#TeamTrainwreck 23: Perky through the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Interesting strategy. He should be competitive, but that's a risk. I have the feeling they don't really care about 3 spots for men. If they get them, fine. If they don't; fine. But, opportunity for WS points for Mark. Sorry, Boss. I really thought Samarin did enough at the test skate to make his case.

J

Jeschke

Yeah tbh I am confused too. Mark is still kinda unknown, Samarin still would have had somehow decent PCS (deserved or non-deserved 😋).
So in this field, going with a newbie, risky, but I have no doubt Mark will manage, secure the spot (only for not getting it in the end :gallopin1 ).

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

🇷🇺 Pairs FS

1. Akopova/Rahmanin
Rest: meh meh meh!

I just cannot not-see the many flaws of B/K and I don't even start with the program.
M/G great dak costumes to 'Snowstorm', I like that, even though his shirt demands more nipple! :HA!: And WTF is that music cut? Generic program with identical elements like last season, no good connection. Give me Totmianina/Marinin a thousand times.
T/M. Beautiful skating. But I think it has already been said enough how :wall: it is to go with an Aliona-piece and Aliona-style, in the post-Aliona games :rolleyes:

Pairs is maybe my fav discipline, but this was such a huge disappointment.

SamuraiK

WTF!
I love Mark but WTF!

FTR I would have sent Samarin also just because of his undeserved reputation PCS but we should have known better that he was out of contest the moment he was thrown to the babies first group.

SmallSlightlyKnown kid is a riskier choice but also a reward for what he's building up recently. He got screwed by the GP rules so now he should get NT and the TBA spot. Well done Mother Russia.

At least now TTW wont be involed in harrasment scandals.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

🇷🇺 Ladies FS:

Next big meh!

1. Sinitsyna
2. Nugu
3. Meh meh meh.

As expected big disappointment again. Entire Tut-armada: get a choreographer, better 2. The constant ignoring of musical highlights, not holding positions, etc. it's such an ****ing off-turn. No kidding, Schott's 4 Seasons were way way better than Kostornaias.
Tuk. I had higher expectations. Moves were mostly seen before, not much innovation, of course program is clever constructed, if she's on, but overall not too enthusiastic for me.
Trus. We know it's a sport and I admire her grit and achievements, but I cannot oversee 2.5minutes nothing else happening. Meh.
Maiia. Dark horse. Not be surprised at all seeing her at olympics.

If Nugu is winnining Universiade skating to 'The little mermaid' I am dying :rofl:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Now, now. We all know #delusion is the hallmark of the train squad
And, if by some stroke of extreme luck, he makes the OG team, we'll never, ever hear the end of it.

SamuraiK

Managed to watch Men SP from Lombardia.

I enjoyed Adam's Vader program. I like Grassl new haircut. I dont see the appeal of Paniot besides hotness and campy crowd pleasing moves. Who's the EST kid who beat Selevko? Moris doing Eurovision stuff and alone in the K&C is so odd yet so typical of him. End of report.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
And she also coaches Kiibus, so she’s near-singlehandedly trying to give Estonia an elite skating program.
She's actually been leading the way there for quite some time. Viktor Romanenkov was one of her previous students that fought so hard to get the TES to go to Worlds, and I remember a very happy kiss & cry (2013) when he finally achieved it. And I think she also was Elena Glebova's coach for a while, too, and she had the strongest results of any Estonian women prior to Kiibus.

RoseRed

Russian Men

Our Boy - perfect music choice for him, I love it, best set of programs he's had in a couple years
Kolyada - White Crow is better and he should bring it back by Nationals, but this is nice, his lines are so good
Semenenko - :gallopin1 Ted hyping the costume changes then not happening. He's in a good place to contend for the team (Olympic, not train)
Danielian - his skating is so pretty, but the jumps... Hoping to see the program cleaner
Petr - :eek: haven't seen splats like that in a while. Hope he's okay
Andrei - I think I'll like this program a lot when it's a bit less messy, there's something about him that I just really like
Nebelhorn Kid - not sure about the program. Good luck getting the 3rd spot.
Makar - how does he have worse stamina than Dmitri? what is Rukavicin doing? Program could be good if he ever gets through it
Samarin - WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information