Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnskater

Very exciting to see Ava Marie’s improvements since the Junior Grand Prix last year! Excited to see whether she will have a good free skate again like last week. Go Ava!

To be fair to Lindsey I could tell right away from seeing her in the warm up she is experiencing a growth spurt, which we know can really affect the jumps for a time. Isabeau too has grown three inches since last spring. Tough for these women to enter the seniors for the first time while adjusting to some pretty significant physical changes.

DreamSkates

Very exciting to see Ava Marie’s improvements since the Junior Grand Prix last year! Excited to see whether she will have a good free skate again like last week. Go Ava!

To be fair to Lindsey I could tell right away from seeing her in the warm up she is experiencing a growth spurt, which we know can really affect the jumps for a time. Isabeau too has grown three inches since last spring. Tough for these women to enter the seniors for the first time while adjusting to some pretty significant physical changes.
Maybe a “good” time to be entering seniors rather than the year before the next Olympics?

layman

Starr on the podium (silver)!!!!

Is this her first senior Grand Prix medal?

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything
a few weeks ago folks were wondering why we didn't send Sonja HILMER to more events, instead of sending Gold and Andrews to GP. US has quite a few inconsistent performers. We have seen enough of them to know there are quite a few who can go from tanking a competition, to doing quite well in the next one (and possibly not doing so well the next again). Camden last season, from nationals to 4cc, then to world, will be a great example.

I also remember Megan Wessenberg who really had issues with the pre-gp event to finishing a respectable 6th in Skate America.
Having that said, I would wait for another event before anointing anyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information