#TeamTrainwreck 14: "I Don't Care. #StillHere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

We are not celebrating anyone's meltdowns! (Except our own course:D) The skaters who boarded the train did so because they break our hearts. That's the number one criteria to get a ticket; is there heartbreak?

A trainwrecky moment can be fun, and we will celebrate it, but it can also be :yikes:and :eek: and :wuzrobbed and then we're for sure not celebrating someone who's at a low point. We always laugh with, not at.

And yes, we are snarking, but as I said earlier, we do hold ourselfs to certain standards and a certain level of sophistication (believe it or not), unlike some of those crazy posters around the forum that I've put on ignore ages ago. That's what makes this place so killer. (It's a fine line, I know;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

SamuraiK

SA FD impressions..

First I must say dance post olympic seaons are my ultimate favorites. Most of the teams go for music choices and styles they would never ever dare on olympic year.

M&J - Really entertaining but damn that was a lot of two foot skating.
T&B - Shpillband by the numbers. I already forgot it.
N&N - Much better than in the short but they are looking like one trick pony. Nikitin seems so unhappy lately. I fear a split coming.
M&D - I had read so much negativiy for this program but cardiogram sound effects aside I actually liked it a lot. Really contemporary but it lacked a climax.
K&S - From outdated last year to way out there but never really owning any style. Wuzgifted.
F&G - Where were they hiding all this charisma? Her specially. They seemed so tamed last year. And oh the irony of a Dubreuil & Lauzon team using Bourne & Kraatz signature move.
M&C - They give me a very young and dorkier V&M vibe. Beautiful program.
Z&G - While not overused Blues for Kooh is still a warhorse so blah to that . It needs more mileage but decent.
G&F - Love the big sweeping movement in all the step sequences. Happy for them
H&D - Dissapointed again. A lot of speed and intricate moves but they were not really flowing with the music.

Best dressed - Zahorski & Guerreiro. Tiff looks even more bondish than yesterday.
Do-Hard Award - Baby Buckland though I prefer big bro Nic.

Havent watched all of ladies LP. Im soo behind.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
We are not celebrating anyone's meltdowns! (Except our own course:D) The skaters who boarded the train did so because they break our hearts. That's the number one criteria to get a ticket; is there heartbreak?

A trainwrecky moment can be fun, and we will celebrate it, but it can also be :yikes:and :eek: and :wuzrobbed and then we're for sure not celebrating someone who's at a low point. We always laugh with, not at.

And yes, we are snarking, but as I said earlier, we do hold ourselfs to certain standards and a certain level of sophistication (believe it or not), unlike some of those crazy posters around the forum that I've put on ignore ages ago. That's what makes this place so killer. (It's a fine line, I know;) )
This, so much. We can :cheer2: for Sophia2 and still feel sorry for Bradie. But Bradie isn't a trainwreck.She's a good solid skater who seldom makes mistakes. Not exciting, not heartbreaking, neither of which is her fault and she deserves respect for what she does. As for Polina4, I think this is her last season and she'll convince her parents to let her retire. She has the skills, but not the heart. Mishin's chick wanted a medal and fought for it. I'm so proud of her.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
She's definitly cursed, and has the potential, but she lacks the will to achieve that potential.

J

Jeschke

what about the newest cursed Polina, Tsurskaya can she be in trainwreck ?
I was willing to let her in this weekend, but these skates were just uninspired and :blah:.
So no. I think Polina will stay at the station and watches the train pass by.
I expect retirement before nationals here.

Vagabond

The whole thread is based on celebrating skaters meltdowns or TTW moments. Which includes lightly dissing, being snarky, (as seen by the response to Angie's K/K statements. Though I totally back u on that. Lol) not so secretly sexually objectifing, and judging. The train is more Murder on the Orient Express then Polar Express, let's not fool ourselves.
:wall:

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/the-teamtrainwreck-thread.96851/page-6#post-4627511
Vagabond said:
Taso said:
But now I feel conflicted - once on the team, if with a medal, am I supposed to root against them to keep them on?!?! What happens if they lose their status?!?!?!
John Calvin would say that this is an example of Predestination. Those who are truly on Team Trainwreck will slip up even if you root for them. Those who are not, will medal, gain consistency, or become unwatchable, even if you root against them.

The proper thing is to root for them. That way, you are guaranteed heartbreak no matter what happens.

:watch:

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...splat-station-pyeongchang.101944/post-5161454
Vagabond said:
There something quite disturbing about wanting someone to be on the Team. People should want skaters to skate their best every time.

Our mission here is to identify those who are trainwrecks, to appreciate them, to root for them, and to withstand the inevitable heartbreak. :fragile::fan::gallopin1
Now, behave!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
That was almost as excruciatingly painful to watch as his Free Program itself. :shuffle:
Poor Kevin. When I was a kid, one of my brothers had a pet raccoon we'd rescued. My sister had a baby skunk. Every time the poor little skunk would get near the raccoon, the raccoon would smash it with its paws. So, we kept the raccoon on a leash when the skunk was out of its den. But, the little skunk would make a bee line for the raccoon. Every. Time. You knew exactly what was going to happen, but it did it over and over and over to the point, you just became immune and figured it deserved to be smashed. It's hard to be sympathetic for Kevin at this point. You just want to tell him to give it up, go to school, put a brush through your hair and move on. His skating has regressed. His hair is worse than ever and McCloud is McCloud. The two of them must be exhausted by this point.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Super in-depth SA thoughts:

I am quickly becoming a big Miyahara fan. Her programs are fantastic this season, and the jumps are rotated! :respec: She's skating with more attack and fire than in the past.

I absolutely love Sakamoto's attack but I'm not a huge fan of the LP yet. I would love to see her do a Rika program.

Samodurova's CH sequence face was one of the highlights of the event. I enjoyed the excessive handography, but the lack of speed and ice coverage is glaring. Good for her though.

I quite liked Bradie at the Canadian Challenger, but she seemed really stiff here. Yikes.

Of course, everyone here is now way too cool for Laurine. :blah: I *loved* both programs and looks. She still has some work to do, but I love the direction her skating is going in. The LP is still a little undercooked, but who cares when you look that good? The basics looked much better, and I can't wait to see these programs grow throughout the season.

Starr, Marin, and Polina: Absolute horror show. :yikes: Tsurkaya's SP was good, but the LP was a slow pondering popping mess. She's either injured, totally over it, or both. I can think of a couple skaters who would want her second GP spot.

Loved the fight from Alaine! That's the first time in a long time we've seen that. Slay at Skate Canada, girl! :kickass:

Biggest surprise: Laurine
Best look: Laurine, but Miyahara, Samodurova, and Honda were all very close behind.
Best coach/student look-alike: Laurine and Kori Ade
Biggest disappointment: Tsurkaya

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Toss a coin between Perkova and Gubanova and I'd be happy to wave good bye to P4 at her next event.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Toss a coin between Perkova and Gubanova and I'd be happy to wave good bye to P4 at her next event.

I'm still holding out hope for Leonova at NHK just because this is cool:

Midori was invited to NHK 9 times, Mao 7, Leonova 6 (plus 1 she declined), Arakawa/Miyahara 6, Suguri 5, Ando/Suzuki/Nakano 4, Murakami 2, Mihara/Higuchi/Honda/Kihira/Shiraiwa 1 etc :D

NHK can't be without Leonova! :encore: Give Japanese fans another once-a-year chance to see her in person.

stlcomet

The first thread URL doesn't allow me access so I don't know what to apologize for today :slinkaway:yikes:

I think the intention of my original post about Wet Tree Stump is being missed. I was giving her praise about the R&J program and how impressed I was in her improved pc. But it is what is, the girl has a personality of a WTS proven again in those interviews. It's not her fault, it's her nature. Just like hongo and her broad shoulders, or Zhou's feet with their natural extended turn-out. Doesn't mean I don't root for her greatly. Obviously I need her to do well so the US can get 3 girls back at worlds.

And as far as the interpretation of the meaning of this thread I really do completely understand and get the concept. But I feel the interpretation of my phrase 'celebrating skaters breakdowns or TTW moments', the word celebrate is being taken by the wrong meaning. The intended meaning is to indicate; embracing full of life and love, make light of/remembrance, or taking intended situation as is to enjoy it. Not 'celebrate' meaning party, or one's euphoric feeling when one's team wins a competition at the expense of another. Example of my intended meaning: Even though Ryan and Jim didn't know Paul well, they are going to Paul's funeral to help celebrate Paul's life. :violin:

I would never root for a skater to internally combust before a program or get injured, I didn't root or hope for iTonya to club priNcessK. But I would root for a skater/coach/mom to overly express their emotions good or bad afterwards though.

stlcomet

The Train is neither the Orient Express nor the Polar Express. It's a combination of this one, these, and these. :gallopin1
LOL If I could love this a million times I would. Though it was meant to be interpreted that the 2017 remake of Murder on the Orient Express was a trainwreck by critics and Polar Express was glorified...but same thing, same page!:grope:

SamuraiK

Insta stalking of today...

Papadakis photo session french diva
Galustyan and her bf love birds #908032270532342342
Trankov & Vasiliev no hard feelings talk? Sharing past memories of Moody Maria?
Aymoz new look still yummy :D
Ushakova also doing basic russian boy pics Im rooting for her and partner to win JGPF
Phillip Harris getting in shape for GP debut nice..
The Stars of Skate America I would have loved a JPN sweep .
Ustimkina & Rogonov doing basic pairs pics have they debuted yet?
Raffi boys and Raffi boys with special granpa guest
La Tuk congratulating Sofia 2nd Mishin girls:swoon:

Do-Hard Bonus (again wrong fandom but Worlds is this week and that beats Skate Canada excitement)

3T3T

I think Galuystan has done well to pull a guy as hot as Vakhnov. I wonder what delights his private account holds? It’s nice to see her back skating. Has he split from Konkina? He should get back with Polishchuk.

The Russian MAG squad are looking pretty good, hopefully plenty of success awaits in Doha.

SamuraiK

Very late SA Ladies LP impresions:

Chartrand - OMG the fire is still within you. Rise little one, rise!
Tsurskaya - The flame is close to extinguish here but I still see some impressive sparks. Awesome costume too.
Andrews - Yretha Silete's flashbacks :( . This was a roasted chicken.Poor girl
Lecavelier - Smoking hot!:smokin: This was a step back to the right direction but I fear she has peaked already.
Tennell - Overall this is a good vehicle for her. She's trying hard to light the fire and I respect that.
Wessenberg - Ok I guess but no heat at all.
Honda - :fragile::fragile:What a beautiful Icarus, attempting to fly so high her pretty wings got burned. Im sold. I officcialy nominate her to the team and I expect an official verditct @Jeschke
Sakamoto - This was like a warm and cozy bonfire that keeps the cold outside. Lovely :swoon::swoon:
Miyahara - Damn she's really starting to ignite some passion. This is the best package she's ever had.
Samodurova - Lots of fireworks to complete a perfect podium. Also perfect K&C !

Best Dressed - Triple tie between all japanese ladies. All of them breathtaking.
Do-Hard - Laurine, no question.

J

Jeschke

Honda - :fragile::fragile:What a beautiful Icarus, attempting to fly so high her pretty wings got burned. Im sold. I officcialy nominate her to the team and I expect an official verditct @Jeschke
This is a good nominantion, but: Honda is way too classy for the train! :glamor:
We have agreed on that (I think after Nebelhorn), haven't we?
Even in defeat, so classy. This hand-eye-game was everything :drama:

So, for now it's NO.
But I am willing to re-think after 2nd GP if all the class is outdone again by even more :gallopin1!

Edit: This was my mistake: We agreed Honda is too classy for watchlist, stupid boss I am :wall:
I am an absolute Honda fan, so I pray for all skating gods she gets her act together.
Verdict will be spoken after IdF! :watch:

J

Jeschke

I am almost entirely in agreement with @SamuraiK's SA ladies recap. :yikes:
Not only you :yikes: But somehow, sometimes, there has to be a common ground why we are riding this train together! :40beers:

I'm really trying to limit how often I respond to her tweets, so she doesn't think I'm some crazy fanboi. :shuffle:
Oh, how much are you willing to pay for a personal message?😏💵💰
Some train rider, loving beer and dogs and blessed with improvable taste (in men and skating) :EVILLE:, will meet :glamor: this weekend! Jealous anyone? :D

J

Jeschke

Btw. slowly time to think of a new thread title.
Suggestions already made in the last period are listed below:

He needs to go classy and stop consuming bullshit!
(That really should be a thread title some point in the future). #maricoco

Next thread title.
HELL YEAH AND I TOLD YOU SO AND HE'S DAMN HOT AND SHE'S A STAR AND I'LL BE OVER THE MOON AND THEY'RE THE NEXT BIG THING AND HIS TOO LOOSE TOP HAS TO GO!!!!!

Pressman, best quote ever regarding Rukavicin; thread title alert.
His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes? :sneaky:
by @Vagabond

Future #TTW thread title? :gallopin1
:watch:
Today's message is: Cute guys can't jump
by @umronnie

This is awesome! Thread title alert!
"until the ship sinks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information