DWTS Season 24

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Nancy has always been somewhat insecure in front of the camera, and for me it doesn't exactly help such a beautiful woman and fine skater/dancer as her.

I don't quite understand your post. What doesn't help for you?

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I don't quite understand your post. What doesn't help for you?
I meant it doesn't seem best when such a beautiful lady & talented skater is nervous before the cameras. Tuktamysheva often appears shy, which for me is part of her charm. Flatt was always chipper, again for me part of her charm. Nancy, for some rather obvious reasons, always seemed a little nervous. Made me feel for her, and despise the jackasses who added to such a situation, but also made me hope she could relax more. Just my own personal tastes.

nubka

Keo has shown more smiles and personality so far this season, then in all his past seasons combined - Charo may be mucho hyper, but I think she has a positive effect on him!:rollin:

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Nancy and Normani (is that her name? I think I have everyone else's down but her's) had the best dances tonight. Kudos to Artem for choreographing a straight samba with no gimmicks or props.

Have we ever had a contestant flying out of the country (to Asia, none the less) in between shows? :wideeyes: you go, girl! But I have to wonder if the jet lag and Killer Fatigue (TAR term :D ) is going to kick in before too long.

David Ross had me in tears of laughter, and I seriously hope he can make it deep into the season. Sometimes this show needs his kind of entertainment.

Simone seems pretty middle of the pack so far, I hope she can start to emote a bit more and can nose up to the lead.

Erika, the bachelor, and Mr. T (who I actually really like, he's super humble and is trying hard and open to learning new things) seem to be the low hanging fruit now that Charo is out.

Katha

Nancy produced the best samba of all the skaters on DWTS so far IMO, even though she's by far the oldest when competing here and decades away from her active skating career. Great dance with lots of difficulty. Normani and Val killed it as well. I was somewhat underwhelmed by Heather, but my hatred of their costumes might have overpowered everything else there. Talk about unflattering! Simone is a typical power gymnast, and while Val got some flak last season for staying fairly traditional with Laurie, one thing that accomplished was that it forced her to break out of her typical gymnast patterns because there was no choice but to dance with him. I think Sasha might need to become more insistent on that as well.

skatfan

I have to eat my words. I thought Nancy would be stiff and not a great dancer - I was very wrong! She's had two great dances, and Artem looks thrilled.

Simone reminds me of Shawn Johnson the first time she competed - it took a while before she opened and expressed more. I'd only put her in the top 5 or 6 right now.

Heather and Normani killed it too. Just wonderful.

skatesindreams

Nancy produced the best samba of all the skaters on DWTS so far IMO, even though she's by far the oldest when competing here and decades away from her active skating career. Great dance with lots of difficulty.
She's had two great dances, and Artem looks thrilled.

Nancy seems to be genuinely enjoying herself, as well; which likely is a surprise to some.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Nancy and Normani (is that her name? I think I have everyone else's down but her's) had the best dances tonight. Kudos to Artem for choreographing a straight samba with no gimmicks or props.

Have we ever had a contestant flying out of the country (to Asia, none the less) in between shows? :wideeyes: you go, girl! But I have to wonder if the jet lag and Killer Fatigue (TAR term :D ) is going to kick in before too long.

David Ross had me in tears of laughter, and I seriously hope he can make it deep into the season. Sometimes this show needs his kind of entertainment.

Simone seems pretty middle of the pack so far, I hope she can start to emote a bit more and can nose up to the lead.

Erika, the bachelor, and Mr. T (who I actually really like, he's super humble and is trying hard and open to learning new things) seem to be the low hanging fruit now that Charo is out.

Add the cowboy to the low hanging fruit category. He's just not doing it for me. I hope that he, the bachelor, & Erika all go before Mr T. I'm enjoying his packages more than his actual dancing. He adds to the show (for me).

So far I think Nancy, Normani, & Rashad (the football player) are the best then David Ross. I really liked Heather on Glee (the one season I watched) but she's a ringer & I don't want her to win. What's surprising to me is that she's not the best dancer so far. Simone is doing the steps, but she's not dancing yet. But I think she'll get there.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
^Nancy was great and had the best "dance" of the night for me. She really had the samba vibe and footwork and her routine didn't rely on elaborate props, sets, and gimmicks or a bevy of extra dancers. It was obvious why she earned a 9 from Len. Normani's performance was a show stopper, but I didn't think it had enough fox trot content. I enjoyed several other dances, but Nancy was the highlight for me (who wishes there was less staging and more dancing, although i guess it helps mask limitations and makes it more watchable for many viewers) .

BaileyCatts

So real ballroom dance question here .... which ballroom dance is it again that you are not allowed to break the hold, because every time I think 'oh its this one', they break their hold in the middle of the dance and do little dancey dance steps without being in their hold! Remember in one of the very early seasons when the Judges totally coming down on someone (who I can't remember now) for breaking the hold in the middle of the dance, you (Pro Dancer) know better than to do that, I was disappointed you did that in your routine blah blah blah. It was one of the first times that I remember them kind of really reaming someone who was one of the better dancers. Who was that again?????? Now its making me crazy trying to remember.

mtnskater

Nancy burned the floor with that samba. :smokin: :rockstar: Loved it! Thought she should have had more 9's. Artem ecstatic...nice to see.

People have been criticizing her style forever. :huh: I always thought she was an athletic talent with a beautiful natural gracefulness. She was always Grace Kelly on ice for me. So many of her programs are on my favorites list. I am really enjoying her journey on DWTS and so glad to see her having so much fun. Great to see Kristi and her daughters in the audience too!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
@BaileyCatts The rules are different for International and American/smooth. In the early seasons, they judged on International. IIRC, when they added all the new dances, they start judging on American which has fewer hold requirements. Len will still complain if there's a break in a classic (not Argentine) tango, though.

VGThuy

Nancy burned the floor with that samba. :smokin: :rockstar: Loved it! Thought she should have had more 9's. Artem ecstatic...nice to see.

People have been criticizing her style forever. :huh: I always thought she was an athletic talent with a beautiful natural gracefulness. She was always Grace Kelly on ice for me. So many of her programs are on my favorites list. I am really enjoying her journey on DWTS and so glad to see her having so much fun. Great to see Kristi and her daughters in the audience too!

I do think people were quick to judge Nancy's potential here based on her amateur (and maybe some pro) routines from over 20 years ago when she was under the artistic thumb of Evy Scotvold.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
IMO she'll not go far. She has zero following on her videos. And Artem isn't a big star yet.

Katha

IMO she'll not go far. She has zero following on her videos. And Artem isn't a big star yet.
She's dancing pretty well, so she'll probably get into the second half of the season. That she wouldn't make finals was clear since the cast announcement. This season is just stacked with both ringers and people with much larger fanbases, she can't overcome that. Since she's coming across rather well and the partnership with Artem is working, she'll perhaps have a shot to overcome one or two of the "hunks" who can't dance. I'm pretty certain that Nancy will outlast both Mr. T and Erika, then IMO she might have a chance to get past Nick and/or Bonner (if people get annoyed enough with the showmance and his bad dancing). David doesn't have to do any dancing, people will just find him adorable and vote for him. And she's not making it past Heather, Normani, Rashad and Simone.

mtnskater

I do think people were quick to judge Nancy's potential here based on her amateur (and maybe some pro) routines from over 20 years ago when she was under the artistic thumb of Evy Scotvold.

I mostly loved Mary Scotvold's choreography for Nancy. She also created incredible memorable programs for Paul Wylie. She was not into the sexy like Bezic, but I found her programs modern and interesting at the time.

Susan1

Nancy's base is probably older women who remember 1994. They are more likely to phone vote and probably not viewing the videos. My guess is top 6. Glad she's enjoying it so much!

Next week's supposed to be their "most memorable year". Any guesses what Nancy's will be? Duh!

Oh, I was watching Celebrity Name Game and Nancy Kerrigan was a clue. Whoever it was described her as a gymnast who got hit on the knee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information