2019 Golden Globes Red Carpet and Awards Ceremony

peibeck

Simply looking
Supporting Actress (TV): Patricia Clarkson ("Sharp Objects")

I didn't see this series, but the book is creepy a.f.

screech

Christian Bale will always be Jack Kelly from Newsies for me. I also always forget he's British, since he's so brilliant at accents. He also seems really chipper and hilarious tonight. Love him!

Also, though his reasons for not being there are absolutely great, it's too bad Lin Manuel couldn't be at the Globes when nominated for lead actor in his first movie role.

screech

Nice to see CZJ and Antonio Banderas together again (I still love The Mask of Zorro)

VGThuy

I hate that foreign films can't be up for Best Picture at the Globes. It would have made some of that race more exciting this year since the eligible films have been sort of blah so far this year.

peibeck

Simply looking
Idris Elba's daughter looks so bored as Alfonso Cuaron gives his acceptance speech for "Roma." :lol:

screech

Catherine Zeta Jones' dress is so 80s.
Amber Heard's dress is 80s!!!
Love Darren Criss' blazer. And also that just like the Emmys, Ricky Martin looks so overjoyed for Darren's win.
I'm sure he's really grateful, but something about Daren comes off as not quite fully sincere.

peibeck

Simply looking
This is going to run long, lifetime achievement for Jeff Bridges and 8 more awards still to present.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Tyler Perry's "Yes, we are really this drunk" gave me a chuckle. But most of the "funny" stuff, just, to me, isn't. Including Rudolph and Pohler. Different strokes and all.

screech

Definitely preferred Carol's speech to Jeff's. Though Jeff's speech sounds more clear than it was a few years ago when it sounded like had marbles in his mouth.

screech

Though from all I've read, Alfonso deserves it, it's kind of an upset that Bradley didn't win.
Which IMO just means Bradley's going to be winning best actor.
I'm kind of grooving in my seat at the Roma music, though.

Desperado

:rofl: Jeff Bridges rambling like Trump at one of his rallies. But he did mention "Fabulous Baker Boys" which is one of my favorite film scripts of all time and a very overlooked movie.
It’s one of mine too. He didn’t mention Michelle Pfeiffer though. Can’t remember him thanking any woman through that speech outside of his wife, and I love Jeff Bridges. Movies have been an old boys network for a very long time and that encapsulated it very well.

VGThuy

Cuaron absolutely deserved this award. I don't get why Bradley Cooper was a media created front-runner for this award. When I saw A Star is Born, I wasn't very impressed with the directing (among other things) as I felt it was just checking off ingredients to win awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information