DWTS Season 24

Ursula

This is why I hate the show. In no way did Nancy deserve to go home yet. Also, it bothered me that Rashad only got something like 54% of the viewer vote in the dance off against the absolutely atrocious David. Ugh.

Since it was a double elimination, I would have eliminated Dave and Bonner. Nick is pretty weak, but I think he should have stayed one more time. Some people seem to hate his personality. I don't get it, but maybe that's because I've never watched The Bachelor. On this show, he is a decent human being who wants to improve. OTOH, it's not like he's really good, so I'm not as bothered by his elimination as I am Nancy's.

mtnskater

No way! So bummed Nancy went. Not fair :mitchell: I felt like the judges overly harsh criticism of her paso last week would do her in. At least I don't have to watch any more this season. Really only tuned in to watch Nancy and thought she did a wonderful job. She looks the best (amazing) shape I've seen her in a long time... and I can tell she had a great time. Not interested in watching Bonner or David. Rashad, Simone and Normani are young and really good so no surprise they will probably be in the finals. But I thought Nancy should have been around two more weeks (finishing ahead of Bonner and David). :blah::wuzrobbed

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Out of curiousity, I'm not very consistent in watching DWTS, does Sharna have a strong enough fanbase to keep her and Bonner on the show even though he doesn't seem to generate anywhere near the level of excitement out of fans that some of her previous partners have?

bardtoob

Nancy did a wonderful job! The show is now a coronation for Simone, and will be less entertaining. I think it is unfortunate because I think Nancy would have made improvements when feeling more head to head pressure with Simone.

Scrufflet

David is staying because he is such a strong personality, very likeable. I'm glad to see the back of the Bachelor. I do think Bonner and David have reached their limits in dance. A shame to see Nancy go as I thought she was still improving. To me Simone still looks like a gymnast rather than a dancer but I must admit that routine was inspired. I think maybe I've seen one gymnast too many. Rashad and Normani are the most interesting left. I'd like to see them as the final two. I wonder if voters are a little tired of the Maks/Peta story and are more into the Emma/Sasha story this time around. Really not sure about that. The voting is a mystery to me.

screech

Out of curiousity, I'm not very consistent in watching DWTS, does Sharna have a strong enough fanbase to keep her and Bonner on the show even though he doesn't seem to generate anywhere near the level of excitement out of fans that some of her previous partners have?
She does. Sharna has kid of emerged as the favourite female pro in the last few years (especially when Peta was away last year).

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

A lot of people I know (including me) love Sharna & want her to get her 1st mirror ball. I don't know if that will keep Bonner in till the end but I think it has helped up to this point. I haven't voted for him but obviously others have. I thought he was worse than Nick.

I think Normani is much better than Simone. They both are precise on the steps but Normani is actually dancing, not doing a floor routine. I want her or Rashad to win. But it's useless to complain about who goes home as though it's the producers' fault. It's the voters' fault. I'm not sure what impact the judges' scores have vs the voters.

skatesindreams

I think that Sharna "consolidated" her position as a leading pro when she partnered James Hinchcliffe.
I think Normani is much better than Simone. They both are precise on the steps but Normani is actually dancing, not doing a floor routine.
I couldn't agree more!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Nancy did a wonderful job! The show is now a coronation for Simone, and will be less entertaining. I think it is unfortunate because I think Nancy would have made improvements when feeling more head to head pressure with Simone.

I actually enjoyed Nancy's dancing more than Simone's. Nancy wS actually dancing. Simone was doing gymnastics, and doing them very well, of course.

I don't like the men that have stayed, except Rashad. He brings something to the show. The others - David and Bonner do nothing except hold up their female partners while they do their tricks. These two men should have been eliminated long ago.

I don't know who Normani is. The judges seem to like her. Now I want to see Simone and Rashad in the finals and I will be rooting for her to win.

Ladida

I find this season quite boring, the line up looked very nice and the people are nice and the dances are nice... but nothing really stands up for me. Simone is too similar to Laurie (for me :)), Rashad is not as entertaining as I hoped, and Normani looks little bit too reserved. I thought I would never said that, but I miss Derek and Mark´s crazy costumes.:cold:

Spiralgraph

I don't know who Normani is either. but I agree with those who think she's a better dancer than Simone. Still, Simone is very good and should be in the final three along with Rashad and Normani.
But now that Nancy was eliminated I have less reason to watch DWTS.

Ladida

Sometimes I think it would cool to pair up Simone with Tony so we could have two eternal white smiles together :D

skatesindreams

I suspect that some of Simone's problem is that she has been quite "sheltered"; and doesn't "project" as a dancer would.
She is technically proficient.
However, her level of performance suffers, particularly when compared to Normani.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I suspect that some of Simone's problem is that she has been quite "sheltered"; and doesn't "project" as a dancer would.
She is technically proficient.
However, her level of performance suffers, particularly when compared to Normani.
Really sad that my fears about Nancy were confirmed :( but very glad that she danced so well, with the added bonus of looking fantastic in that stunning red dress. :respec: DWTS has always been more about fan base than dance performance, but it still annoys me when someone who has been doing routines with lots of dance content, and doing them well, is eliminated before those doing less and performing at lower levels.

Of those left, Normani is by far the best dancer -- her Argentine tango last night was killer. I like Sharna and hope that she wins one season, but it won't be with Bonner.

Last edited:

screech

Normani absolutely was the best dance of the night, but I still find there to be something 'heavy' about her dancing. I also kept being reminded of Val and Rumer's rumba to the same song (though in English).

I really enjoyed the routine Sasha and Simone had, but she's kind of dead in the face while dancing. Yes she's smiling, but it's completely vacant. The actual routine was fantastic.

Nancy's best dance was last night. I found they took too long to get into the actual dance (much like last week) but the actual dance was fantastic. And she did look absolutely stunning.

bardtoob

I will say ... I think Simone could have a post gymnastics career in physical comedy.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I'm not watching tonight -- I never would have guessed that Nancy's leaving last week would have made such a drop in my interest in continuing to watch DWTS. I likely will tune in for the finale, when they bring back everyone for another dance.

nubka

I'm not so sure about that coronation. The judges have really been on her lately about her lack of emotional expression/connection with Sasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information