Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedwig

Antique member
Popped the solo jump. A flip I think. Fall out of the double axel. Still a good effort all in all!

kalle

Yep, popped flip and step out of 2A. But her 3Z looked huge. Keep it together tmrw, Gracie, you've got this!

I wonder if she was very nervous..I mean still a long time away from competition!
So glad she got the SP done and hopefully, she will be able to hold it together in the LP. It's a bit emotional when you know her journey and what she has been through these past few years.
Most of all, I really,really hope she is skating for herself and happy to be back in front of an audience.

mgobluegirl

From last season, at Sectionals all the senior ladies skaters hit the 75 TES mark but at Nationals, Miller (68), Hicks (72), and Biechler (62) didn't make it.

For pairs, all teams at Nationals made the 68 points (Serafini and Tran barely though)

For dance, the lowest 4 placed teams didn't hit the minimum of 65.

For men, the lowest 5 placing men didn't hit the min of 92, and those same 5 guys didn't achieve that min score at Sectionals either, along with Kulenkamp and Savary (who did get the 92 at Nationals). So yea, we could end up with a 13 person men's field...

This is off-topic for this thread, but I for one am SO glad that a minimum TES will weed out the bottom senior dance teams from nationals. It sounds mean, but that level of skating does not belong at a national-level event, and every year there seem to be at least 3-4 teams who aren't near the same standard as the others, but because 4 from each section qualify plus byes, they get in every year.

natsulian

I have never seen such a packed house for Regionals. People who went said that a lot of people had to stand because the house was packed.

I am so proud of Gracie and I cannot wait to see her Long. Best of luck to everyone and to our golden girl. Also, congrats to Emily for breaking the 60 barrier and landing the 3S+3Lo.

all_empty

Considering that Lucinda Ruh skated for Switzerland, we never saw the likes of her at Nationals to begin with ;), but I was also thinking of Stephanie Rosenthal as an example of a highlight skater who probably wouldn't make the grade in today's system. It's a shame, but the sport has changed and I'm not sure a skater like Rosenthal would make it to Nationals today even without the minimum tech score requirement. It seems like even the lower ranked skaters in recent years have up to a 3Lz, even if they aren't able to consistently execute their jumps.

I used Lucinda as an example of someone with great spins and spirals and artistry but not good jumps. Obviously I know that she didn't compete in the U.S. (though she lived here for awhile).

But even someone like Naomi Nari Nam, who really only had a solid 2A and 3T, wouldn't make it nowadays with that content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information