2023-24 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & projected alternates

On My Own

Meite withdrew from Warsaw Cup.

I've heard she's trying to smuggle poisoned honey for a certain Pooh bear. What could it mean?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Kurakova got Cup of China
Good! I really didn't expect the CFSA to pick the highest woman on the alternates list.

Since Ziegler is already assigned to NHK, I'd guess the JSF invites Gutmann.

mtnskater

I’d love to see Ziegler at NHK. I’m hoping the more she competes at the highest level, the more consistent she will get.

This of course was my theory for Sasha, Mirai and Karen. Hope dies last. :lol:
Sasha is at least an Olympic silver medalist, three time world medalist, and Grand Prix Champion! (And probably my all time favorite female skater). But we always expected even more from her. Loved Mirai and Karen too. If only Ziegler could put it together to the level of Karen and Mirai, I would be thrilled 😁

skateblessing

There are already 3 Koreans at NHK (Kim, Lee and Wi) and 3 is maximum number of entry per ISU member in each GP.
Oh right. Well maybe they could have given Ji Cup of China and Kurakova NHK, but done is done.

It will be interesting to see who will get the spot at NHK Trophy, will they give it to someone higher on the list or to one of the US women on the list?

Karen-W

What about Ji from Korea, she is competing at Warsaw Cup, she can be picked from NHK Trophy?
That's presuming she was placed in the pool of eligible athletes for the GP by the KSF. Given she hadn't been competing domestically even during the summer and early fall, she might not have been put in for consideration - and I would have expected her to get at least 1 assignment on the initial go-round since she was 37 on the SB list - so the fact that she wasn't and hasn't been selected by any of the host feds yet makes me think she wasn't submitted by the KSF at all.

It will be interesting to see who will get the spot at NHK Trophy, will they give it to someone higher on the list or to one of the US women on the list?
The JSF almost always chooses the next highest-ranked skater on the alternates list, so I'd be surprised if an American woman is chosen over Gutmann (who is the only woman in the WS Top 24 without 2 assignments now that Kurakova has CoC).

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The grid has the Taschlers crossed out of Cup of China

But maybe it is an error and crossed out too many lines while updating for Wang/Liu. It is already
Pretty sure it wasn't like that earlier, but I could be wrong.

The update with Serna happened in the last 15 minutes because I just checked the grid during the womens short program in France, so I fear Taschlers were removed at the same time.

Vagabond

I had to think about who this "D/S" was. AFAIK, neither the French, the Bulgarian, nor the original Russian D/S has made a comeback. 🇬🇪 :slinkaway

Andrea82

Pretty sure it wasn't like that earlier, but I could be wrong.

The update with Serna happened in the last 15 minutes because I just checked the grid during the womens short program in France, so I fear Taschlers were removed at the same time.
Czech Federation mentions "health reasons" for the withdrawal.

Karen-W

They have so many passports. Do they really need a visa?
Do they? She has a US and a Russian passport, for sure. One would think she probably also has a Georgian one already too. Gleb has a Russian passport and maybe an Israeli passport if rumors are to be believed. No idea if he is automatically entitled to a Georgian passport as her spouse (presuming she has one).

If they used their Russian passports (presuming they have them in their possession in Kazakhstan) then they wouldn't need a new visa if they've been to China before (which, duh, of course, lol).

I still think the level of cynicism in thinking they'll get this open spot is misplaced and it will go to another team (like Harris/Chan) or be left unfilled.

coralline

Well there are indeed Visa Waiver Agreements between China and Georgia\Russian. They just need Diplomatic Passports for that.
(Poland the same I guess that's one of the reasons Kurakova gets COC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information