#TeamTrainwreck 16: We do hard, not crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
yeah, yeah. Gloat all you want. :lol: Your boys did well in both their events and now your favorite dance team has gold. Your favors are done. And, that means you do not get to have a favorite in senior dance. Sorry, Hub/Don, but she used up all her skating creds. :D You can, however, still have Rizzo top 5 at senior worlds because I like him too and it's all about me.
That's a scary accurate assessment of my current week in skating and my biggest upcoming fear :D:D:D

rfisher

Let the skating begin
That's a scary accurate assessment of my current week in skating and my biggest upcoming fear :D:D:D
I, however, am still due. My favorite Russian pair team was 3rd and on her birthday no less. :drama: My favorite dance team was also 3rd. My favorite among the junior men was 4th. I don't care which Russian girl wins juniors because I like them all so, that won't count meaning I'm owed big time for senior worlds. I'm keeping that a :sekret:

And, if none of three Russian girls win today, I'll be catatonic and won't care regardless.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Ok, so I'll guess I'll take a silver for my pair, a bronze for my dancers and a silver for SavosinšŸ˜ I don't know what I want for ladies today. Maybe gold for Trusova's little doggie, as I have to admit I find those adorable. Go nail those quads girl!

S

SmallFairy

I am way behind and might not catch up with all before monday, but just finished junior men:
OMFG SAVOSIN! :love::cheer2::encore:

The greedy little bastard in me is pissed, as they butchered him really down on TES and it was so close in the end, but before the event, I would have taken silver any second, so I better shut up and am damn happy for the boy!
#alievsshirtofpower

Watching victory ceremony I get more pissed again: Tomoki not even congratulating the others! Pah!
All of this!!!

RoseRed

Indeed Phan (what did his outfit how to do with Godfather??)

Also Brazilian girl for MESS fall on spin, since her camels where absolutely decent and her program was fun, I enjoyed her. MESS for Gogolev (if he didn't injure himself) and who in the last group did sort of a belly roll? Sorry, to much happening last night ;)
He said after the skate that he scratched his leg with the blade, but it felt okay, but he didn't really know yet (or something like that).

Ka3sha

yeah, yeah. Gloat all you want. :lol: Your boys did well in both their events and now your favorite dance team has gold. Your favors are done. And, that means you do not get to have a favorite in senior dance. Sorry, Hub/Don, but she used up all her skating creds. :D You can, however, still have Rizzo top 5 at senior worlds because I like him too and it's all about me.
Am really worried not only for Hub/Don (whom I like a lot as well) now, but also for SinKats, as I got my ultimately dream podium at Junior Dance :slinkaway
I luuurve L/L Free Dance :swoon:
I luuurve Khudaberdieva/Nazarov (and he reminds me of young Katsalapov) and couldn't even dream about them being on the JWC podium and here they are :eek:
I am happy for S/E as well , and their FD is innovative and voidy

Now it's time to get ready for the Senior Worlds drama :yikes:

--
Universiade in two words and six smilies:
Rizzo :love::love::love:
Stasia :love::love::love:

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

So happy for Trusova, I do have such a soft spot for that fierce teenager and her tiny doggie. Totally happy for Cui as well. She's a lovely, young skater, who's had some rough skates and finally delivered. What a sweet moment for her :cheer:

Sinitsyna has smooth, clean technique and flow, but man, was she too young for her music. You cannot skate to Rach's Trio Elegiaque with a blank facial expression. No suffering, no pain, no emoting. :p

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Am really worried not only for Hub/Don (whom I like a lot as well) now, but also for SinKats, as I got my ultimately dream podium at Junior Dance :slinkaway
I luuurve L/L Free Dance :swoon:
I luuurve Khudaberdieva/Nazarov (and he reminds me of young Katsalapov) and couldn't even dream about them being on the JWC podium and here they are :eek:
I happy for S/E as well , and their FD is innovative and voidy

Now it's time to get ready for the Senior Worlds drama :yikes:

--
Universiade in two words and six smilies:
Rizzo :love::love::love:
Stasia :love::love::love:
My dance creds are intact, but sorry, they don't include Hub/Don. I'll give you a save for Sin/Kats and a wish for Chock/Bates to upset the Italians. Since it was pretty much a given that DoggieGirl and Anna would go 1-2 in some order, I'm holding out for senior ladies. I just want Zagitova on the podium. Don't care where, just one of the three medals so all her haterez have to grind their teeth into dust. I'm good with any of the top men and whoever doesn't land on the podium did it to themselves.

Mad for Skating

#PosterGirl didnā€™t win, but she fought and finally had two clean (especially by her standards) skates :encore:

Iā€™m a proud mama! She looked so happy at the end!

Park's LP was STUNNING. :love: One of the best Titanic programs ever. Just exquisite, nuanced, yet engaging.

So beautiful I just wanna cry. You, me, and bossman need to have a celebration for this.

J

Jeschke

Still miles behind, but finally caught up with Universiade ladies.

Overall, Universiade was a :gallopin1 highlight at its best in all disciplines. With Stasia winning this would have been totally complete, but I think we all pretty much agree that Mai deserves every ****ing gold medal she can get out there! I am still not over her missing worlds :drama:

Stasia - Love how she pushed Anna Karenina with the most intense drama choreo finally in front of the train. This was a stunning vehicle for you girl, but I am (and @alchemy void especially) relieved to see a new one next season! The knc bitchface was the best :love:
Park - OMG! This was simply stunning. So effortless and gentle. I love so many of the Korean ladies (besides You :p ), but Park stands out for me. She has that sophistiacation no one of the juniors has (right now). If this was a farewell, well done. But this just showed you are still damn much competitive, go girl!
Gerli - Shocking skate of the night! Where did that come from girl? #gerli4worlds No one needs Kiibus SP costume there!

Shoutouts to MBM, Galustyan Kuchvalska who skated way better here than they did all season. I bet @shah is still peeing himself because of that :D

Ka3sha

3T3T

That was a nice interview with Stasia, she came across really well. I liked her kindness to the Brazilian skaters, calling them ā€˜great fellowsā€™ and also her reference to ā€˜passions raging on the internetā€™ šŸ˜ Of course she was asked about Tatā€™s comment on her weight issues šŸ˜ 

On the whole I really enjoyed the Universiade. Highlights for me were E/F and Rizzo winning gold. Park, Galuystyan and Stasia in ladies. I was very impressed with Tesson in the mensā€™ never heard of him but I thought he was really musical. Great support from the Russian audience in a very impressive arena.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Overall, Universiade was a :gallopin1 highlight at its best in all disciplines. With Stasia winning this would have been totally complete, but I think we all pretty much agree that Mai deserves every ****ing gold medal she can get out there! I am still not over her missing worlds :drama:

I have to say I really enjoyed Universiade immensely. I only wish I could have watched more live.

The crowd was FANTASTIC. So encouraging to everyone, regardless if they were in 35th place or first. In particular the reception for the Brazialian guy was awesome. This is what sport is all about. :respec:

The skaters clearly were really invested in the event and seemed to take this just as seriously as a Worlds or Olympics, but without the pressure of those events, I think we got some truly exceptional performances.

My personal highlights:

Bettyā€™s RD and FD. So happy they pulled off the win here. I really like their programs and the OTT emoting. I hope they did their slutty police gala exhibition. ;)

Galustyan SP. Holy shit. Where did this come from?! Her best SP ever! She was so into Jotemā€”Iā€™ve never seen her perform like that ever. Even the jumps were rotated. This all reaffirms my point that she should skate to nothing but power ballads. Bring back COTN for Worlds, please!

Gerliā€™s LP was awesome. Never seen her jump so well. 6 big, fully rotated triples...she was on fire! And a super emotional moment with the coach after leaving the ice. I wonder if EST will switch Worlds spots after Kiibus didnā€™t make the LP cut?

Parkā€™s LP is *stunning*. Titanic is perfect for her. So nuanced and classy, yet engaging. I hope she stays in and tries to make 4CC next season? Her performance abilities have really improved over the years.

Konstantinova fought like hell for that LP and for her medal. Gritty as fck. So much respect for that. Like @Jeschke alluded to, Iā€™m so relieved to see a new LP. She has the capability to really push the artistic side of skatingā€”Iā€™d love to see a unique, modern program from her.

Kuchvalska looked a million times better than just a few weeks ago. WTH happened!? She was actually skating with speed!? I hope she continues this trend next season. Platonova looked so happy. :) Such a shame she canā€™t do Worlds.

Rizzoā€™s Queen LP is such an upgrade from the last two seasons. And Grassl has obviously motivated him. What an awesome LP and huge win for him over the train wreck Russian dudes.

Not to mention....MBM with her best LP of the season, Miharaā€™s stunning skating skills (even though that program is tired and beneath her abilities), Tursy absolutely slaying that LPā€”her best jumping ever....

Seriously this was one of the most satisfying competitions in recent years for me. Just good vibes throughout. I really hope USA and CAN start sending skaters to this event in the future.

Vagabond

Both the U.S. and Canada have sent skaters to the Winter Universiade in the past, and the U.S. has had several medalists, most of whom are obskur. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_skating_at_the_Winter_Universiadeso

In four years, the Winter Universiade will be in Lake Placid. That will be its first time in North America. I feel confident that Skate Canada and U.S. Figure Skating will find someone to send.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Finally able to catch up with JW dance:

Congrats to @levineismine . Whatever you had to do, to get your team on the top, it worked :40beers:
Lagha is really really good, I dislike Lajoie's fake overemoting though so much, I can't enjoy them much due to that.

Khuda/Nazarov - He is so damn hot and she had her own Pogo drama moment, of course I loved it. I like the little RUS upset here, though it's totally fair for me. They skated very mature, confident and seem ready for the seniors and fighting for RUS#3 2022. Him tearing up in knc in the end was everything :swoon: #softieboss

Sheremenko - Unfortunately, the entire competition, they kinda seemed flat to me. Not much into it, totally forced. That FD is stunning, a shame they skated it to its potential at their 2nd JGP and not here :gallopin1

N/K - UKR is the next country I should travel to!

Ushakova - Bitchface of the night. Loved it.

J

Jeschke

Rewatch marathon is finally over.

JW ladies:

RUS - Happy that everyone of Eteri`s trio got their big triumph at some major this season. Apart from that, Kostornaia was tremendously missed here. I gotta give it to Trus' grit but besides the kick-arse content she leaves me kinda :blah:

KOR - I enjoyed them more than all the Russians. A shame about the missed 3rd spot. That damn SP!

USA - A totally new generation coming up. Good for the US, Who would have thought, they'd be walking away with 3 spots, while JPN and KOR have to leave empty (2spots) handed?

Shiraiwa - Shoutout to that loop to end the program last second :kickass::respec: She might have looked like a dinosaur out there, but I enjoyed her the most and would have hoped she could finally walk away with a medal.

J

Jeschke

Leaving this here: :p
Early season prediction: Lajoie/Lagha for junior world gold. :cheer2:
I've seen the RD live and was really impressed with their speed.
Courageous post in here!
You are standing on the edge of an cliff and the wind is going very strong my dear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information