#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
So when do we get a new thread title? After all the nationals and before Euro/4CC? Before Russian (junior and senior), US and Japanese nationals? (Sorry Canadians not much mystery going on as to who will get the Canadian titles and trip to 4CC/Worlds). Or before Junior/Senior Worlds

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Aymoz. So sloppy. Silver is a joke! This melodramatics afterwards ain't no fun no more :shuffle:

If Romsky had just landed his lutzes better and managed combos, he could have been 2nd but alas. Kevin being silver is okay simply because he had such a big lead in the SP. Also, he needs to keep his spot on the train secure and he managed to do that today by winning a medal, making GPF and still managing many a :gallopin1 moment on and off the ice :D

Also I’m glad the blonde tips are gone, now Babou just has to follow suit!

pinky166

So uh, Eunsoo Lim. As much as I hate to even suggest it, she seems to be making a case to join the team :gallopin1

Those pogosplats on the lutzes were hard to watch :fragile: and the teary yet dramatic bows after her skate were also reminiscent of Pogo at 2017 worlds... :slinkaway

I know bossman is a fan, what do we think, can she be on the watchlist?

Kateri

void beast
So uh, Eunsoo Lim. As much as I hate to even suggest it, she seems to be making a case to join the team :gallopin1

Those pogosplats on the lutzes were hard to watch :fragile: and the teary yet dramatic bows after her skate were also reminiscent of Pogo at 2017 worlds... :slinkaway

And she's definitely had bizarre off-(competitive)ice incidents!

Dobre

I don't know what is happening with her triple lutz+triple toe combo this season. She's always been a bit hit or miss, but her percentages on the combo used to be much better. Some of her jumps are taking off at such a steep angle. Feels reminiscent of Kostner during a tough season.

Mad for Skating

I’m for it! She reminds me of So-youn Park, Bossman’s other Korean fave :)

pinky166

I don't know what is happening with her triple lutz+triple toe combo this season. She's always been a bit hit or miss, but her percentages on the combo used to be much better. Some of her jumps are taking off at such a steep angle. Feels reminiscent of Kostner during a tough season.

She does look tall and limby like Kostner but this new crop of Korean girls are all built like that and the others seem to be faring better. I think the combination of the drama last season, switching coaches (presumably not by choice) and having to adjust technique and growing altogether have just made things messy.

Also is she even training with any other top Korean skaters now? Seems like all the national team skaters are training abroad now.

In any event, I hope she improves her consistency. I love her skating and style, costumes, look etc. But if she can’t do that, I’d at least like to claim her on our team of stunning, heartbreaking train wrecks :drama:

Dobre

She does look tall and limby like Kostner but this new crop of Korean girls are all built like that and the others seem to be faring better.

Eunsoo Lim and Haein Lee have the same coach so I assume they train together.

I agree that several of the Korean ladies have a similar build. But I'm not sure if Eunsoo is struggling more. I think that may be a perception because it is happening for her after she reached the international senior spotlight. Young, Yelim, and Eunsoo have all struggled with an adjustment while appearing to grow a bit taller. Young struggled last season on the JGP (when she didn't qualify for the JGPF). And Yelim has been struggling with coming up too close to the boards this season. (I noticed it was a challenge for her in practices at the JGPF last year too, but not at 4CCs).

Seems like all the national team skaters are training abroad now.

No. Yelim is training in Korea. Wi trains in Korea. Who is training abroad except for You?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information