#TeamTrainwreck 15: His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

Change-of-sports-comment:

@SmallFairy if your vikings are kicking out #TeamD 🇩🇪 of home soil worlds, as it seems right now, I will not speak for 2 days with you! 👆🏼

S

SmallFairy

Change-of-sports-comment:

@SmallFairy if your vikings are kicking out #TeamD 🇩🇪 of home soil worlds, as it seems right now, I will not speak for 2 days with you! 👆🏼

:eek: I can't believe I will have to answer for what some random dudes in a sport I couldn't care less about on THIS FAB DAY are doing. 🆘🆘🆘 Tell your guys to hit that goal asap, if they loose to Norwegian male handball team, there's no hope for them😝

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I vote Misha. Am I going to have to do this myself? :drama: Given I am the kiss of death, if one of you who is not doesn't take care of him, I'll pick Samarin and Aymoz. :EVILLE: And throw in Javi for good measure.

Or just pick Michal because there's nothing I can do to him he can't do to himself.

S

SmallFairy

More practice reports:
• Guy from Aze was great, looks really promising before FS tomorrow
• Yuri!!!ong ice Swiss edition never showed up
• Rizzo is such a nice guy. My friend says: "he's not very skilful, but I love his grace" :lol:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Glenn I could entertain but that LP is BAD. Like really bad. And not in a fun entertaining way. Maybe next year. I do appreciate her going 8-8-8 at nationals the last 3 seasons.

Cui is mad talented and is likely to go onto bigger and better things. But heartbreak material? No.

Now, speaking of heartbreak material, I'm off to see what's new on Mari's instagram.

Mad for Skating

This is originally part of a post I made elsewhere, but FWIW, off the ice and out of the heat of the moment of competition, they still as of late seem to be happy and connected to each other.

This was posted as a story on the ISU instagram earlier today, I think from before the medal ceremony. They came across as distant in the K&C, but they seem to be literally clinging to each other here:
http://tinypic.com/r/2n221he/9

The GPF also didn't go well for them, but they seem happy here--Vladimir's even smiling. From davesskatingphoto.com
http://tinypic.com/r/2pyu6o6/9
http://tinypic.com/r/15xaiar/9

This was their part of a video that was made at Russian nationals with the skaters giving Christmas greetings. She's looking at him with goofy eyes.
hxxps://www.instagram.com/p/Br1v314h9nY/ (change the xx to tt)

Then, the at about 5:42 during the medal ceremony at Russian nationals, he rubs her arm in a way that does not read as platonic skating partners.
https://youtu.be/XgZKbHemBCo?t=341

They also seemed happy and relaxed when they were in Italy for the show they did a few weeks ago.

In experience as a grown up for almost two decades, if two people have broken up, they're not doing cuddly hugs, or making goofy eyes, or being handsy in a medal ceremony. I think nothing has changed with them off-ice out of competition.

I think they came into this season with a lot of skating baggage from last season and then probably have a lot of external pressure on themselves this season. It seems like with each progressive imperfect skate, they both just withdraw and shutdown in the moment. It's a recipe to feel and look miserable competing. Most every skater has a season like this at some point, and most of them pull out of it eventually and are stronger for it.

You’re right, they do seem really sweet there. All couples have their ups and downs, and even the best couples have bad days. Who knows, maybe they’re even on-again-off-again. Either way, I like their skating and they both seem like nice people so I support them.

Stasia
11th SP
2nd FS
Pewter Overall

Epitone of #teamtrainwreck :gallopin1
Did we find our postergirl?

YOU SURE DID! (Honestly feel so gutted for her and baby Zagi, but the least Stasia deserves is TTW poster girl status!)

Also, can we just scream about SOFIA SAMODUROVA for forever?

S

SmallFairy

@Jeschke

This may be removed before you get to see this, but I hereby nominate Alysa Liu for Tursy-POTS. :wuzrobbed

ETA: I also nominate Mariah Bell and Rafael Arutunian 😋:angryfire :drama: :lol: 😱
Bunny Girl Mariah was precious! She's so much fun!!! Tursy-pots it must be! And of course there was a bunny there. Soooo happy she's on the podium, off to worlds baby:cheer2: Raf just sitting there watching in disbelief, omg:rofl:

S

SmallFairy

Short recap of ladies yesterday:

Sofia - Gosh, I think all my love has come through the computer screen, I'm still ecstatic :love:
(((Alina))) - I really feel for her. If half of what's written in other threads are true, we need to get her off to someone else asap. Free Alina!!!:mitchell:
Viveca - :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
ThatStasiaGirl - Our poster girl for sure!
Meite - SHE LOOKS SO AWSOME bf even commentated on it :love:
Laurine - She blends in with everybody else right now....but really happy French gals nailed three spots.
Paganini - Good effort skating last in medal postition. She's lacking something still, but could get there.
Emmi the headcase - Was that rock and splat in the same program, or what. But three finnish spots too, yay!!
Lil'Sis - I can't belive she got Queen U a spot! Better package than in the SP at least. Great KnC!
Toth - I love her! Her dresses are so fab, and she's really trying to do some different choreo. Bless her for crying, she's had some tough years. Hope she's back in full force now!
Feigin - Sorta smooth, but kinda unforgetable
Rajicova - Awsome dress and headband, skating still zzzzzz
Ryabova - ...in fact I don't remember what I was going to write....
Yamada - Lots of quality, lots of dress. Good skate! Have no idea what the dress and chess has to do With each other.
Sauter - :love: So much fun! So happy for her!! And that dress is everything, I want it! (maybe minus the scarf)
Schott - I agree, that LP is bad. Not much happens. Messy indeed. (((Nicole))) Hope she get back to her former self again for world. Any other comp for her? Maybe it's better just to stay home training?
Dasa - Best Euro placement ever for her, right? Gotta be happy with that.
Östlund - The Prayer? Seriously? Sweden, get your act togheter!
McKay - Her technique is so horrible I can hardly bear watching
Gennaro - The voiceover were the highlight. She skates (and wear her tights) very Italian.
Weinzierl - Oh dear. Power of Pötzsch not working yet. Bf amused by weather effect, first time for him hearing them.
Galustyan - Bellysplat on boobs were unfortunately the highlight
Sörensen - wtf? And white gloves and yellow boots are not excactly killer. Finally someone skating to Roxette, but man, those cuts With R.Orbison was:yikes:
Dubinina - I have such a soft spot for her. Glad she made the FS and did quite well, though that song for 4 min is a bit too much!

Do hard - Meite, Sofia
Best dress - Meite, Rajicova, Toth, Sauter (good comp!)

Coach award - Papa Mishin, Marius Negrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information