals? :drama:

Putting the words 'euros medal' and 'dytrt' in one sentence proves you are a worth :gallopin1-vice

morqet

rising like a phoenix
I semi want to nominate Adrian Schultheiss, for his music choices, over elaborate high concept programs, straightjacket costume and the interview where he said that his pet fish were the only things that brought him any joy, but I fear that there was never enough potential for him to compete at the highest level to qualify for HOF status.

[Semi related to the thread title: Who else is heading to Nebelhorn? Have finally organised my flights and would love to do a TTW meetup if there are plenty of us going]

S

SmallFairy

Oh, I so totally agree with the nomination of Marina Kielmann and Adrian Schultheiss! I knew I could trust you people! Not to mention Olga Markova. They are all so worthy. Regarding Adrian one of my fondest memories was at Nordics in Copenhagen one year, he was sitting right next to us in the stands being a total bad ass; pierced, wallet chain, baggy clothes, funky hair...and then later on the ice, his outfit was blue and flowy....and he landed an amazing 4toe....IN THE WARM UP!!! :gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1 His straight jacket was for the ages, and just a natural follower to all this!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

Now, to my nomination of my grief and love and :wall::gallopin1 Alexander Abt

* One of the biggest russian talents, winning silver at junior worlds 1991, only to end up with a totally trainwrecky roller coaster of a career.

* On upward roll some time after junior worlds, he managed to break his leg during an exhibition :)wall:) in MEXICO of all places. What on earth was he doing there???

* Medalling at first Euros 1998 with his oh-so-long-legs, doing a smokin' hot tango sp and two-footed quad-messy-belly-dancing legendary free skate (Kötting would die for it)

* All those years of killing his fans:gallopin1:repeating the belly dancing in golden pants, landing a 3a3lo (I think at Sparkassen cup), quad, no quad, Zorro ex in latex and shiny black tights, Pulp Fiction in mostly only pants and a bandana, Riverdance in bare stomach and more latex.

* Finally making it to Euros again 2000, only to loose the bronze to Dmitri Dmitrenko, of all people (whom I by the way dig to death).

* Making it to Euros 2001, skating to Gladiator dressed in a hideous red something with muscles painted on and thousands of buckles, only to come down with a sinus infection. He barely made it through the FS, pale as a ghost he almost passed out in the KnC and Raf had to hold him up.

* Went to USA and showed up 2002 with the most amazing quad and programs, only to be robbed of Euros gold!! :gallopin1 All season he was totally consistent, landing that quad....until OG, and I was there in front of the TV at five in the morning, tired as hell, and the moron managed to FALL ON THE QUAD!!! TALK HEARTBREAK!!!:gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1

* Ended his career being coached by Zhulin, winning a Russian championship, something Yagudin couldn't, and it proves that his up-and-down-career alone proves he belong the da HOF, but of course, there is more:

* The guy being totally hot, you know, his behind and everything!:smokin:

* The amount of alcohol consumed; like being too drunk on the night after competition to meet his fan club as promised the day after, sending Maksim Marinin instead:rofl:, and another time going mad on a plane, causing all kinds of scenes!

In sum: Totally hot, with to die for- and WTF-programs side by side, best skating skills and legendary outfits, belly dancing and crazy off-ice incidents, and results all over the place, breaking our hearts again and again and again, and even when he skated stellar he was robbed! :gallopin1What more could a HOF wish for? Abt is for the ages!!!

Euros 2002 - the ever debated results and the shining programs:
SP: Armenian selections
FS: Rach 2 & 3, with (as earlier revealed in this very thread) one crazy fan in her younger years at 5.04 and 5.17, that should be enough for HOF alone, don't you tell me he wasn't heartbreak:rofl:

S

SmallFairy

More detailed nominations tomorrow! @alchemy void don't you worry, I will of course take responsibility for Gusmeroli! She's by this officially nominated!

S

SmallFairy

And btw, I've spend a week at camp with Camilla Gjersem, who's is the sweetest girl, and also Anna Jurkiewicz, who now coaches in Sarpsborg, of all Norwegian cities. She was very cool, and quite tiny, we shared ice with her group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information