Survivor season 37: David vs. Goliath

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Apparently there may be some big drama tonight after producers found something post-recording and/or it was only really brought up now. The same person who was giving us accurate Big Brother spoilers all summer spilled a little bit of info in the last few days- search it if you want to be clued in before tonight.

PS- this isn’t the Instagram drama, but a new story.

Sparks

Apparently there may be some big drama tonight after producers found something post-recording and/or it was only really brought up now. The same person who was giving us accurate Big Brother spoilers all summer spilled a little bit of info in the last few days- search it if you want to be clued in before tonight.

PS- this isn’t the Instagram drama, but a new story.
One of the finalists tweeted that the "spoiler" is BS.

tony

One of the finalists tweeted that the "spoiler" is BS.

Angelina said it wasn’t true but Russell Hantz chimed in and said it was very much true— only to then have realVegas post that the votes will stand and there will be no penalty. They keep saying ‘he’ broke the rules- and if they are letting everything stand, I’d hope this person doesn’t end up winning or that’s going to be a mess

Sparks

Why would
Russell
know anything?
I don't trust everything that spoiler person says.
We shall see tonight.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I often wonder if the producers put out spoilers on their own, just to keep everyone guessing (ie tuning in) and to cover any legit spoilers by having enough out there that turn out not to be true.

Plus isn't there built in drama already because the one player isn't invited back because he social posted with another player pre-season? Maybe they want to distract from that, since in a way it looks bad on them that they couldn't control their cast.

Here's different one from yesterday that could also explain last minute scrambling for the live show -

Sparks

Plus isn't there built in drama already because the one player isn't invited back because he social posted with another player pre-season? Maybe they want to distract from that, since in a way it looks bad on them that they couldn't control their cast.
That player confirmed he is not going to the reunion. I have heard whispers about a
proposal
, however. UGH.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
A satisfying (if predictable) ending to a great season.

One of my pet peeves (maybe not a peeve, exactly, but it was just...really? Again?) all season was watching Allison check her pulse at Tribal Council. I thought she was going to get through the finale show without it, but no, right at the end, as Jeff was saying goodnight, there she went.

BaileyCatts

First ....... :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer:
I haven't cheered and screamed and yelled at the TV that loud and hard since the Olympics! Man that was fun! I would have been okay with a Davie win had he made it, but sssoooo glad Nick won!

Second ... since I have already watched the finale, what the hell y'all talking about with all this spoiler stuff??? :confused: I know about the guy who posted social media stuff before the show started, but what is this post-recording stuff? So far I don't see anything I didn't already know? :confused: ................ nevermind ... found it. :oops:

Third .... I only counted 18 people at the reunion. I know about the one guy who wasn't allowed because of the social media thing, but who else was missing and why?

Last edited:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Third .... I only counted 18 people at the reunion. I know about the one guy who wasn't allowed because of the social media thing, but who else was missing and why?

I read that Jeremy wasn't there; no idea why. I don't even remember a Jeremy.

tony

I read that Jeremy wasn't there; no idea why. I don't even remember a Jeremy.

I had to do a little looking around- I remember him being an early out but apparently he wanted to leave Ponderosa early and hasn't said much of anything positive about the experience/the others since then.

Not a surprising finale and a satisfying winner, but I wonder where all the gossip came from in the last few days. If it is true, I'd have to think Mike was the one who called it out maybe trying to get the win in after he spent the last few months maybe figuring out he didn't initially have the votes.

I think Angelina would've made it interesting in the end if she wasn't talking about doing certain things JUST to impress the jury with so few players left in the game. Some of her moves have been wild, but WTF? Had she been more certain in herself, she should've let Alison play the fake idol as she did, and then she should've given her the real one and maybe voted Mike (as a second vote with Alison) out. I'm not sure why she thought she had a better chance against Mike in the end, but she did seem annoyed that Mike beat out Kara in the fire challenge after everyone being so sure Kara would win it.

I still wonder how it would've went down if they three ladies were the final three.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
What was the gossip? I didn't see it and am too lazy to look.

Although I will say that Russell Hantz always seems plugged in and has spoiled several seasons, sometimes completely and sometimes partially, and Survivor does nothing at all about it.

sk8pics

I only watched last night through the reveal. I wanted Mike to win so I was disappointed he did not. Nick annoyed me with his incessant whining, and he had a maniacal look on his face the last couple of episodes. I suppose I can understand why he won, but I was not happy about it. I thought Mike seemed the most likable of the final 3. But I guess Nick worked the hardest. I kept thinking they needed to vote him out before he started winning challenges, and sure enough. It was no surprise he won those last 3 challenges. Oh well. I did enjoy the season a lot!

smurfy

Satisfying ending to a great season. I wish Davie had won, but Nick is good.
As much as I did not want Angelina to get to the FTC - I am happy she got no votes.
And this is the first time I really think this format of the final 4 - and the immunity winner picking someone (a goat).
It worked this time very well.

Funny that she said she knows she is interviewy. Odd. She was so smug, and I felt she was always playing to the camera and the jury. I have read that in these shows, after awhile, the folks kind of forget the camera are there.
She really things she is the most wonderful person ever. And they way she cut off Mike when a question was directed at him. Just that alone would have flipped my vote. The idol thing with Alison was just snotty and was not good jury management.

At times Mike appeared wishy washy - and not sure which way to go- but he is responsible for many evictions.
He would have deserved the win as well.
I do wonder if Nick's immunity run was the final tipping point.

A fun season.

I like Christian and do agree about being in a class with him. He would be nice in small doses.
In college, there was a guy like him in my US history class and we called him Doonesbury behind his back. He always had an opinion to share at times in class.
Our professor was an older man with a bow tie, a kind gentleman andwas discussing the post wwii us and economy and mentioned the baby boom. Doonesbury raised his hand and went on about economics and all these reasons for the baby boom. The Professor said in a tone of exasperation - I think it was due to sex. It was so funny, as that was the raciest thing out of that professors mouth. Everyone just lost it.

love skating

Clueless American
I too am happy that Nick won though I was rooting for Davie more. I think both Angelina and Mike lost because they probably rubbed people the wrong way. I think their behavior toward Allison lost them votes. Well, Angelina probably was never going to get any votes, but Mike saying Allison was losing her dignity was not a good look. I liked Mike up until about mid-season when he started to really annoy me. Maybe it's just because he targeted the people I liked though. I think Nick had a great speech too using the analogy of David vs. Goliath and what he used as his slingshot

Susan1

One of my pet peeves (maybe not a peeve, exactly, but it was just...really? Again?) all season was watching Allison check her pulse at Tribal Council. I thought she was going to get through the finale show without it, but no, right at the end, as Jeff was saying goodnight, there she went.

I noticed that a few times too. What was that?

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I had to do a little looking around- I remember him being an early out but apparently he wanted to leave Ponderosa early and hasn't said much of anything positive about the experience/the others since then.

He was the guy who fought with Natalie and was sure he was going to get her booted.

I noticed that a few times too. What was that?

I assumed she was monitoring her stress level so she could maintain calm. I just thought it was ironic--there was Allison at TC with her fingers on the pulse, only Allison rarely had her fingers on the pulse.

BaileyCatts

What was the gossip? I didn't see it and am too lazy to look.

Although I will say that Russell Hantz always seems plugged in and has spoiled several seasons, sometimes completely and sometimes partially, and Survivor does nothing at all about it.

Here is what I found, which I am only guessing might be what the gossip is about? Its in the 4th paragraph in this article. If someone knows different, please share. :lol:

https://www.inquisitr.com/5216458/survivor-david-vs-goliath-spoilers-rule-breaking-winner-finale/

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I had to look up who the other two returnees were for next season that weren’t featured in the promo, because I didn’t recognize them. One of them is David from Millenials vs Gen X, the other is none other than my personal favorite, Kelley Wentworthless :rolleyes: </snerk>

Joy.

Kultakissu

Just watched the final and yay, well done Nick! Thought he was super obnoxious in the beginning, but he really redeemed himself and then some!

And MY OH MY shaved Christian’s cheekbones? The man is MODEL BEAUTIFUL, fight me idc

tony

Every pre-season/beginning of season I think most of us are like ‘meh. This is gonna be boring’ and then something happens to make it better.

But I remember David very well and his fluctuating between trying to be tough and in charge and then the next moment complaining that he has anxiety and he’s always had it rough. He even got mocked in one tribal council for it and while it was harsh, I totally agreed. Wentworth I know was the surprising addition to the fan-picked season (via her campaigning apparently) so I’m not surprised she’s still trying. I liked Aubrey and she’s done well in both appearances but she hasn’t really done much of anything herself to get there. Maybe she will have a Sarah-like go this time around and learn that she does need to make the big moves to have a shot in the end. Joe’s too popular/well-liked to make it that far IMO.

We will see how it goes, but I do think the formula is losing steam finally. That season with no advantages or idols? I think it would be great and it would shift the mentality from everyone being paranoid all the time and on idol-hunts to actually developing alliance strategies. Maybe for the 20-year anniversary? And I don’t need to see an all-winner season.

BaileyCatts

Does anyone know what the "something happened" is that Jeff was talking about regarding how Davie was not initially picked to be on the show, but he got called in at like 40 hours before filming started (or whatever Jeff said)? What was the "something happened" thing? Did someone quit? Get injured? Cause a big fight and got kicked off? They found out someone they cast was wanted by the Law or something? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information