2023-24 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & projected alternates

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Hmmmmm...

Samoilov is no longer listed on the Warsaw Cup entries list. Could be nothing.

Evgeniafan

No to Valtter as he isn't on the Alternates list. Selevko is an option since there are already 3 Japanese men, so Kataise, Yoshioka & Miyake can't be assigned and that moves Samoilov, Selevko & Torgashev into the 1st 10 alternates group.

I would be really surprised if any replacemts are named given the short notice, but if it happens, I'd put money on the European-based guys.

Men 1-10
Kataise (GPdF)
Gorodnitsky (SCI)
Naumov (SkAm)
Orzel (SCI)
Broussard (CoC)
Shmuratko
Yoshioka (SkAm)
Starostin
Guarino Sabate
Miyake

Men 11-20
Samoilov
A Selevko
Torgashev (SkAm)
Levandi (Espoo)
Zandron
Le May (GPdF)
Lewton Brain
Maierhofer
K Witkowski
Ha. Kim

Men 21-25
Bralin
Y Cha
Kessler
Honda
Lewton Brain, please.

Karen-W

Maybe Aleksandr Selevko will get NHK now and skate with his brother there? Sihyeong Lee’s name has been crossed now
Dang, the men are dropping like flies, lol.

I doubt the JSF would select Selevko when so many other men are higher on the alternates list. My bet would be on Gorodnitsky, Naumov, Orzel or Broussard.

Karen-W

Kazakova/Revia are out of NHK -

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Kazakova/Revia are out of NHK -

Will they be replaced by another Georgian (or non-Georgian) team?

Karen-W

Will they be replaced by another Georgian (or non-Georgian) team?
The JSF doesn't have to replace them as the WD happened less than 14 days before the event. Will the JSF replace them is an entirely different question and we probably won't know for certain until Monday.

Personally, I'm hoping the JSF does replace them and I'm rooting for Orihara/Pirinen to get the last minute call. They would make the most sense of the options available since their coach is already going with TurkVers, plus she's Japanese and they already have a bit of a fan following in Japan.

What I wanna know is why people, yourself included, keep trying to make Davis/Smolkin happen (or in the least get mentioned) in this thread when there's a rulebook process for Grand Prix entries and the team currently sits something like 25th in the alternates?
Oh, people are being WAY too cynical about Mama Eteri's pull within the ISU and the GP Host feds, lol. Plus, why bother with rules? Especially since the rules as written aren't being followed in another discipline (Pairs - which is an entirely different situation than Ice Dance, but regardless, lol).

Samurina

The JSF doesn't have to replace them as the WD happened less than 14 days before the event. Will the JSF replace them is an entirely different question and we probably won't know for certain until Monday.

Personally, I'm hoping the JSF does replace them and I'm rooting for Orihara/Pirinen to get the last minute call. They would make the most sense of the options available since their coach is already going with TurkVers, plus she's Japanese and they already have a bit of a fan following in Japan.

Oh, people are being WAY too cynical about Mama Eteri's pull within the ISU and the GP Host feds, lol. Plus, why bother with rules? Especially since the rules as written aren't being followed in another discipline (Pairs - which is an entirely different situation than Ice Dance, but regardless, lol).
you know what they could do. Replace them with the winners of sectionals who beat KoKo. YOSHIDA/MORITA who are already scheduled to compete in Golden Spin

Karen-W

you know what they could do. Replace them with the winners of sectionals who beat KoKo. YOSHIDA/MORITA who are already scheduled to compete in Golden Spin

They can't. It's not a host spot.
Yes, @airgelaal is correct - the JSF can't replace them with a Japanese team as the spot isn't a host spot.

Also, there were two teams that beat KoKo at Sectionals. I don't see any reason why Yoshida/Morita should get consideration over Tanaka/Nishiyama (who have also been assigned to Golden Spin to get their TES mins).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information