#TeamTrainwreck 15: His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

It's been such a long day, I managed to catch the ladies live, trying to catch up on others..

Can't believe Kötting was no show after BEING PRESENT AT THE DRAW!?!? What's going on? Someone's playing games with us! @Jeschke do you have any:sekret:?

What did Gubanova ever do to anyone??? I just don't get it! Her skating is exquisite! Free Nastya:mitchell:

Today I finally got into Stasya! The first part of the FS was so strong, the rest more tentative, but she fought. She jumps big and powerful and looks amazing. The kiddos are fun and they're doing quads and all that, but come on. Bring the woman!

That said, kiddos are hardware, they're tough as nails. I agree Scherbakova is too frantic (that's why I posted Mikkeline here not so long ago) but come on, LeGauz choreo and music cutting is abysmal this season. Kostornaia MUST get something stellar next season, or I'll riot!

Tat screaming in falsetto "she did it" for every kiddo quad was awesome. Her crying for Kovtun too. Everyone knows I've never said a nice word about his skating earlier, but he is improving. Kudos to Max for coming back. His Carmen outfit is the best I've seen.

New Russian guy that was 3rd in the short and then faltered was totally :smokin: but his :yikes::scream:beard must go, omg that was awful!

In Japan, Shoma is injured AGAIN! He's never healthy, never! I fear his knees, hips and ankles will give in soon, from his weird, muscled out technique. I'll enjoy him while I can.

BUT DAI IS BACK😍😍😍
https://youtu.be/k95SbtAKxCo

His SP is a beauty! I can watch him all day. And he's still :smokin:

So is Tanaka, but that's his only feature at the moment:(

I'm sure I forgot half the stuff I wanted to write:lol:
Med was quite good, but not that good. I root for her, but really.. Poor Zag, I fee for her, but no fan of the frantic, I want a calmer choreo for her too, she would be so stunning.

Oh, and Davydov's girl did so well! And Davydov looked so well :D

J

Jeschke

Vice what have you taken? Suggesting a worlds team of Zag, Med and Tuk? Leaving the highest placed eligible (the stasia girl) at home?🆘🙈
And this from you! :drama:
This is Ross all over again :drama:
#justice4stasia

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Vice what have you taken? Suggesting a worlds team of Zag, Med and Tuk? Leaving the highest placed eligible (the stasia girl) at home?🆘🙈
And This from you! :drama:
This is Ross all over again :drama:
#justice4stasia

As the first American gay president of the Russian federation, my policy is this: if you want your ticket guaranteed to both Euros and Worlds, stand on the podium. If not, I get to decide assignments to maximize results. :puppet:

However, to show I am not a complete bitch, I’ll give Konstantinova Universiade along with Sakhanovich. That way she gets rewarded for her Nationals placement with two assignments.

As for Gubanova and the rest, they are all invited to the Cup of Perkova (formerly Russian Cup Final) in February. The winner gets to lunch with Leonova and I!

See? Everyone wins.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Speaking of Gubanova, since she was once again foiled by the Fed in not giving her the highest PCS scores, or at least tied with Kostornaia, she deserves an exalted place on the train. She lost to Lindfors, albeit it was a fluke. :drama: Give her something.

And poor Nugu :(

And unknownRussianguy should be on some sort of watch list. Just because he will forever be unknownRussianguy.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Can't believe Kötting was no show after BEING PRESENT AT THE DRAW!?!? What's going on? Someone's playing games with us!

Seriously, this is the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me. You guys have no idea how much I was looking forward to seeing him again. :shuffle: @Clay do you have any inside info for us?

I thought he already was. :shuffle:

I spit coffee out all over reading this. :rofl: Thank you.

I fear he slipped over Mari's toothbrush or something :gallopin1-similar.

:rofl: German Nats brings the drama!

Honestly, I think T/M can still have a mistake over Z/E. Yes, they have been mediocre but their performance here probably did more then enough to regain the confidence of the federation.

Oh totally. @Jeschke is the only who thinks otherwise. T/M were stunning today. Z/E were very good, the best I've ever seen them, but in reality, the quality of their elements is well below T/M and even B/K.

Leonova - @alchemy void might kill me for this: but maybe it's time to call it a career Perkova. You had 2 great outings here, that would be a proper and satisfying farewell after a good season! A pleasure it was.

For a split second I agreed with you. And then I quickly changed my mind. She achieved PB scores this season, why quit now!? The jumps are so stable. But really--why doesn't Rukavicin do any endurance training at all? She was dead 2/3 of the way into that program.

DobrinFan

Sotskova - (She might be the only age eligible either way) but I hope Sot gets Universiade

Leonova gave an interview after the SP saying she hopes she makes the team for Universiade. I guess someone forgot to tell her she is 3 years too old :gallopin1 :rofl:

- What are your plans for the competition in the second half of the season?
- From the results of the championship of Russia will depend on falling on the Universiade......My task is to show everything that I can ride cleanly. Then I can claim a place in the national team, which will go to the Universiade....

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...te_Rossii_vystupajesh_kak_na_chempionate_mira

Ka3sha

Russian Teams for Europeans and Universide
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4163-sostav-rossijskikh-figuristov-na-chempionat-evropy-i-universiadu.html

Euros:
Ladies: Konstantinova, Zagitova, Samodurova (Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva)
Men: Kovtun, Kolyada, Samarin
(Lazukin, Aliev, Voronov)
Pairs: Tarasova/Morozov, Zabiyako/Enbert, Boikova/Kozlovsky
(Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Mishina/Gallyamov)
Ice Dance: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin, Evdokimova/Bazin
(Popova/Mozgov, Skoptsova/Aleshin, Zahorski/Guerreiro)

Universiade:
Ladies: Konstantinova, Tuktamysheva (Medvedeva, Sotskova)
Men: Kovtun, Samarin, Lazukin (Aliev, Petrov, Shulepov)
Pairs: Poluyanova/Sopot, Koshevaya/Bushlanov, Ozerova/Bobrov
Ladies: Evdokimova/Bazin, Popova/Mozgov, Skoptsova/Aleshin (Shpilevaya/Smirnov)

J

Jeschke

I am happfy for Sofia#2 getting Euros.
Liza needs time.
And it's nice to see the battle for the 3rd worlds spot. Hope that both, Sofia and Stasia manage to medal so the fed might not even dare to think about bringing Med back for worlds.

So we have Zag, Stasia, Sofia, Kostner, Schott and Lil'Sis for 3 medals.
Stasia, this is your chance! 💪🏼

Ka3sha

Seeing Evdokimova/Bazin on medal ceremony was :love:
They were so humbled.
Lovely to see.
(sorry mama :( )
Same here.
I want to hug ((( @taz'smum and Tiff/Jon ))) , and would have preferred to see them at Euros, but am happy for Sofia and Egor. They seem to be nice and hard-working people. They are also the only team outside of Moscow, don't have many opportunities and resources, so this bronze medal means a lot to them.
But to me Popova/Mozgov were robbed in the Rhythm Dance :shuffle:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Seeing Evdokimova/Bazin on medal ceremony was :love:
They were so humbled.
Lovely to see.
(sorry mama :( )

No, it is fine, Tiff says they are lovely people, and so deserve a break like this!! :cheer2:
Tiff and Jon got their lucky break last season, so nice to see someone else getting their chance too, and a more deserving, humble couple you'd be hard pressed to find!
I shall be cheering them on in Minsk!! :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information