Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
If this is the end of her season, I'm glad she's ending on a high note.
Depends. She is 2nd alternate for Worlds, so it would be surprising if she is called up for that. She is assigned to Jr Worlds but that event is currently on hold because of the situation in Ukraine. We should hear something this next week regarding it's status.

Jammers

Lindsay needs to move up to Seniors next season. Besides possible retirements the field is not deep and she has nothing more to gain in Juniors. Time to move on to a new Olympic cycle with these youngers girls since we know the older ones just aren't competitive.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Lindsay needs to move up to Seniors next season. Besides possible retirements the field is not deep and she has nothing more to gain in Juniors. Time to move on to a new Olympic cycle with these youngers girls since we know the older ones just aren't competitive.
Seems pretty clear, with her competing as a senior domestically the past two seasons as well as having two Senior B international assignments this season, that the intent is for her to move up to seniors internationally next season.

Last edited:

skatfan

Alysa, by her Instagram posts, seems to be back in Richmond. Anyone know what her training situation is these days?

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Alysa, by her Instagram posts, seems to be back in Richmond. Anyone know what her training situation is these days?
My unofficial hearsay is that she’s training for Worlds while at home in the Bay Area.

TeamUSA.org article FOR MARIAH BELL, TAKING THE LONG ROAD IS A HEALTHIER, MORE SUCCESSFUL ROUTE by Lynn Rutherford (Feb. 24): https://www.teamusa.org/News/2022/F...ong-Road-Is-A-Healthier-More-Successful-Route
Excerpt:
Mariah plans to compete at the 2022 world championships on March 21-27 in Montpellier, France. And although she has yet to announce whether she will continue her competitive career beyond this season, her age will likely not factor into her decision.
“I think it truly is a state of mind,” she said. “If you fall into the trap of, ‘I’m too old’ or whatever, then you are just setting yourself up to feel that way.”
She is in Zurich, Switzerland this week for “Art on Ice” shows, March 3-5.

skatfan

@Sylvia, Yes I'm assuming that she's training for Worlds, I was wondering who is coaching her while in the Bay Area. I'm glad she got to come home because I don't think she enjoyed being in Colorado separate from all her friends and family.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
A+ thread name

To keep on topic I'm very interested to see who decides to go to worlds. I think we know Karen said she was prepping for worlds next. Did Alysa or Mariah say anything that we know (I feel like Alysa will go for sure and Mariah is more of a maybe in my mind)?
I am interested to see if there IS a Worlds...or even a World.....in 2022

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Video unavailable. :confused:
Yes it says "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Show Your Skill .Online."

The channel that streamed the event is probably making claims on all the people ripping off the stream and mirroring it on their channels. The original channel had the full event up but now I can't even find it there :(

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I'm dating myself here, but Levito looks a lot like film child star Margaret O'Brien.
Corrected quotes (from IMDB):

'Tootie' Smith: Poor Margeretha, I've never seen her look so pale.
Mr. Neely: The sun oughta do her some good.
'Tootie' Smith: I suspect she won't live through the night, she has four fatal diseases.
Mr. Neely: And it only takes one.
'Tootie' Smith: But she's going to have a beautiful funeral, in a cigar box my Papa gave me, all wrapped up in silver paper.
Mr. Neely: That's the way to go, if you have to go.
'Tootie' Smith: Oh, she has to go. :eek:

Last edited:

cmk

I honestly do not get the rationale from the USFS' Int'l Committee when it doled out the Worlds assignments (or, well, rather the alternates). Maybe the hope is that a healthy Amber, should she be needed for Worlds, would go out and strike lightning twice with another SkAm-esque 200+ total score that gets her, hopefully, in the Top 10.
If Amber had been healthy and skated a clean freeskate (instead of having to withdraw due to covid), the usfs probably correctly figured she would place ahead of Starr and Gracie. Several of the girls in the top ten (Levito and at least 2 or 3 others were not age elgible) . Izzo doesn't have enough senior level experience yet although she did get to do 4cs. Some of the ladies were assigned to either 4cs or Jr Worlds instead.

Maximillian

RIP TA
Corrected quotes (from IMDB):

'Tootie' Smith: Poor Margeretha, I've never seen her look so pale.
Mr. Neely: The sun oughta do her some good.
'Tootie' Smith: I suspect she won't live through the night, she has four fatal diseases.
Mr. Neely: And it only takes one.
'Tootie' Smith: But she's going to have a beautiful funeral, in a cigar box my Papa gave me, all wrapped up in silver paper.
Mr. Neely: That's the way to go, if you have to go.
'Tootie' Smith: Oh, she has to go. :eek:
One of my favorite scenes in all of film...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information