Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnskater

Thanks for the information. I did not know Shin is generally a Korean surname. Glad she has not been recruited away.

Vagabond

Thanks for the information. I did not know Shin is generally a Korean surname. Glad she has not been recruited away.
As I have edited my previous post to add, she uses English, Korean, and Chinese names on her Instagram account, so maybe she does have a Chinese connection.

Last edited:

rinettoii

ETA: On her Instagram account, she has her name in both English, Korean, and Chinese: Audrey Shin 신수민 愼秀慜. So maybe she does have a connection to China.

If she is Korean, that is probably just her Korean name in Hanja, which is a writing system in Korea that utilizes the same characters as Chinese. Korean names can be represented with Hanja, and those who have these names might not necessarily have connections to China.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Agree, but it is a tall order to re-learn technique, especially when one has already progressed to triples and in her case, quads. Muscle memory is very powerful.

Well, Rochette changed her lutz, took two seasons, but I can be hopeful about Liu. She wants to win and certainly has good sense and tenacity.

layman

Wow! I thought I was watching a young Michelle Kwan. Good, solid and strong technique. How old is she? Is Audrey still skating for the U.S? She hasn’t been recruited by China right? :drama:
Yes...Audrey is very reminiscent of Kwan...she has the same technique (really strong edging and flow, text-book jumps...very clean...pristine technique). Is she also coached by Frank Carroll (just looked her up, it's Tammy Gambill and formerly Rafael Arutunian...Raf coached Michelle...maybe that's where it comes from) too? I love Audrey's skating and look forward to seeing more of her.

P.S.
Just watched some of Audrey's performances from last season and the technique was not as clean (she had a bit of a leg wrap), so all credit goes to Tammy Gambill for the tremendous improvement in Audrey Shin this year.

Last edited:

Frida80

Yes...Audrey is very reminiscent of Kwan...she has the same technique (really strong edging and flow, text-book jumps...very clean...pristine technique). Is she also coached by Frank Carroll (just looked her up, it's Tammy Gambill and formerly Rafael Arutunian...Raf coached Michelle...maybe that's where it comes from) too? I love Audrey's skating and look forward to seeing more of her.

P.S.
Just watched some of Audrey's performances from last season and the technique was not as clean (she had a bit of a leg wrap), so all credit goes to Tammy Gambill for the tremendous improvement in Audrey Shin this year.

Audrey is nortorious for underrotations and downgrades that don’t get called domestically. I counted five underrotations in her FS. She’s going to get a far lower score internationally.

I thought they would be taken care of when she was with Raf, but she didn’t improve. That was three years ago. I think like Tessa, she’s just one of those skaters who’s rotation issues aren’t scrutinized enough domestically, leading to them enduring for years.

natsulian

Audrey is nortorious for underrotations and downgrades that don’t get called domestically. I counted five underrotations in her FS. She’s going to get a far lower score internationally.

I thought they would be taken care of when she was with Raf, but she didn’t improve. That was three years ago. I think like Tessa, she’s just one of those skaters who’s rotation issues aren’t scrutinized enough domestically, leading to them enduring for years.
They were called at Nationals when she had I think 2 under-rotations in the Short and 4-5 in the Long. In this program, I would call it as 3Lz<+3T, 2A+3T<, and 3Lz<, so three under-rotations in total. The 3S was VERY close and so was the 3Lo, but I guess I’m lenient.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Wow! I thought I was watching a young Michelle Kwan. Good, solid and strong technique. How old is she? Is Audrey still skating for the U.S? She hasn’t been recruited by China right? :drama:
Her jumping technique seems very odd. I have never seen that much space between a skaters legs during a triple. She really needs to tighten up the rotations if she is ever going to get a handle of those unders.

Last edited:

oleada

Yeah, my thought watching it was that some callers would have a field day with those jumps.

natsulian

Congratulations to Isabelle Inthisone and Gabriella Izzo who both completed clean Shorts.

Inthisone executed a 3F+3T, 3Lo<, and 2A with a few level issues on the spins. She’s currently in 10th.

Izzo executed a 3F+3T, 2A, and 3Lo with a Level 2 step sequence and level issues on spins. She’s currently in 5th.

mgobluegirl

It does look like Shin has partially addressed her issues with her wrapped air position and under-rotations. There is more work to be done but this looks like progress to me.

jlai

Question everything
I now wonder if Izzo is allowed to keep her second jgp with a 9th place in the first.

natsulian

I now wonder if Izzo is allowed to keep her second jgp with a 9th place in the first.
Even with her 9th place finish, Izzo now has the second highest total score of the Junior ladies thus far.

1. Alysa Liu, 208
2. Gabriella Izzo, 160
3. Hanna Harrell, 160
4. Isabelle Inthisone, 156
5. Emilia Murdock, 148
6. Jessica Lin, 148
7. Calista Choi, 148

Kate Wang and Audrey Shin will compete in Russia next week. Best of luck.

Bradie Tennell has withdrawn from the Autumn Classic and is apparently injured. I hope it’s not because of the 3A or quads.

Gracie Gold is training the 3A and 4S. Her coach posted a 3A attempt on a harness and a beautiful 3S which will be upgraded to a 4S.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri

I think so. Her score 160.94 is actually the second-highest of any American lady on the JGP this season. The LAT event was just that much deeper. Compare to other American ladies: Harrell 160.50 (scheduled for her second at JGP#7), Inthisone 156.03, Murdock 148.95, Lin 148.35, Choi 148.19.

I think it's Murdock's second assigment that should be pulled. She was within a point of Lin and Choi's totals, and they aren't going to get a second assignment, and Inthisone, whose total outscored Murdock probably isn't going to get a second either since she's only a sub for JGP#7. They may as well give that JGP POL to a sub who hasn't had a chance yet.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Bradie Tennell has withdrawn from the Autumn Classic and is apparently injured. I hope it’s not because of the 3A or quads.

Take it back, take it back, take it back!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? OK the season is over for me.

Couldn't you wait until I'm back from Barcelona to tell me this torturous news

BittyBug

Disgusted
from the last we saw of her I would think they'd want her to get all of her triples and combinations done securely before going onto beasts such as those…
Maybe it's an indication that she has in fact gotten all of her triples and combos back (at least in practice).

Comebacks are tough and it remains to be seen who actually makes it to nationals, but between Liu, Tennell, Bell, Harrell, Cui, Gold and possibly Edmunds it could be an absolutely insane competition (and that's without wild cards like Glenn, Wessenberger, etc.).

natsulian

Isabelle Inthisone's Free - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXLXRksGhk

3Lz+3T, 2F+2T, 3Lo, 2A+3T< (Fall) / 3F, 2A, and 3S

Isabelle seems immensely composed and does not rush the jumps. The doubled 3F seems to be a lack of timing rather than nerves. Cannot wait to see her growth.

Gabriella Izzo's Free - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJsoTzNOes

3F+3Lo, 2Lz, 3T, 3Lz (Fall) / 3F, 2A, and 2A+2T

Gabriella gets her 3F+3Lo ratified alongside the 3F+3T from the Short. Impressive outing for Izzo in a difficult field.

Had they competed anywhere else, both ladies would have placed within the Top 6/7. Compared to last year, our crop of junior ladies are doing much better. Ting had the highest score last year on the Junior Grand Prix circuit with 172 whilst everyone else was >157. Speaking of Ting, IT'S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY. Thus, let us wish our little rising star the happiest of birthdays.

pearskater

P.S.

Audrey's first & long time coach was Craig Maurizi & Igor Krokavec (A. Paganini) she started skating in Ice House, NJ. They taught her everything including triples.

Shin is a Korean surname. While there are ethnic Koreans in China, I would be surprised if her father's family was from China, and I would be even more surprised if the Chinese Federation wanted to recruit an ethnic Korean, even one with family ties to China.

ETA: On her Instagram account, she has her name in both English, Korean, and Chinese: Audrey Shin 신수민 愼秀慜. So maybe she does have a connection to China.

Both of her parents are South Korean. She was considering skating for South Korea in the future a few years ago.

wickedwitch

Maybe it's an indication that she has in fact gotten all of her triples and combos back (at least in practice).

Comebacks are tough and it remains to be seen who actually makes it to nationals, but between Liu, Tennell, Bell, Harrell, Cui, Gold and possibly Edmunds it could be an absolutely insane competition (and that's without wild cards like Glenn, Wessenberger, etc.).
Given that Edmunds has actually competed, she seems like a more likely bet than Gold at this point.

natsulian

It seems Bradie has been injured since Champs Camp when people saw her arrive with a boot. In my opinion, it is probably a sprain and the higher ups told her to withdraw after seeing her condition. Bradie is a tough girl and is a veteran who knows how to deal with injuries, I'm sure she's going to be okay. In fact, she'll probably come back even stronger.

vesperholly

Gabriella needs work on her posture. Super hunched over in back crossovers and her arms are always bent.

Fab flip-loop combo though.

olympic

Even with her 9th place finish, Izzo now has the second highest total score of the Junior ladies thus far.

1. Alysa Liu, 208
2. Gabriella Izzo, 160
3. Hanna Harrell, 160
4. Isabelle Inthisone, 156
5. Emilia Murdock, 148
6. Jessica Lin, 148
7. Calista Choi, 148

Kate Wang and Audrey Shin will compete in Russia next week. Best of luck.

Gracie Gold is training the 3A and 4S. Her coach posted a 3A attempt on a harness and a beautiful 3S which will be upgraded to a 4S.

A lot here to process. Seriously.

Please get well soon Bradie.

Willin

But why? Is that a good idea? from the last we saw of her I would think they'd want her to get all of her triples and combinations done securely before going onto beasts such as those…
Because that’s what’s needed to be competitive these days, and Gracie has said she wants to be competitive to go back to the Olympics.

GullyGirl84

I really wouldn't overthink Vincent's Instagram re: Gracie's triple axel on a harness and his quad sal comment (especially the quad, it seemed like a supportive and playful comment that he was making to me in response to her triple "you know what comes next!"), I don't see any issue with her playing around while she regains her form, as long she stays safe and healthy. I'm sure that they are not a main focus for her team, at least not this season. I'm thrilled for her that she is regaining her confidence and it's a testament to her raw talent that she looks great in these instagram videos. I think that TSL said in a recent video that she able to do partial/half run throughs now (though who knows what source they have for that). Until she competes, I just take the videos as a showcase for her impressive progress, and not much else at this point.

Get well soon, Bradie! Was looking forward to seeing her programs.

RoseRed

I think so. Her score 160.94 is actually the second-highest of any American lady on the JGP this season. The LAT event was just that much deeper. Compare to other American ladies: Harrell 160.50 (scheduled for her second at JGP#7), Inthisone 156.03, Murdock 148.95, Lin 148.35, Choi 148.19.

I think it's Murdock's second assigment that should be pulled. She was within a point of Lin and Choi's totals, and they aren't going to get a second assignment, and Inthisone, whose total outscored Murdock probably isn't going to get a second either since she's only a sub for JGP#7. They may as well give that JGP POL to a sub who hasn't had a chance yet.
Murdock's 2nd assignment was never confirmed on the USFS page. It was always a placeholder, so they wouldn't really be "pulling" it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
It seems Bradie has been injured since Champs Camp when people saw her arrive with a boot. In my opinion, it is probably a sprain and the higher ups told her to withdraw after seeing her condition. Bradie is a tough girl and is a veteran who knows how to deal with injuries, I'm sure she's going to be okay. In fact, she'll probably come back even stronger.

You are a treasure trove of information.

Now, could you check me in for my flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information