Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think it's a bad name because it's awkward to say. I don't think it's particularly egotistical or wrong on other levels.

NAOTMAA

All the talk about the name of the training program and no one has yet to describe what the Mitchell Johansson Method actually is :lol:

I know the Stanislavsky or Lee Straussbug(?) methods but have yet to know the features, characteristics, hallmark's and tics of the Mitchell Johansson. I hope this years Nationals teaches us :cool:

Bonita

What I am amazed it is Mitchell went from giving up coaching forever to having his own program named after him.

I have known Mark and Peter for years (I first met Mark when he still taught learn to skate at SCOB), and I just spit out my water laughing, you bad, LOL.

Their club name sounds like a form of birth control to me, i.e., rhythm method, LOL. It is an odd name.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Didn’t there used to be a brand of coffee named MJM? Had a really annoying jingle that ran on the radio back in the 70’s?
Couldn't find anything in Google about a coffee brand. But it is a brand of tables (including end and coffee tables) there is a Cafe by that name.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Amber Glenn Aiming For Top Four in Detroit

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/amber-glenn-aiming-for-top-four-in-detroit/

Five years have passed since Amber Glenn captured the U.S. junior ladies title in Boston. When she stood atop the podium back in 2014, she did so with the then highest ladies score in the history of the competition.

This week, Glenn, 19, believes she is ready to contend for a medal at the 2019 U.S. Championships in Detroit.

“Back when I won my title, I didn’t really know what was going on. I looked up to the seniors like they were so far away when in reality my scores were pretty close to what theirs were,” Glenn said. “I always thought of myself as this girl trying to prove myself, but this year I feel like I am established as a senior lady. I can just go out there and not worry about proving myself to other people, but just show them who I am now.”

Willin

I honestly prefer those names over some of the Synchro team names. I mean Team Surprise? Who came up with that?
I believe Team Surprise was actually quite fitting. Unintentionally or not they did end up surprising a lot of people with a lot of very innovative moves.

Some other teams, though... Jingu Ice Messengers has always struck me as one of the strangest. Even after they took the "Grace" from the end of their name. The Rockettes response to having to change their name for TV purposes after the teams were allowed to use their name at Worlds was also strange. At least it's not RCKT anymore. Also why is there a "1" at the end of Team Berlin 1? But that's for another thread.

All the talk about the name of the training program and no one has yet to describe what the Mitchell Johansson Method actually is :lol:

I know the Stanislavsky or Lee Straussbug(?) methods but have yet to know the features, characteristics, hallmark's and tics of the Mitchell Johansson. I hope this years Nationals teaches us :cool:
Apparently it's something about winning, because they're killing it at Nationals. I could see it being a very strong club going into the future, but I hope they change their name...

Bonjour Sherry

^^ I just watched Amber's performance at 2016 Golden Spin. She is glorious when she skates well and I really hope she puts it together one day. Will this be her year?

Jackie Wong predicts Mariah Bell will win the competition. Does anyone else here predict that? I sure don't. :lol:

VGThuy

^^ I just watched Amber's performance at 2016 Golden Spin. She is glorious when she skates well and I really hope she puts it together one day. Will this be her year?

Jackie Wong predicts Mariah Bell will win the competition. Does anyone else here predict that? I sure don't. :lol:

His prediction is my fantasy. I think Tennell will be ok with one loss at Nationals and will do well at 4CC heading into Worlds. I just want Bell to get a real confidence boost.

Bonjour Sherry

His prediction is my fantasy. I think Tennell will be ok with one loss at Nationals and will do well at 4CC heading into Worlds. I just want Bell to get a real confidence boost.

I wouldn't mind Mariah winning at all. But Jackie has a tendency to jinx my favorite skaters. He's done that with Pogorilaya, Higuchi, and James/Cipres..

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Wow, I did not see that prediction coming. I love Mariah, but I don't see her beating Bradie yet. She's a lovely skater, but she has so much trouble putting together two clean programs.

But if she does pull it off, I'll be overjoyed for her!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Wow, I did not see that prediction coming. I love Mariah, but I don't see her beating Bradie yet. She's a lovely skater, but she has so much trouble putting together two clean programs.

But if she does pull it off, I'll be overjoyed for her!

What are everyones predictions? Mine are:

1. Tennell
2. Liu
3. Bell
4. Cui
5. Glenn
6. Andrews

Firedancer

1.Tennell
2. Bell
3. Liu
4. Cui

And I don’t remember who I put 5th & 6th. Maybe Hicks & Andrews.

I would really like Mariah to win but I think it will be Bradie

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

By the way, The M-J Method won last night! Gabriella Izzo won Jr Ladies.

Bonjour Sherry

My prediction is Tennell, Liu, and Bell for the top three. 4th place is 40% likely to be Cui and 60% a dark horse (I'm betting on Amber Glenn). I'm not feeling so sure about Ting since she's had multiple competitions where one phase goes well and the other is a disaster (i.e. JGP Ostrava this season, or Nationals last season).

Maximillian

RIP TA
I also predict Tennell, Liu, Bell top three. Hicks is the one I'm torn about, she could wind up being like Brezina on the GP this season, but she's so inconsistent, like it would be easier to predict her 1st or 18th, but 4th place speaks to a mediocrity and a consistency that she doesn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information