#TeamTrainwreck 14: "I Don't Care. #StillHere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

Starting rewatching final day now.

Bossman GPF Ladies FS recap:

Samodurova - Awesome season for her :cheer2: Still unbelievable for me! Great Sofia#2! Such a Mini-Tuk, in every aspect :rofl: Love the fist after the final jump combo! 💪🏼 German ES already bitching 'bout her standing no chance in RUS. Talking all the time about Med, how disrepectful! Sofia#2 is here, Med not! 👆🏼
Miyahara - Her jumps looked better earlier in the season :shuffle:! 11pts drop-down! 🆘🥕I love her skating so much! I will be heartbroken if she fails to make it outta JPN this year, but that won't happen, or? 🆘
Sakamoto - It's lovely skating but the FS does not get me this season until the intense music with the spiral. At that moment I am totallly in :love: Nontheless, I want her on the world's team above Higuchi, that's for sure.
Zagitova - That looked like a lot of work today :shuffle: I love how she hits the music highlights, I love her costume, I love her boobs, I love she is olympic champ and going on and that's why I will root damn hard. Hope she will be around next season! Can't take it seeing her that sad. #teameteri should really do something helping their skaters there. It's tough to watch 😢
Tuktamysheva - **** yeah :encore: Absolutely stunning! Totally loved it, she was in right from the start, not only to finish! What a comeback back fighter! Queen :glamor: ! I am not fine with ber being behind Zag in the FS :soapbox: Best episode: Tuk giving her best posing, bf came in, looked at Tuk, looked at me, shaking his head: 'Wacko wacko!' :rofl:
Kihira - She deserves her spot on the worlds team and I think it's pretty assured now, but I'd prefer a team of Miyahara, Sakamoto and Honda 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mad for Skating

Unless there's actual proof you both and Morqet are entitled to believe it did occur and that's fine but please no higher than thou attitude. The fact he may or not be an ass (which for the record I also think he probably is) doesn't take away from his skating being great this year and will get him whatever medals he will deservedly win this season. MIchelle Kwan could be an awful person in private life for all we know and that won't take away what she gave to skating, and same applies to all.

That’s what I was trying to say. I don’t mind his skating - their Rhythm Dance this year is one of the best. He won his medals this season fair and square. Just not a fan of his attitude.

Regardless of whether Katsalapov literally hit his former partner, the way he dumped her was a figuratively a slap in the face and does take away from my appreciation of his skating. YMMV.

I thought he supposedly hit Sinitsina, not Ilinykh. But he sure did dump Ilinykh in the worst way possible. She was a diva but she didn’t deserve that.

Liza getting bronze was the best part of the ladies. #stillhere

I'm getting really bored reading the same bashing of Zagitova by the same people by this point in the season. I hope she wins worlds just to make some people STFU. And, I prefer several other Russian skaters.

I agree! She’s a good skater. Maybe not my cup of tea, but she’s very talented and I wish her the best.

Zagitova - That looked like a lot of work today :shuffle: I love how she hits the music highlights, I love her costume, I love her boobs, I love she is olympic champ and going on and that's why I will root damn hard.
🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe you didn’t mean anything offensive, but saying “I love her boobs” makes me hella uncomfortable. She’s 16, dude. She’s a beautiful girl, but please, control yourself.

J

Jeschke

Juniors final day recap:

Kim - KOR ladies :love: Cant wait for the future. Will we see Choi ever again? :drama:
Tarankova - No knc kissing, bossman is not interested :blah: (still need the name of the blonde coach: @Ka3sha @DobrinFan )
Kostornaia - Not as flawless as we've already seen her. But who cares. I am ubering her so damn hard :love: This is perfect! Move aside @Hanna ! 👆🏼
Trsuova - Good PCS difference to Kostornaia. Hate the positive GOE's on 4T :wall: WTF?! 🤬
Kanyehsva - Panova is so the angel twin sister of Tsareva :rofl:Awesome knc joy:love:

P/S - @alchemy void admit, you have a crush on him! This should be so your type! Admit! 👆🏼
K/A - I need them making it to junior worlds this season! :love:
M/G - This was foot-perfect :respec: Can't help, I prefer the 3 others teams, which would make them stay at home from junior worlds for me 🤷🏼‍♂️ What is Mirzoev doing these days? :drama: (@Ka3sha @DobrinFan )
P/R - Going out there with intentional 2lo :rofl: Worthy watchlist! :gallopin1 Apart from that: OMG, this was pure magic :love::love::love: Great they won PCS! If they fail to make it outta RUS after winning a JGPF medal again, I will be such a crybaby 🆘 :drama: @Hanna your thoughts? I know you are #teammishina, but please tell me your faith in me is (partly) restored? :D
K/I - You could literally feel the pressure dropping with the fist bumps to end :respec: I love them and their modern approach, personally I would prefer classic P/R, but both are just absolutely stunning! 😍

Overall - Russian junior pairs :love: Usually I am mostly captured by the ladies (Mukhortova, Martiusheva, Totmianina,...) big shoutout to the boys here. I love Rylov's and Ialiev's presence on the ice! Hope this will go on being a joy to watch all these pairs in the future.

Side note: PMAOL at Meagan suggesting analyzing with Kostiukovich as she is so talkative @levineismine

J

Jeschke

Bossman GPF Ice Dance FD recap:

Overall - PMAOL in introducing S/K by their efforts won with their previous partners 🆘🤦🏼‍♂️
H/B - They might be decent skaters, but that was damn boring :blah: Bring da Chock back! 👆🏼
S/B - If Stepanova going for the Radio look, can for god's sake we set the real Radio next on the ice to Bukin? :smokin: Love the solo spins to end, which are declared as Choreo twizzles, pmaol :rofl: Zhuk is some touchy coach with her boys, but no one is complaining but dare Morozov a male coach is acting like that, dare them 💪🏼:rofl: RUS#2, well, sad puppy 😢
Z/G - Not last 👆🏼 Mama already knows my words; for me they need to stand out to leave that RUS#3 position; all the juniors are somehow special and have their thing, TJ need to find that. 'And the waltz goes on' would be absolutely stunning for them as a FD. Classic russian dancing and selling the heck outta it. Mark my words. Mama, make it happen! 💪🏼
S/K - I am still unsure about that music mix. I love the first part, the minute to end, I don't know. Great to see them finally living up to the potential :respec:
H/D - This was good, but all is said by me. Sorry @levineismine🤷🏼‍♂️
G/F - OMG this medal is so wonderful :love:Awesome knc. I love Bab's silent joy and satisfaction! :love: (what's the official/judge name again? @levineismine )

Overall 2 - I am already awaiting the bloody fight for the 3spots at worlds. Right now, I would not bet on US, CAN or RUS for holding on to / winning them for sure. So many good teams on a high note :watch:

J

Jeschke

Bossman GPF Pairs FS recap:

P/K - Pep talk again to start :love: Very happy for this redemption :respec: Making GPF was a great success, I don't see them making it to Minsk though 🤷🏼‍♂️
J/C - This was rock solid but I can't help: I miss the gutsy 3t3t attempts and the drama 🤷🏼‍♂️
DM/G - This FS seems a bit anno 2004 to me :shuffle: I love them and the music is good for them, but costume, choreo, sbs toe entrance, all screams dated for me 🤷🏼‍♂️ Her reaction was sad too watch :( Can't find any video of their skate. @Braulio ? Or is everything deleted again already! :drama:
T/M - They are just not my cup of tea, can't help 🤷🏼‍♂️ Even with a good program for them. Never gets me. What is Szolkowy doing these days?
Z/E - **** **** ****! :wall: This ****ing slip going into the lift :gallopin1 I know my big mouth yesterday will have to pay today :rofl: T/M are not safe! Watch the big upset coming! 👆🏼
P/J - So happy for their silver :love: But seriously, intentional 2S's :rofl::gallopin1 What about 2a for her at least? Throws:swoon:

Puh, what a weekend 😅
Made it 💪🏼

Ka3sha

I haven't watched everything yet, but what a :kickass: event!
Very happy with results in all disciplines, but I'd definitely have Liza in second (at least in the free).
Senior Ice Dance podium :encore: @levineismine , congrats :40beers:

I don't like J/C short program, but their free is amazing :swoon: But I miss drama too..
Russian junior teams are far more interesting to watch than both T/M and Z/E

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:rofl: At how in sync most of #TTW is. We loved J/C when they brought the drama and now we're pretty much bored with them. I hope they do well at Euro and Worlds, but TBH, I don't think they'll stay all the way to 2022. Vanessa is not Aliona.

I thought I was the only one who found Hub/Don boring. I don't find them the least bit sexy and they don't have the sheer movement quality of PapCiz. I think they were gifted here, but I don't think that will be the case at worlds. I don't care who gets 2nd and 3rd apart from I'd like Russia to get back 3 spots simply because they are going to have enough quality skaters to fill them over the rest of the quad. When SinKats are on, they are better than Step/Buk. I feel sorry for them because they missed that Olympic chance, but they aren't improving and they just got passed. There are more to come. Olympic spots are all about timing.

I've been on the Peng bandwagon since she skated with Zhang, but let's face it, they are not consistent. To win they have to rely on other teams making mistakes. Sometimes that happens, most often it doesn't. Don't know what's going on with the Russian seniors. They have the skills, but seem to have lost their confidence and drive. You've got to want it. That's what is separating J/C from them at this point. But, the first year after the Olympics is always difficult for continuing teams. A long quad looms in front of them and they have to really dig deep to find the motivation to keep training at a high level. I hope Tar/Mor can find it, but if they can't, then so be it. There are plenty of hungry young wolves who want their spot.

Kihira is lucky that there are no juniors to push her out in a couple of years. She'll be able to get through the inevitable changes that will happen over the next year. This is very different from the young Russians. No idea who will make it out of Japanese ladies nationals. But, the real interest and nationals to start watching is Korea. They are going to be very interesting over the next four years, although, I have no idea why TammyTom are attracting so many of the Korean girls. I get why they are going to the US for coaching, but I'd have picked Raf if it were me.

I'll be rested up and ready for Russian and Japanese Nationals. (US nationals is going to be a snooze fest, although I'll watch). Europeans will be fun. 4CC not so much and it's on the US west coast which means middle of the night. I'll probably skip a lot of it TBH. Men will be :blah: unless Hanyu is skating. We already know who the players are. He at least is pushing the envelope of skating. Ladies will be a repeat of Japanese nationals, and pairs will be a snooze fest with no real excitement. Dance, :blah: another predetermined result.

J

Jeschke

Folks, what's the overall consensus in here about Cain/LeDuc on MESS list?

I am unsure, if this is too much. But we had Salmon last season, whose fall itself seemed more harmless but the aftermath more intense him lying there with his shoulder.

I am fine either way and will leave them / drop them as you say.
Thoughts?

Edit:
Pro:0
Against: 8

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

:gallopin1-Shortlist-Updates:

POTS#20 Pulkinen
Tursy-POTS#17 Kanysheva & Panova
Tursy-POTS#18 Guignard, Fabbri, Fusar-Poli & Still-wannabe-16-ITA-official
MESS#39 Fentz
MESS#40 Feng/Nyman
MESS#41 Grm
MESS#42 Dimitrescu
MESS#43 Cain/LeDuc
MESS#44 Cain/LeDuc (to be confirmed by consensus)
MESS#45 Guliakova
MESS#46 Messing
MESS#47 Trusova

Once more a big thank you to @Braulio who even 'worked' during his birthday to feed us with video footage :encore:
Dimitrescu FS still there? Any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Folks, what's the overall consensus in here about Cain/LeDuc on MESS list?

I am unsure, if this is too much. But we had Salmon last season, whose fall itself seemed more harmless but the aftermath more intense him lying there with his shoulder.

I am fine either way and will leave them / drop them as you say.
Thoughts?

I vote against including Cain/LeDuc. MESS is about an epic fall, not a tragic fall.

DobrinFan

Zhuk is some touchy coach with her boys, but no one is complaining but dare Morozov a male coach is acting like that, dare them

Omg, I had this very discussion with a fellow poster here just hours ago at the arena :eek: He never noticed it and I had to show him both K&C of S/E from this weekend as video evidence! Told him if this was her husband people would be all over him. Seriously, I thought I was the only one who noticed :shuffle: His friends never noticed either!

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

I don't think Cain/LeDuk should be on the MESS-list either. The whole case is so bad (the ref not blowing the whistle made it even worse) and after reading other people's experiences in the thread devoted to it, we don't know if Ashely will be fine, even if she says she is now. Salmon was bad, but a head/neck injury is so different from anything else.

muffinplus

Omg, I had this very discussion with a fellow poster here just hours ago at the arena :eek: He never noticed it and I had to show him both K&C of S/E from this weekend as video evidence! Told him if this was her husband people would be all over him. Seriously, I thought I was the only one who noticed :shuffle: His friends never noticed either!

I totally noticed this.

I thought I was the only one who found Hub/Don boring. I don't find them the least bit sexy and they don't have the sheer movement quality of PapCiz. I think they were gifted here, but I don't think that will be the case at worlds.

The music changes they made are just really bad. Patrice Lauzon is sitting here nearby, maybe I should ask him why on earth they added these horrible voiceovers in the RD and FD :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information