#TeamTrainwreck 16: We do hard, not crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

I'm still in bed after three days🤒 and my brain is not functioning. 😵🆘 Please help! When should I tune in to Bavarian for S/S? There's Nordics starting tomorrow, and then 4CC. I need some assistance:gallopin1
I know one event of those 3 which you can ignore totally :EVILLE:

Okay, important Bavaria facts:
Bidar debut tomorrow 21:10
Bidar FS Friday 18:40
Finger RD Saturday 19:10
Finger FD Saturday 13:45

Get well soon!:40beers:

S

SmallFairy

I know one event of those 3 which you can ignore totally :EVILLE:

Okay, important Bavaria facts:
Bidar debut tomorrow 21:10
Bidar FS Friday 18:40
Finger RD Saturday 19:10
Finger FD Saturday 13:45

Get well soon!:40beers:
Thanks and thanks, so much! :40beers:

And you cannot take a Viking away from Nordics you know. :lol: Kari Sofie from my club is skating juniors tomorrow and her coach is also my coach! I'm so excited, you should all help me cheer! :cheer:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Bossman's thoughts for the week:

Bavarian Open:
What will be more impressive? Bidar's chest or Bidar's comeback?
Who will win the hotness contets between Orzel, Jiri and Bidar?
Will Dimitrescu have a new shirt? (When even Fentz got one, so there is hope!)
Bockster international comeback 2.0
Leccardi & Marilu :watch:
Cotop getting minimums?
Finger losing to Turkkila? 🆘

Four Continents:
Elvis pulling a surprise medal?
Tomono hopefully destroying Tanaka, showing who should be sent to worlds :drama:
Sihyeong Lee knc party with Tursy's mum?
Mihara winning this shit is what I need! :drama:
JPN ladies sweep please!
Austmans battle for worlds minimums! :watch: (can someone enlighten me, has Mallet the minimums?)
Tursy bringing quad and mama going mental?
Lil'Empress/Rockstar comeback :love:
Leftovers with surprise gold to leave the train?
Kayne/O'Shea destroying C/LD please!
Only question is: when will Zach be Nikita Zach? Here or leaving it for worlds? :saint:🆘

Oh DEAR!

Heavy disagrees here.

Bradie and Mariah get yo'selves a medal!!!

and C&L SLAY!!!! Im thinking of driving to Anaheim Friday and supporting them!

aftershocks

Banned Member

:p :rofl:
Both teams are fairly much on a par, with differing strengths @Jeschke, my dear. 'Slow your roll,' as skatemoivo would say. ;)

Besides, despite K/O and C/LD being fierce competitors with each other, they also have a mutual end goal for this season of bringing back the two spots needed at Worlds for the U.S. pairs discipline to steadily rebuild competitive stature. But only one of these teams are going to Worlds this year, no matter what transpires at 4CCs. :D Sorry, not sorry to break it to ya.

I say bring it, bring it Ash/Timothy and Tarah/Danny. :kickass:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:p :rofl:
Both teams are fairly much on a par, with differing strengths @Jeschke, my dear. 'Slow your roll,' as skatemoivo would say. ;)

Besides, despite K/O and C/LD being fierce competitors with each other, they also have a mutual end goal for this season of bringing back the two spots needed at Worlds for the U.S. pairs discipline to steadily rebuild competitive stature. But only one of these teams are going to Worlds this year, no matter what transpires at 4CCs. :D Sorry, not sorry to break it to ya.

I say bring it, bring it Ash/Timothy and Tarah/Danny. :kickass:

Harmonious post of the day! :cheer:

happycamper2554

[QUOTE="Jeschke, post: 5528385,

Please only so we can have the potential drama of whether the fed should drop Cain/Leduc for worlds. That would be great drama. Plus I hate both their programs and style in general

aftershocks

Banned Member
[QUOTE="Jeschke, post: 5528385,

Please only so we can have the potential drama of whether the fed should drop Cain/Leduc for worlds. That would be great drama. Plus I hate both their programs and style in general

Then close your eyes. :p The drama is in your own mind. Both teams have beat each other before. And once again, no matter what happens at 4CCs, US fed has made their Worlds team selection. No change will be made, aside from substitution due to injury or other unforeseen circumstances, eh.

Regardless of your personal opinion, C/LD and K/O are evenly matched so far in terms of competitive results, except that T&D have been paired longer. But both teams have similar pairs experience, as Ash and Timothy competed in pairs on the junior level with other partners (e.g., Ash & Timothy won gold & bronze respectively with other partners, at 2011 U.S. Nats, and Ash was 4th at 2011 junior Worlds with Joshua Reagan). Danny and Tarah paired up in 2012 and began their pairs career competing on the senior level. Both teams competed individually in singles, with Ashley having comparatively the most success since she competed in singles internationally on the senior level.

Wishing all the teams well at 4CCs is probably the best option. I'm not sure what's going to happen. But based on the entry list, I'll take a stab: ;)

Pairs:
Sui/Han (due to rep, stature & talent, they can make a mistake & still come out on top)
Cain/LeDuc or P/J or K/O or M-T/M
Peng/Jin or C/LD or K/O or M-T/M
M-T/M or C/LD or P/J or K/O
Kayne/O'Shea or C/LD or P/J or D/F or W/M
Denney/Frazier or W/M
Walsh/Michaud or D/F
Ruest/Wolfe

The Australians A/W withdrew, the North Koreans R/K are not entered, and no Japanese nor Chinese teams are entered.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Four_Continents_Figure_Skating_Championships#Pairs

Ice Dance:
Hubbell/Donahue
Weaver/Poje
Chock/Bates
Gilles/Poirier
Hawayek/Baker
Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen
Wang Shiyue/Liu Xinyu et al

aftershocks

Banned Member
I know this is not the proper place to complain, but Kayne and O'shea are seemingly no longer a thing and i am sad. ETA: sorry I forgot this would make it seen like they are done as a pair. I meant as a couple. Hoping to see them kill it at 4cc

Well, personally, I can't imagine wanting to date an 18 guy when I'm 25, but as long as it works for them... :shuffle:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGtkIugokc/

What about imagining it when the guy is 35 and you're 50. :D Hmmm, I saw that TJ Instagram post recently and I didn't recognize Tarah, maybe because the image is faraway, fanciful, and the background is dark. Plus, I wasn't expecting the gf to be Tarah. She's not a natural redhead anyway. TJ's Instagram posts are kinda weird af. Now I get it. :p Methinks Danny and Tarah must have mutually broken up as partners off the ice sometime ago. Perhaps similar to J/C, they decided it's too hard to manage a relationship on and off the ice. Tho' it does work for some couples.

... Tara is a bit too old for lovebird status, she's a penguin.

Wyliefan has already set you straight I see. 25 is still very young, and there's only a 7 year age difference between TJ and Tarah. Nothing would likely have been said if TJ was 25 and Tarah was 18, eh. Think about it. Age is just a number. And the older you are, the more you realize it, or not.

In any case, let me point out these pertinent examples: Princess Angela of Liechtenstein is 11 years older than her husband, Prince Max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6oxp7uM_HA; Brigitte Macron is 24 years 8 months older than her husband, Emmanuel Macron (PM of France); director Sam Taylor-Johnson is 23 years 3 months older than her husband, actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson*; DoS Meghan is 3 years 1 month older than Prince Harry; DoC Kate is 5 months 3 weeks older than Prince William; Tina Turner is 16 years older than her German music executive husband, Erwin Bach -- Bach absolutely adores his wife:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tina-turner-husband-erwin-bach-gave-me-a-kidney-vv7mmvsp6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR7VZBjTrS0

* https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-taylor-johnson-gush-over-each-other-w490664/
* https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/...helped-me-after-i-went-a-bit-mad-9335561.html

... She's not old in general terms but I see we use "lovebird" as reserved for naive/virginal/first time teen lovers. Tarah already knows the heartbreak and how to get over it :D

Uh, when it comes to love and heartbreak, nobody knows how to get over it! And both partners in the first flushes of love with their significant other can be termed 'lovebirds,' no matter their ages. :saint:

Kayne/O’Shea can do a “Mrs. Robinson” program next season.

:lol: Probably more apt if TJ and Tarah did an exhibition number to this Cougar instrumental, Stay Famous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2awxU_7edY ;)

It's all cool, as long as TJ and Tarah don't pull a Meno/Sand pairs partner swap. :drama: ETA: Not that it didn't work beautifully for M/S when they split with Wendland and Kuchiki respectively back-in-the-day. And of course, the recent Calalang/Johnson swap from Sidhu and Liu respectively was genius. It's just that Feng/Nyman and Kayne/O'Shea are already perfectly matched.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Entire #lovebirds post

The #teamtrainwreck glossary presented on page#1 of each new thread has its good reasons my dear:
Lovebirds = Two young skaters who display their affection for each other on social media (exact meaning depends on context)
While it's totally up to you how to define 'lovebirds' for yourself, it's pretty much defined what's meant with it in here.

So there is no further need of proving Queen U is former Queen Urraca of Leon! :glamor:
Just in case you feel tempted ;)

J

Jeschke

How could I forget? 🆘
Both need their World minimums. Forgot if it's needed in SP or FS.
Who can be of some help here?

Thanks for the update Viking.
Tell me immediately when I need to be ready to drool :love:

S

SmallFairy

How could I forget? 🆘
Both need their World minimums. Forgot if it's needed in SP or FS.
Who can be of some help here?

Thanks for the update Viking.
Tell me immediately when I need to be ready to drool :love:
Prepare for mens senior SP at Saturday evening. No draw yet.

Wedgie data

At the moment, Novice girls on the ice. Danish supporters are by far the loudest, they go all in:respec: So all's in order here up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information