DWTS Season 24

skatfan

After Heather & Maks' great dance tonight, I'm really sorry to see them go. Carry-Ann was right, there was a sparkle from Maks tonight that hadn't seen in a long time.

Plus I can't stand Nick so bummed.
Really liked Maks tonight - Heather was very very good. But. There hasn't been much emotional investment in Heather's performances, plus that crappy Disney program and Maks' absence probably suppressed votes. Still boo-worthy.

Loved the guys team dance! But why did they get all the production value and then the gals' dance lost the lights at the end. I thought it was telling that Val did super difficult lift in the solo spot with Normani, and Simone basically did nothing. Normani is gonna go all the way while Simone gets left in the dust. Simone looked very juniorish doing the Beyoncé song - she doesn't have the swagger that Laurie H did.

bardtoob

The story of Nancy's life, terrible music and choreography but the technical requirements were competently delivered . . . Paso Doble

5.6, 5.7, 5.6, 5.6

Simone looked very juniorish doing the Beyoncé song . . .

Poor Destiny's Child. History will remember you just as Beyoncé's early back-up singers.

Last edited:

PeterG

Am I the only one who thinks David has a Clydesdale-ish aspect to his dancing? (I was going to put dancing in quotation marks, but though that might be a little too much...) :p

mrr50

I don't think Nancy looked comfortable at the beginning of that dance, the cage was just weird. Nick can go any time, he's not a good dancer. I wonder if Nancy was the second 'in danger of elimination' so they could say that one entire team was safe?

mattiecat13

I'm OK with Heather going. Her personality didn't really grab me and perhaps there has been some audience backlash against the "ringers." Speaking of ringers, while I used to love Maks and Val, I tire of them getting the best dancers now that Mark and Derek are gone. Can't the producers spread the wealth a bit so the other pros have a chance to win?

As for Nick, while I didn't think I would like him, I do. He has a nice self-deprecating sense of humor and tries really hard. I thought the judges were unnecessarily harsh on him and also on David. They must be doing well in fan voting.

And the boys got hosed in the team dances. The judges even said how much better the boys were than the girls and then they give the girls a higher score? What's up with that?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I didn't think this was Nancy's best dance. She was a bit tense at the beginning, but I thought she got it back in the end. I would have liked to see her be able to do paso doble to a different song.

I thought Nancy had a legitimate concern about the song. If she could remember that Mel B danced the paso to the same song then others could too. There's no way that Nancy wouldn't come off 2nd rate vs Mel B in a passionate dance. Also I hated the booing. Did the audience want Nancy to go? I think her body of work is more compelling than Heather's.

My least favorite dances last night were Nick's & Bonner's. They were definitely a step backwards for both. I like David so much personality-wise that I'm not as critical of him but he has done much better in the past. My favorite was Normani's. She deserved the first perfect score IMO.

Last edited:

annie720

And the boys got hosed in the team dances. The judges even said how much better the boys were than the girls and then they give the girls a higher score? What's up with that?

They must want a guy to go next week.

I'm very much ok with Heather and Maks leaving. She can come back as a pro. ;)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Haven't watched the singles yet. When I started watching it was the first team number. I hated it so much that I changed channels. Will watch the singles on yt.

I was worried at the end that Nancy may have to leave but it was the 'perfect' team that had to - the irony of it!

The only reasons I am watching DWTS this time are Nancy and Simone. So it's better fir me to just DVR and only watch what really interests me. I think Rashad is good. Couldn't stand David. Really sloppy.

mattiecat13

It's funny how Normani and Simone are the same age but are worlds apart in life experience. Just goes to show how sheltered elite athletes are. Of course, Nancy is older but wasn't great at bringing the sexy either, nor was Kristi. Meryl did a lot better than I had expected.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I've been a fan of Fifth Harmony ever since they 1st formed but I never realized how beautiful Normani is. She & Nancy are my favorite females & Rashad is my favorite male. Favorite dance last night: Normani & Val, least favorite: Nick & Peta.

Spiralgraph

I thought Nancy had a legitimate concern about the song. If she could remember that Mel B danced the paso to the same song then others could too. There's no way that Nancy wouldn't come off 2nd rate vs Mel B in a passionate dance. Also I hated the booing. Did the audience want Nancy to go? I think her body of work is more compelling than Heather's.... IMO.

I agree completely Mel B owned that song with her paso and I'm surprised the producers of DWTS let Nancy's remarks about the song go on the air. Usually they don't like much criticism about how they set up the dances.

Something else that worked against Heather. I don't think any celebrity will match the chemistry
that Meryl had with Maks. Perhaps viewers (and especially here on FSU) would be comparing Heather's partnership with Maks and Alan against the standard set by Meryl.
Anyway, I don't even think Heather was the best dancer regardless of her ringer label, I like Rashad and Normani.

screech

I was pleasantly surprised with Nick. A few times he actually gave constructive criticism, and other times it was basically Bruno-esque comments.

I feel like this is the first season that I've found Artem relaxed and likeable.
IMO Normani is a great dancer, but I find she dances a bit 'heavy'. Nothing about her body (which is fantastic!) but her actual dancing is heavy.

I always loved Maks and Val, but I'm growing a bit tired of the Chmerkovskiys too. The last few years I would think that if I were ever to do the show I'd pick Val for my partner. Now I'd possibly pick Sasha. Or Alan.

skatfan

1. Well, this is weird. I guess Maks and Peta had some guy try to break into their house about 1:30 am Tuesday. Supposedly Maks wasn't available for the interview on Good Morning because of this - but wouldn't he have to be on the plane right after the live show was completed to make it to NY in time? None of that timing works: the altercation was after he would have needed to be on the plane, so I guess he hadn't packed to go to NY and stayed behind?

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I don't think Nancy looked comfortable at the beginning of that dance, the cage was just weird. Nick can go any time, he's not a good dancer. I wonder if Nancy was the second 'in danger of elimination' so they could say that one entire team was safe?
They could say that "one entire team is safe" just because the one being eliminated was not on it.
Sometimes the second person "in danger" hasn't been "in danger" at all.
Yep, "fake jeopardy" for various reasons of the show's producers. I am hoping that Nancy wasn't the second lowest last night, because she had much better scores from week 5 than she did from last night's dance. Because I have not been sure that she has been getting enough votes to overcome the fan bases of others on the show, I have given her all of my votes each week.

BaileyCatts

1. Well, this is weird. I guess Maks and Peta had some guy try to break into their house about 1:30 am Tuesday. Supposedly Maks wasn't available for the interview on Good Morning because of this - but wouldn't he have to be on the plane right after the live show was completed to make it to NY in time? None of that timing works: the altercation was after he would have needed to be on the plane, so I guess he hadn't packed to go to NY and stayed behind?

On the GMA spot, they don't always fly to NYC the night they get voted off. They do a satellite feed from LA. Heather was in LA for the interview as well, so she didn't go either. Frankly if it was me, I wouldn't hightail it out of LA to make that GMA spot "live and in person" either. They are only on for like 2 minutes, if that. Not everyone goes to NYC immediately after they get booted, except for the Finale show where the Top 3-4 usually are there the next day. There have been others who did the segment from LA as well, so its not unusual at all. They probably never planned on flying out for the interview.

Barbara Manatee

Something else that worked against Heather. I don't think any celebrity will match the chemistry that Meryl had with Maks. Perhaps viewers (and especially here on FSU) would be comparing Heather's partnership with Maks and Alan against the standard set by Meryl.
Not me, once a season is over, it's over. I think that's standard for most reality shows and I doubt many viewers care about old partnerships.

skatfan

On the GMA spot, they don't always fly to NYC the night they get voted off. They do a satellite feed from LA. Heather was in LA for the interview as well, so she didn't go either. Frankly if it was me, I wouldn't hightail it out of LA to make that GMA spot "live and in person" either. They are only on for like 2 minutes, if that. Not everyone goes to NYC immediately after they get booted, except for the Finale show where the Top 3-4 usually are there the next day. There have been others who did the segment from LA as well, so its not unusual at all. They probably never planned on flying out for the interview.

I guess that's changed in more recent seasons- they used to always go to NYC. Thanks for the correction.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Double elimination tonight, which I never like and especially tonight because I think that Nancy may be one of the two leaving. My choice would be Bonner and Nick, but my choices don't often match with the majority of those voting. Hope at the very least that Nancy dances well tonight -- I've really enjoyed seeing her on the show.

Firedancer

Bonner and Nick are my choice as well. I'm honestly surprised Bonner is still here. Nancy has exceeded my expectations and seems like she has truly enjoyed being on the show. I hope it is not her week to go.

Desperado

Did Bonner dance at all in this skit? I really liked the concept and him jumping on the table, but the dancing was pretty meh for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information