#TeamTrainwreck 23: Perky through the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
You’re our doggy person in here❤️❤️
How is your poodles?
:lol: My female has been faking a paw injury. When I want her to do something, she holds up her paw and acts like she's dying. I couldn't find anything wrong and was ready to haul her to the vet when I went in the kitchen and lifted the lid on their treat jar and very quietly took one out. She was standing beside me in about two seconds. No limp. I was :rofl: and she remembered she was injured, but held up the wrong paw.

S

SmallFairy

:lol: My female has been faking a paw injury. When I want her to do something, she holds up her paw and acts like she's dying. I couldn't find anything wrong and was ready to haul her to the vet when I went in the kitchen and lifted the lid on their treat jar and very quietly took one out. She was standing beside me in about two seconds. No limp. I was :rofl: and she remembered she was injured, but held up the wrong paw.
Omg that’s hilarious, what drama queen 😂😂

Vagabond

She's a sneaky one. Your long-suffering male poodle and you have to put up with a lot, but I guess the entertainment value is worth it.

J

Jeschke

Finally back home.

🇷🇺 Ice Dance FD
Ranking (as I liked program)
1. Skoptsova/Aleshin
2. Abachkina/Drozd
3. Morozov/Bagin
4. Khuda/Bazin
5. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
6. Davis/Smolkin

S/K goes nowhere for me. It's just beautiful but so zzzh. No olympic gold material.
Wished S/A would choose the 1996 movie soundtrack only.
M/B best set of programs.
K/B kinda disappointed tbh, crazy speed, but she does not shine at all, and what the hell is this silly heart?

Last edited by a moderator:

Colonel Green

Russian Test Skates - free segments (1)
Ice dance
Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy - absent :wuzrobbed
Morozov/Bagin - the long open slits on the sides of her pants are a Papadakis-level disaster waiting to happen.
Abachkina/Drozd - I'm glad that Russia has so many well-attended domestic events for teams like this.
Davis/Smolkin - good program, even if to familiar music. It's such a shame that these two couldn't do another junior season (or have a proper one last year).

Skoptcova/Aleshin - I like her, but he's a big nothing on the ice (even more generic than Morozov, and without the generational pairs talent that can balance that out when things are going well). Program is also generic as hell.
Khuda/Accessory - he isn't the most interesting on-ice presence either, but he's capable enough, and since dance is such a 'picture and frame' discipline, the fact that Khuda is a generational talent means that he can become interesting enough by osmosis. Also, the program ends with him choking her?
Sinitsina/Katsalapov - any talk about the Olympic gold being theirs in the bag should really be out the window the second you see his twizzles.:rofl: Program is nice until that bizarre final music cut.
Zahorski/Guerreiro - huh?

Men
Gumennik - :yikes:The chaos agent in me hopes that RusFed decides to live dangerously and send him to Nebelhorn.
Samarin - music cuts, WTF? Jumps seem to be working for him again, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gets him Nebelhorn and sends him right into the bossman's arms (and van).
Danielian - my favourite of the younger Russian guys to watch, but for him the jumps are still MIA after the injuries.
Mozalev - jumps mostly on. Generic program for a guy known for weird music cuts in the past. But no 4F, hooray!

Semenenko - this kid is developing decent dramatic flair. I get that it probably doesn't make sense to try to fix his jump landing technique with the Olympics so close, but Mishin had better start on that as soon as the curtain falls on Beijing or else he's going to need a double knee replacement soon.
Kolyada - artistically in a class all by himself. Jumps are unfortunately bringing a "2018 Olympic season Kolyada" vibe.
Unknown Kid - heh, I kind of like both the costume and the program, though the arrival of lyrics in the final third is kind of jarring.
Stamina King - :gallopin1 Program looks like it could be very cool if skated cleanly. Great costume.
Aliev - love the program. Obvious why he decided not to compete for Nebelhorn, but he can take comfort that he gave one of the more watchable performances in this segment.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

I’m still not over it. Did AZE federation pay Benoit Richaud for that crap of a FS Litvintsev showed today???

Dear AZE skating federation
Someone is playing games with you. You’ve been so fooled.
Please claim your money back ASAP
Yours, sincerely

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Finally back home.

🇷🇺 Ice Dance FD
Ranking (as I liked program)
1. Skoptsova/Aleshin
2. Abachkina/Drozd
3. Morozov/Bagin
4. Khuda/Bazin
5. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
6. Davis/Smolkin

S/K goes nowhere for me. It's just beautiful but so zzzh. No olympic gold material.
Wished S/A would choose the 1996 movie soundtrack only.
M/B best set of programs.
K/B kinda disappointed tbh, crazy speed, but she does not shine at all, and what the hell is this silly heart?

Did Ivan and Alexandra not compete?

J

Jeschke

🇷🇺 Guys FS:

Big big disappointment after yesterday.

1. Aliev. I love 'And the waltz goes on', choreo is foot-perfect, slide in flip is back, i am totally in :love:
2. Danielian

The rest was totally meh for me. Ignatov could be a beauty, but the running outta gas is such a turn-off, Mark WTF, Mozalen 90s Abt-wannabe-costume, Petr giving Burak a run for the golden corset, Semenenko meh and Kolyada so much meh - that propgram does nothing for me. Loud ending. Meh.

Colonel Green

Russian Test Skates - free segments (2)
Pairs
Artemeva/Nazarychev - modestly trainwrecky at the end there, but the lift issue wasn't scary, which is good.
Akopova/Rakhmanin - amazing height on the twist and distance on the throws.:eek: Fun program (Piper & Paul really spread disco far and wide throughout skating), albeit some weird pauses in the choreo where it almost looks like they forgot what's next.
Kadyrova/Balchenko - whole lotta Disney at this event, though this program doesn't use any of the more famous tracks until the very end (the one line of dialogue from Will Smith needs to be ditched, or at a minimum replaced with Robin Williams).

Boikova/Kozlovskii - these two have such a classic Russian profile that I really don't think the Spanish music fits them. Boikova continues to misfire technically way more than she used to.
Moskvina's Champions - hmm, not sure about Moskvina's packaging choices this season, this really doesn't play to Mishina's best qualities at all. But technically looking on solid ground (except for Mishina making exactly the same jump mistake Boikova did).
Tarasova/Morozov - guys, when Bourne & Kraatz were fourth at two consecutive Olympics they could at least complain that the judges were against them...:gallopin1

Ladies
Usacheva - that she's skating this early kind of says it all. Which is sad, because she's great to watch. "Never Enough", indeed.
Sinitsyna - weird to just ignore The Queen's Gambit's very famous aesthetics entirely in the costuming.
Nugu - needs to see the sea witch (Eteri) about acquiring jumping legs. PCS is beautiful, as ever.
Samodurova - Kaiya did it better.
Khromykh - I feel like if anybody is going to upset the apple cart and make the Olympic team by surprise, it will be her.

Kostornaia - the jumps are coming back, hopefully the confidence will follow.
Shcherbakova - she's been written off and come back so many times already that I won't do that here, but I don't think it's a good sign that she's marking her quads. Musicality is nice, as you'd expect.
Valieva - that triple Axel really is remarkable. Quads all went awry today, which is why people shouldn't just assume she's going to win the Olympics. Consistency with triples was the staple of Sambo-70 skaters in the previous quad, but once you bring in actual quads there's only so much consistency that can be expected from anybody.
Liza - is Liza, what you see is what you get. There's a reason she's on the train despite not fitting the criteria.
Cruella - the vibe of the program fits her really well, even if there is expectedly little choreo. If you're going to do jump drill, the jumps had better be impressive, and with her they are.

Colonel Green

Overall opinion on Petr for :gallopin1 awards:

Last season P/P were included with their test skate.
Let's face it, 2 of Petr's splat would make Top10 in the end for MESS, not to speak of POTS.
I'll go with majority here.
Yes/No?
Big yes.

This wasn't technically scored, but c'mon, it's a huge production that the whole skating fandom watches. They even fly in Ted to commentate even though his role is almost entirely superfluous. This is a competition.

Kateri

void beast

Let's face it, 2 of Petr's splat would make Top10 in the end for MESS, not to speak of POTS.
Yes/No?
He's definitely breaking my heart, but I think it's too soon to call. He's just had a growth spurt. If he's still doing this next year, then YES.

S

SmallFairy

Big yes.

This wasn't technically scored, but c'mon, it's a huge production that the whole skating fandom watches. They even fly in Ted to commentate even though his role is almost entirely superfluous. This is a competition.
Big yes.

And yes to all of the above. Just watch how the city of Chelyabinsk promoted itself around the arena. This was big for them.

Petr for MESS and POTS. Poor guy.

Vagabond

Yes/No?
Nyet!

On the other hand, Samarin has made made me stop :yawn: and start :watch:

He's still not heartbreaking, though.

RoseRed

Yes/No?
Yes, definitely.

RoseRed

Russian Ladies

Daria - well, it's not Je Suis Malade, thankfully. The vocals don't bother me, but it's not that memorable. And no 3A/quad yet. She is pleasant to watch though
Ksenia - I was half expecting Lindsay Thorngren's voice over to appear in the middle
Sofia - she just doesn't look like she's enjoying it at all anymore, which was her main selling point
Nugu - that was... very Disney
Maia - she sells the first part pretty well, kind of fierce. The Roxanne part is not good, in several ways.

Alena - nice 3A, think she'll sell the program more when she's less worried about it.
Anna - the effects of the injury on her quads are a concern, with so much competition. The program is classic Dany G for her
Kamila - I hate the program. Her 3A is solid, but I agree with @Colonel Green this is why assuming she's going to win for sure isn't smart
Liza - a very Liza program
Quad Queen Cruella - that was epic. Sure there's very little choreo or performance, but it's fun music, it suits her, and the jumps were insane.

RoseRed

Russian Dance

That was pretty uninspired. The repeat of Tiff and Jon's RD was a fun finish

M/B - I know it's Scheherazade, but her costume is so Jasmine from Aladdin that it's all I could think about. Beyond that, didn't capture me like the RD
D/S - they're good at the dramatic posing for the beginning and end, but they don't give me any passion or chemistry or compelling drama for the Roxanne section
S/A - pretty boring for me. It's fine, but there are a lot of R&J programs that I'd rewatch before this. Not much presence, especially him
S/K - it starts out like the same thing they've done the past few seasons (Michael Jackson FD aside, which I'm trying to forget), then randomly becomes Irish? And the twizzles are scary as ever
K/B - so overused contemporary classical pieces with random twists are her thing apparently? He's fine, but I still miss Nazarov

This suffered from missing a few teams I think.

I have not caught up on the Men or Pairs yet because I'm trying to work on my grad school application rn (the fact that I'm posting here should tell you how that's going).

Laney

So it has to be Samarin for NHT folks, or? :love:
@Laney prepare yourself, this will be embarassing at the highest level for me :encore:
(imagine the drama, him being sent, me not getting in)

(((Urushadze)))
Don't worry! If we can't go in, we hang around outside the rink. You know every skater has to pass us when ging back to their hotel. You will have the opportunity to emberras yourself and to entertain me. I'm sure it will be more entertaining then anything he will ever do on the ice. So I really can't wait that the two of you finally meet 😉

And of course I will report everything about it exclusivly HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information