Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
A+ thread name

To keep on topic I'm very interested to see who decides to go to worlds. I think we know Karen said she was prepping for worlds next. Did Alysa or Mariah say anything that we know (I feel like Alysa will go for sure and Mariah is more of a maybe in my mind)?

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Karen & Mariah both said they would be preparing for Worlds in this local NBC interview that I posted in the previous thread:

Alysa mentioned Worlds in her live interview (during the Pairs SP) with Jimmy Roberts.

Sylvia

Mariah posted this yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaLY-E8h4nM/
I am so grateful for this experience❤️ I had the moment I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. The event was clouded by controversy, my heart goes out to all that were affected. To my teammates who did not get their medals ceremony, I am so sorry. To Kamila, I am sorry for the situation you were put in. And to all the ladies in the event, I am sorry our efforts seemed to be overlooked. I am so lucky that I was led by adults who valued integrity my whole career, they helped me reach this point. I just finished the Olympics. A ride I will never forget ❤️
Loena Hendrickx gave her some hearts and Rohene Ward posted this in reply:
Well said boo!!!! You are a true CHAMPION!!! In a class of your own! What an incredible role model you are for sooo many young women in the world today!! You should be so proud of yourself! #integrity #dignity #inspiring

Vagabond

Liu still doesn’t know if she will train for a second Olympics. College is on the horizon and she has other interests, including speaking out for L.G.B.T.Q. rights and against racial discrimination. But her skating is still on the upswing, so sticking around is tempting, she said.
Let the speculation continue.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Karen & Mariah both said they would be preparing for Worlds in this local NBC interview that I posted in the previous thread:

Alysa mentioned Worlds in her live interview (during the Pairs SP) with Jimmy Roberts.
I think they all say that until reality sets in. These athletes have to be beyond exhausted.

It will be fun to see who actually does go to Worlds.

aml78

What does everyone think comes next for Amber? She’s been very quiet during the Olympics. IIRC she didn’t even engage with Ashley and Tim’s content or wish them well. Which I think means she was staying away from most things Olympic during this time. I just wonder if she might consider making a move away from The Cains to try and make a move over these next few years. I feel like she needs some different coaching/packaging. What do people think?

sk9tingfan

What does everyone think comes next for Amber? She’s been very quiet during the Olympics. IIRC she didn’t even engage with Ashley and Tim’s content or wish them well. Which I think means she was staying away from most things Olympic during this time. I just wonder if she might consider making a move away from The Cains to try and make a move over these next few years. I feel like she needs some different coaching/packaging. What do people think?
I said this more than a year ago. Would not be surprised if she followed Jimmy Ma up to Boston since he has made such strides.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Frau Muller

Why in quotes? Was their relationship not legitimate enough for you?
Never heard about any relationship between Nathan and Amber - other than collegial friendship among skaters - before these Olympics, LOL. Thus, a so-called “girlfriend”! Lots of publicity ploys (concocted clickbait) out there!

sk9tingfan

Never heard about any relationship between Nathan and Amber - other than collegial friendship among skaters - before these Olympics, LOL. Thus, a so-called “girlfriend”! Lots of publicity ploys (concocted clickbait) out there!
Back about 6 or so years ago, he posted on what I believe was Twitter, calling her Babe. I don't remember the full tweet, but it was evident they were boy and girlfriend.

Trillian

Back about 6 or so years ago, he posted on what I believe was Twitter, calling her Babe. I don't remember the full tweet, but it was evident they were boy and girlfriend.

There was definitely a while prior to the 2018 Olympics when they were very open on social media that they were dating, so yeah, this was a teenage romance. I remember thinking at the time of the 2018 Olympics that it seemed apparent they had broken up, and (knowing teenagers) they were probably cringing anytime people dug up the old tweets.

Hopefully after this many years they’re on good terms, but who know - high school breakups can involve a lot of drama!

Frau Muller

Totally missed that…not even gossipy TSL provided a hint, that I recall. 😉

lurkz2

There was definitely a while prior to the 2018 Olympics when they were very open on social media that they were dating, so yeah, this was a teenage romance. I remember thinking at the time of the 2018 Olympics that it seemed apparent they had broken up, and (knowing teenagers) they were probably cringing anytime people dug up the old tweets.

Hopefully after this many years they’re on good terms, but who know - high school breakups can involve a lot of drama!
I think they broke up shortly after Nathan won his first senior title. FWIW I think many of the old tweets have NOT been deleted and you can still look them up.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Phoebe Stubblefield lands a 3A. She’s a member of the US National Development Team.

https://twitter.com/Natsu_Lian_/status/1496671355915235329?s=20&t=6cMe_Y9aZYY7WTytoHCHAg
Tom Z also posted it on his IG. Her IG profile says "CSS '27" so I'm guessing she's about 12 or 13 years old? While it's exciting to see this from our young women, let's be mindful that she's still quite young and quite possibly won't even be old enough to compete in Milano if the age limit minimum increases as proposed.

sk9tingfan

Tom Z also posted it on his IG. Her IG profile says "CSS '27" so I'm guessing she's about 12 or 13 years old? While it's exciting to see this from our young women, let's be mindful that she's still quite young and quite possibly won't even be old enough to compete in Milano if the age limit minimum increases as proposed.
Get her away from Tom Z!!! :scream:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Well, that was pretty gorgeous. No doubt about it. Let's see what happens when she gets hips and boobs. That is some extra equipment to heave up, and twirl in the air.

jiejie

I think it's way past time that she staged a self-intervention. She's 22 and should have made a coaching change at least 2-3 years ago. However, it's not too late for her to pull an Ashley Wagner and continue to improve. She's naturally more technically gifted than Ashley was, but headcasing does her in.

Never been a particular fan of her skating, and those sappy female ballads that she gravitates to, need to be sh!t-canned forever, but as first alternate, I'd like to see her get a chance at Worlds. I am over Karen Chen as a competitor, since her collection of 4-for-4 poor skates at the Olympics. Karen would be be lucky to break top 10 this year. Besides, she apparently has a sprained ankle. USFS should tell Chen to voluntarily withdraw (or else!), and replace with Amber. Alysa and Mariah will have to do the heavy lifting for the USA this year, regardless of who the third lady is.

aml78

I think it's way past time that she staged a self-intervention. She's 22 and should have made a coaching change at least 2-3 years ago. However, it's not too late for her to pull an Ashley Wagner and continue to improve. She's naturally more technically gifted than Ashley was, but headcasing does her in.

Never been a particular fan of her skating, and those sappy female ballads that she gravitates to, need to be sh!t-canned forever, but as first alternate, I'd like to see her get a chance at Worlds. I am over Karen Chen as a competitor, since her collection of 4-for-4 poor skates at the Olympics. Karen would be be lucky to break top 10 this year. Besides, she apparently has a sprained ankle. USFS should tell Chen to voluntarily withdraw (or else!), and replace with Amber. Alysa and Mariah will have to do the heavy lifting for the USA this year, regardless of who the third lady is.
Isn’t Lindsey Thorngren first alternate? I can’t remember.

Sylvia

Isn’t Lindsey Thorngren first alternate? I can’t remember.
For Olympics, not Worlds.

ETA the 2022 World alternates:

Alternate 1 – Amber Glenn
Alternate 2 – Lindsay Thorngren
Alternate 3 – Gabriella Izzo

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I honestly do not get the rationale from the USFS' Int'l Committee when it doled out the Worlds assignments (or, well, rather the alternates). Maybe the hope is that a healthy Amber, should she be needed for Worlds, would go out and strike lightning twice with another SkAm-esque 200+ total score that gets her, hopefully, in the Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information