2019 Golden Globes Red Carpet and Awards Ceremony

Desperado

Don't love Jamie's hair, and I also kind of wish she would be introduced by her title. "And from Halloween... Jamie Lee Curtis, Baroness Haden-Guest."
True, but loved her look nonetheless, especially the bold white hair which I assume is natural. My favourite so far is Danai Gurira though.

peibeck

Simply looking
Considering a press corp hosts this show and they are based in LA, you'd think they could have hired a decent writer of these between award bits. :shuffle:

peibeck

Simply looking
Best Musical Score (Movie): First Man

ETA: Taylor Swift a surprise presenter, and is dressed amazingly.

screech

Sneaky way to ensure Taylor Swift shows up to the Globes to support her boyfriend without having walk the carpet and having her appearance be all about her relationship (her boyfriend is in the nominated film The Favourite)

I liked her dress at first glance, but hated that the end of the lining part of the dress was so visible.

peibeck

Simply looking
Support Actress (Film): Regina King ("If Beale Street Could Talk")

And her dress is my second favorite of the night, behind Lupita.

screech

Love the material of Regina's dress (though it looks very uncomfortable on the chest). Also love the colour of Allison Janney's dress.

screech

Love Kristen Bell's dress, and like Megan Mullally's too (the colour is spectacular).

No surprise Sandra won, but Keri Russell absolutely should have won. Sandra's parents are too cute.

Allskate

I've never seen the show, but it makes me happy to see Sandra Oh so happy.

ETA: I barely recognized Megan Mullally other than her voice.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Best Leading Actress in a TV Drama was such a stacked category. Any of those women probably could have won and it would have been the right choice.

peibeck

Simply looking
No surprise Sandra won, but Keri Russell absolutely should have won. Sandra's parents are too cute.

The most recent buzz on the web was Julia Roberts would win, as the HFPA are such star-whores. (And her Amazon series was well received too.)

I've never seen the show, but it makes me happy to see Sandra Oh so happy.

It's very intense, but I totally loved Jodie Comer, who is Sandra Oh's evil foil in the show. I'm sad she didn't get a nomination.

peibeck

Simply looking
The Oscars have time limits. Some exceed it while the music plays but the speakers are too much time here.

Even at the Oscars they let the big winners drone on. Lord knows, that's why it lasts 4 hours or more.

screech

Bit of an upset there! From all I read, Richard E Grant was pretty much expected to sweep awards season.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Mahershala Ali in Greenbook wins supporting actor. His was practically a co-lead role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information