#TeamTrainwreck 14: "I Don't Care. #StillHere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

@Ka3sha @DobrinFan are Shevchenko/Eremenko a couple? @Jeschke and I have seen some subtle hints on IG, and they were holding hands fingers all wrapped up so close in the KnC. Anything official??

skatingguy

decently
S/B - If Stepanova going for the Radio look, can for god's sake we set the real Radio next on the ice to Bukin? :smokin: Love the solo spins to end, which are declared as Choreo twizzles, pmaol :rofl: Zhuk is some touchy coach with her boys, but no one is complaining but dare Morozov a male coach is acting like that, dare them 💪🏼:rofl: RUS#2, well, sad puppy 😢
Omg, I had this very discussion with a fellow poster here just hours ago at the arena :eek: He never noticed it and I had to show him both K&C of S/E from this weekend as video evidence! Told him if this was her husband people would be all over him. Seriously, I thought I was the only one who noticed :shuffle: His friends never noticed either!
Watch Dubreuil & Fusar-Poli - they both are very handsy with their male skaters - lots of thigh stroking going on. With Dubreuil it's really odd because her husband is often sitting two people away. :shuffle:

Vagabond

Folks, what's the overall consensus in here about Cain/LeDuc on MESS list?
Please drop them. A concussion or other serious injury should make the splat ineligible for consideration. And there is precedent for this. Last year, Poster Boy injured himself badly in one of his Short Programs (Skate America, IIRC), and we didn't consider that splat or even the program as a whole when we voted at the end of the season.

Ka3sha

J

Jeschke

Please drop them. A concussion or other serious injury should make the splat ineligible for consideration. And there is precedent for this. Last year, Poster Boy injured himself badly in one of his Short Programs (Skate America, IIRC), and we didn't consider that splat or even the program as a whole when we voted at the end of the season.
Overall opinion seems pretty in unison, so this will not be considered.

Salmon made the nominees last year though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEStEaVPudE
I think it would have been different now.

Rewatching the nominees, Ignatov was never seen again after this horror splat (hich actually got my vote) until Tallinn this year. Do we know if it had to do something with that? @Ka3sha

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Folks, what's the overall consensus in here about Cain/LeDuc on MESS list?

I am unsure, if this is too much. But we had Salmon last season, whose fall itself seemed more harmless but the aftermath more intense him lying there with his shoulder.

I am fine either way and will leave them / drop them as you say.
Thoughts?

Edit:
Pro:0
Against: 5

I was fine with Salmon last year... but on ice unconscious? no

I feel Messing is VERY eligible for his belly flop, somersault, crash into the boards. I mean that was a triple threat!!!!

And Fentz is a close runner up.. and those awful pants!

Vagabond

DobrinFan

Rewatching the nominees, Ignatov was never seen again after this horror splat (hich actually got my vote) until Tallinn this year. Do we know if it had to do something with that? @Ka3sha

No. He has a serious back injury.

In your career, you can trace such a pattern that you first appear at some competitions, make you happy with your performances, and then disappear. And no one knows where you are, how you are. After the Championship of Russia you disappeared somewhere again. Tell me what it was connected with, what you were doing at the time.

- After the Championship, I treated my back, then I trained. And from the middle of July I was again treated ... So to say, I went to the hospital.

https://m.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/figure_skating_chatting/2267162.html

SamuraiK

Im just starting to watch some GPF videos. The audio sucks !!! Was it just on first day or did it last all week?

s_parks

Juniors final day recap:

Kim - KOR ladies :love: Cant wait for the future. Will we see Choi ever again? :drama:
Tarankova - No knc kissing, bossman is not interested :blah: (still need the name of the blonde coach: @Ka3sha @DobrinFan )
Kostornaia - Not as flawless as we've already seen her. But who cares. I am ubering her so damn hard :love: This is perfect! Move aside @Hanna ! 👆🏼
Trsuova - Good PCS difference to Kostornaia. Hate the positive GOE's on 4T :wall: WTF?! 🤬
Kanyehsva - Panova is so the angel twin sister of Tsareva :rofl:Awesome knc joy:love:

P/S - @alchemy void admit, you have a crush on him! This should be so your type! Admit! 👆🏼
K/A - I need them making it to junior worlds this season! :love:
M/G - This was foot-perfect :respec: Can't help, I prefer the 3 others teams, which would make them stay at home from junior worlds for me 🤷🏼‍♂️ What is Mirzoev doing these days? :drama: (@Ka3sha @DobrinFan )
P/R - Going out there with intentional 2lo :rofl: Worthy watchlist! :gallopin1 Apart from that: OMG, this was pure magic :love::love::love: Great they won PCS! If they fail to make it outta RUS after winning a JGPF medal again, I will be such a crybaby 🆘 :drama: @Hanna your thoughts? I know you are #teammishina, but please tell me your faith in me is (partly) restored? :D
K/I - You could literally feel the pressure dropping with the fist bumps to end :respec: I love them and their modern approach, personally I would prefer classic P/R, but both are just absolutely stunning! 😍

Overall - Russian junior pairs :love: Usually I am mostly captured by the ladies (Mukhortova, Martiusheva, Totmianina,...) big shoutout to the boys here. I love Rylov's and Ialiev's presence on the ice! Hope this will go on being a joy to watch all these pairs in the future.

Side note: PMAOL at Meagan suggesting analyzing with Kostiukovich as she is so talkative @levineismine
Haha, we like the same Russian juniors. Mirzoev has more or less retired from injury. My guess is that was the real reason why he felt he was struggling with Mishina tbh. Too bad, he was such a performer. More charisma in his pinky than most pair guys.
P/R are divine, especially their lifts- he has great posture and footwork. Most everyone else look like they're struggling real hard. I guess I'll pray P/R stay together and take advantage of whatever mistakes other pairs make in the future. I'm attracted to pairs that can't jump, I guess.:fragile: (P/K being the exception...)

Hanna

Skating junkie
Kostornaia - Not as flawless as we've already seen her. But who cares. I am ubering her so damn hard :love: This is perfect! Move aside @Hanna ! 👆🏼
Ha, no way! :p This is one club I won't leave even if I'll get dragged through mud and fire.
The harmonic person that I am, you are welcome to join though. :D

P/R - Going out there with intentional 2lo :rofl: Worthy watchlist! :gallopin1 Apart from that: OMG, this was pure magic :love::love::love: Great they won PCS! If they fail to make it outta RUS after winning a JGPF medal again, I will be such a crybaby 🆘 :drama: @Hanna your thoughts? I know you are #teammishina, but please tell me your faith in me is (partly) restored? :D
:D I agree that they're amazing! I am not solely Team Mishina, I am also definitely Team Kostiukovich and I also really love P/R. All three are so different! P/R the most classic with the most beautiful lines, K/I fun and interesting and spunky, M/G powerful!

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If Junior ID had been performed on a dance floor, I would have given it to U/N, but S/E have monster SS and beautiful sync.

It was. It's not every day you see a senior dance practice in which the lady tangos on her own. But good for her for going after it. The audience appreciated the effort. She had a nice round of applause.
Actually, we see it too much; it's just that most of the time, the guy is physically there.

but people who are ok with a guy who hits his partner need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I will not cheer for them, not even for her sake, which I've read as a justification, but that doesn't change the quality of their skating, which was at a very high level and outshone S/B significantly.

But, as back in the days, I fell in love with Miner (and Dornbush) at JGPF I of course watch everything
Speaking of Dornbush, I spent more time thinking of his Sherlock Holmes program than Gogolev's while Gogolev was skating :shuffle:

I know Mishina is @Hanna 's spirit animal,
I'm with @Hanna. They look like seniors and much better than the young Russian Pairs at GPF and SA, at least in the FS. The SP was :yikes:

Tuktamysheva - For me this was really uninspired until the last 💥 with the music and that was 30seconds to go :shuffle:
She is a star and I love her, but that lacked skills something
You need to see it live: she skates to the pulse of the music, which doesn't come across on video.

PCS compared to Kihira Zagitova are a joke judges
Fixed it. Miyahara was screwed over PCS-wise, both absolutely and relatively.

Pinky, there is nothing impressive about continuing to compete after suffering a concussion except for foolhardiness
I would ascribe a decision made by someone who had been unconscious and whose brain suffered a concussion to a brain injury.

I hope they do well at Euro and Worlds, but TBH, I don't think they'll stay all the way to 2022. Vanessa is not Aliona.
There was a question somewhere about her citizenship, and someone posted an article in which one of them said if they won Worlds they'd quit; the Olympics are too far away.

I wonder if she'll join Zimmerman and Fontana after she's done. The article said her boyfriend is a French athlete with a business in Florida. And she likely has a green card from when her family lived in the US.

Vagabond

I would ascribe a decision made by someone who had been unconscious and whose brain suffered a concussion to a brain injury.
You may be right, but the idea that athletes should ignore concussions and continue right on with their training or competition is deeply ingrained. Until that changes (because, for example, the ISU requires referees to stop a program when a female Pairs skater falls on her head), it will be difficult to draw a line between decisions made because of foolhardiness and those made because of a brain injury.

Ka3sha

@Jeschke , Stanislava is in the entries list for SPb Championship this week - what are the chances of her nailing everything there and then be total :gallopin1 at Nationals?

Nugumanova, Sakhanovich, Ignatov, Efimova/Korovin and Boikova/Kozlovsky are also in the entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information