DWTS Season 24

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Love Simone, and Len actually said he enjoyed it very much. Great job.

ilovepaydays

DANG! Simone rocked that gold cha-cha outfit!

I wonder how well Simone will do with waltzes and maybe even tangos. Sasha will have to try and make her line look as long as possible.

VGThuy

Is there a backlash with Simone since Laurie just won and it seems like gymnasts and skaters tend to dominate this competition?

screech

I actually agree with Len's comments about Heather (though not the score). It definitely didn't need the hip hop break, and I found it took away from the fantastic jive. Also love how when chatting with Erin, MAKS was the one to bring it away from him and back to Heather's dancing.

Also, when the hell will Alan take over for Keo as a pro?!?!

Spiralgraph

I couldn't stand Charo, (and I kind of liked her way back when) I had to press the mute button when she and Keo stood before the judges. She's obnoxious. Nancy danced well but that football guy is very good.

annie720

Nancy's dance may have been my favorite just because it reminded me of the early days of this show when they would go through the steps of learning a ballroom dance. She did a real chacha and she actually danced, and the camerawork let you see her legs and the dance. No flashing lights and troupe dancers to interfere.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Nancy's dance may have been my favorite just because it reminded me of the early days of this show when they would go through the steps of learning a ballroom dance. She did a real chacha and she actually danced, and the camerawork let you see her legs and the dance. No flashing lights and troupe dancers to interfere.
Agree. The red lighting for Charo was clearly designed to keep us from seeing anything.

mtnskater

Really enjoying Nancy! First out of the gate is a tough draw. I tried to vote for her for about 45mins after the show and never got one vote through. Line was totally busy. I hope that's a good sign. Nancy is showing still what a great athlete she is. She has always struggled with her self doubts and confidence despite having so much talent....reminds me a bit of Gracie in that regard. Much more relatable though than that rich blond woman....yuck.

Skate Talker

Charro's schtick was not nearly as bad then, and at times a genuine warm personality was allowed to show through, particularly when paying the guitar iirc. Now I want her gone quickly. Poor Keo - he actually got a bit of a dancer for once but unfortunately she is off her head.

Our first casualty was the worst dancer. I know he did very well for his physical limitations but the judges can't really give him too much of a pass on that. Joe Public might have voted for him more if they had been shown this week's package on the first program, but I did not really appreciate that he was the one who voiced that he wished they had shown it earlier - that would have sounded so much better coming from Tom or Whitney even.

screech

I really think that Lindsay is emerging as the top female choreographer. She seems like she's able to bring out the best in absolutely every partner (she and Wanya were totally robbed).

And I've finally gotten my wish that Sasha be a pro (3 seasons in a row!!) but now can we PLEASE give Alan a partner! Dude learns dances in a single day, goes out and slays it when filling in (for Mark and for Maks). I'd love to see what he could do if left to his own devices. Plus he's a much more likeable (IMO) troupe member than Jenna (though Jenna had the whole dating Val thing going for her in the past, which is what could have helped her last season...)

According to Peta, Maks has tears in his calf muscles, and will be having surgery, followed by rehab, so it will take weeks for his recovery. I'd be surprised if we see him back this season, though Peta is saying 'a few weeks'. Wishing him the best for a speedy recovery! Though on the bright side, he gets to focus more on the baby...

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
WTF did they give Charo only 6 and 7??? That's probably the most authentic paso any of those judges have ever seen.

Are you kidding? I thought her scores were way too high. She was never a dancer, she just stood in place, swung her hips, & shimmied & screamed coochie coochie.

I think her schtick hasn't aged well. It was cuter when she was younger but now it's just too OTT.

Her schtick was never entertaining or cute to me. She was a good guitar player but anything else was a fridge break.

Last edited:

Aceon6

I really hate the Charo schtick, but every now and then, I remember that she's a victim of the 60s when women in entertainment were packaged by promoters and weren't allowed to deviate much less they lose their contracts. It's hard to create a new persona when the old one is so entrenched.

VGThuy

All this talk of Charo made me check out her performances, and what's with her going after Bruno with his "accent"? It's not as if he was the only one to give her lower scores, but she seemed to have it out for him before he even spoke in Round 1.

Susan1

I schtick was never entertaining or cute to me. She was a good guitar player but anything else was a fridge break.

Or go in and put my pajamas on. If I get back too soon after the dance, I've had to mute the t.v. Geez.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Now that Witney's partner is gone I really think Charo is next. No matter how badly Mr T dances a lot of people like him so I think he will get the votes for awhile. I'm not crazy about the bachelor or that woman with the long blonde hair, I think she's a singer.

My favs so far are Nancy, Rashad, Normani, & the baseball guy. I like Simone but her height detracts & I don't want Heather to win because she has been earning her living as a dancer for years.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I like Nancy. It amazes me that someone that gorgeous and so used to being in the spotlight, is still dorky and unsure. She has no artifice, and I like that too.
Nancy has always been somewhat insecure in front of the camera, and for me it doesn't exactly help such a beautiful woman and fine skater/dancer as her.

Aceon6

Nancy has always been somewhat insecure in front of the camera, and for me it doesn't exactly help such a beautiful woman and fine skater/dancer as her.
When Nancy was skating junior, she was labeled for all the things she wasn't. Those things stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information