2019 Golden Globes Red Carpet and Awards Ceremony

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I prefer that foreign language films are separate from English language films when it comes to nominations in various categories. We don't know All the foreign films, so it is possible that many deserving ones don't get nominated for an award outside the foreign film category, but one of them dominates multiple categories. This has bothered me for a long time.

peibeck

Simply looking
I don't think it's an upset that Alfonso Cuaron won director. He's won virtually every directing award this year. Cooper could win actor, but the recent favorite has been Rami Malek for "Bohemian Rhapsody." I guess in another 7 hours we'll know. :p

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't think it's an upset that Alfonso Cuaron won director. He's won virtually every directing award this year. Cooper could win actor, but the recent favorite has been Rami Malek for "Bohemian Rhapsody." I guess in another 7 hours we'll know. :p

I have seen mixed reviews of Roma. Some raved over it but some thought it was overrated because it has no story, just visuals. I have not seen it yet.

VGThuy

I prefer that foreign language films are separate from English language films when it comes to nominations in various categories. We don't know All the foreign films, so it is possible that many deserving ones don't get nominated for an award outside the foreign film category, but one of them dominates multiple categories. This has bothered me for a long time.

Only foreign films that meet the qualifications with a U.S. theatrical release in L.A. are eligible for Oscars in the major categories AND all movies have to be submitted for consideration for awards, so that narrows down the field to something manageable. They aren't considering EVERY movie released in the world. That'd be impossible.

peibeck

Simply looking
Actress (TV Series Comedy): Rachel Brosnahan ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Presenter Justin Hartley is just :grope:

After a hot mic caught Chrissy Metz calling nominee Alison Brie a B****, I'm sure she's grateful Brie didn't win. :p

screech

Not necessarily that he deserved it, but it's just that the Globes likes to reward 'names'.
I hope Rami wins, but I'm not holding out hope. IMO he completely deserves it.

screech

Awww, at the word "The" I thought The Good Place had won it for a moment.
ETA: Also, seeing how emotional Chuck Lorre was, I looked him up - this is the first 'major' award he's won!! That completely shocked me.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't watch TV programs (series or drama or comedy, etc.), so the TV awards are rather uninteresting to me. I acknowledge the work that goes into those shows. I am just not a watcher, so I don't know the characters the actors are playing. It means I have no opinion.

screech

It amazes me that Dick Van Dyke is 93 freaking years old! I bet if he hadn't recently injured his knee he'd have spent that whole time on stage dancing.

screech

Ricky Martin once again having the time of his life. I adore him!!! He should be at every awards show.

Also, I like Halle Berry's dress.

Allskate

Not a fan of Anne Hathaway's dress.

I didn't care for The Favourite, but I did think the performances were great.

ETA: Olivia Colman's speech, dress, and acting performance were all fabulous.

screech

Don't love Anne's dress (or makeup) either, but as previously mentioned, I really like Olivia's dress, though it's not something I would ever wear.
She was adorable in her speech, and Rachel looked like she was having a blast during Olivia's speech.

peibeck

Simply looking
Janelle Monet looks amazing except for that bottlecap on her head. :shuffle:

ETA: Only 4 more awards to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information