Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I'm dating myself here, but Levito looks a lot like film child star Margaret O'Brien.
I see the resemblance too! I'm familiar with Margaret O'Brien from the Judy Garland classic "Meet Me In St. Louis". They usually air it around the holidays. The Halloween scene is one of my favorites with Tootie, Agnes and their friends. A fistful of flour and 'I hate you Mr. Braukoff!' (probably spelling that all wrong!). But Tootie was the bravest of them all! I loved the romantic engagement scene too. 😍 The dinner scene with a confused father is hilarious! Margaret was the biggest child star of the 1940s, after Shirley Temple's glory days in the 1930s.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 221

Curious if there's any news on Karen Chen, and if she has any of her jumps back :shuffle:. This season, she's really only been able to get full credit for lutz and sometimes toe loop. The salchow is always q, as is the flip, with usually an edge call or warning as well. And the loop was completely MIA in Beijing.

If she does go to Worlds, I wonder if she might consider an old skool jump layout with as many lutzes as she can.

If the loop is gone, her short program options seem to be 3Lz+3T and 3Sq, 3Lz+2T and 3T, or 2Lz+3T and 3Lz. As crazy as it is, I think the latter might actually make the most sense.

Similarly, in the free skate, it makes no sense to attempt a flip given that she gets severe negative GOE on it. She's better off doing a double jump. I again wonder if she should do two 2A, two 2Lz+3T combos, a 3Lz+2T+2Lo combo plus a solo 3lutz, and I guess take the hit on the 3Sq figuring she should get between 0 and -1 GOE.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I wonder if she did her 3s first if that would impact her ability to have it called fully rotated.

Stephanie

Egna Spring Trophy entries published here: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...22-international-assignments-and-results.aspx

Senior: Hanna Harrell
Junior: Hannah Herrera (Really happy for her! She had a very rough short at nationals but skated great in the free. This will be her second international after 2020 Challenge Cup)
Novice: Stein (I think this may be Luana Stein from the Glacier Falls FSC who competed in intermediate this year and I believe trains with Chris Pottenger)

Last edited:

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
^^^ Speaking of Hanna Harrell, she is now listed as withdrawn (as of 3/11) from Egna Spring Trophy. :(

Last month her coach Misha Ge choreographed a new short program for Hanna - concept is “Beauty vs. Beast” and the music is Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto no. 2 in E minor performed by Itzhak Perlman combined with a techno version “iDynamite” by Tha Trickaz x Apashe: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ2g-wKhRxv/

I was happy to see Jill Heiner’s name listed on USFS’ International Assignments page today (3/15) as replacing Hanna as of 3/11. This would be Jill’s first-ever international assignment! :)

Misha Ge also has choreographed a new SP for Soho Lee to “Dreamcatcher” by Secret Garden: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaGP9UKvW58/

Last edited:

Sylvia

Arthur Liu has been named as a target of an intimidation campaign carried out by Chinese Government Agents working in the US
GSD thread:

ETA that I’ve also started a general thread titled “China” in the Politically Incorrect forum.

Last edited:

Sylvia

A couple additions for Egna Spring Trophy per the USFS website:
Sofia Bezkorovainaya (competed juvenile this season!) in advanced novice
Sarah Everhardt (J11) in junior
I’m glad that Everhardt gets to make her Team USA debut in Egna! She trains with Jill Heiner (I’m :( that Jill can’t compete there too).

11-year-old Bezkorovainaya had the highest Juvenile Girls’ FS score (65.00) in USFS’ Championship Series qualifying series of 8 competitions this past fall, leading to quite a few Washington, D.C. local TV news stories about her - link to her YT channel (with a video of her Juvenile FS program in Alpharetta, Georgia, as well as her many local news appearances, including a clip from The Kelly Clarkson Show where she got to “meet” and talk to Tara Lipinski): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-571FcC7KhaM0N_mvgeL8Q/videos
Sofia B. won Juvenile Girls group D in Alpharetta, GA - she landed 3Fq, 2F, 2A+2T+2Lo, 2A, 2Lz+2Lo.

layman

Arthur Liu has been named as a target of an intimidation campaign carried out by Chinese Government Agents working in the US:

I wonder how this kind of pressure is affecting Alysa Liu.
Based on her performance this season, Alysa Liu is the top American woman in Figure Skating. She has the potential to medal at the World Championships but how do you prepare for a World Championships (or any competition) when your family are being threatened?

On top of growing pains and the stress of her first senior year, Alysa has been dealing with issues that we have not even been aware of. I am concerned for her safety.

Does the USFSA help out with security for the athletes? How was security handled for Nancy Kerrigan after she was attacked?

sk9tingfan

Based on her performance this season, Alysa Liu is the top American woman in Figure Skating. She has the potential to medal at the World Championships but how do you prepare for a World Championships (or any competition) when your family are being threatened?

On top of growing pains and the stress of her first senior year, Alysa has been dealing with issues that we have not even been aware of. I am concerned for her safety.

Does the USFSA help out with security for the athletes? How was security handled for Nancy Kerrigan after she was attacked?
As to your last question, I tend to doubt it due to cost. I would tend to think that any provided protection would come from the FBI. In addition, the expense of private protection would be prohibitive.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
As to your last question, I tend to doubt it due to coast. I would tend to think that any provided protection would come from the FBI. In addition, the expense of private protection would be prohibitive.
Why would Alysa need protection? Is she a spy or something? Accused of Banking Fraud?

sk9tingfan

Why would Alysa need protection? Is she a spy or something? Accused of Banking Fraud?
Have you read about agents of the Chinese government trying to take action against her father? He's one of three that DOJ found under this circumstance. One, another immigration lawyer like Arthur Liu was murdered. I think we're talking about protection for the whole family. Alysa could be collateral damage.

olympic

Twitter is abuzz about how after the FS, an unknown man invited Alysa to his apartment. It is inferred that it was an agent for the Chinese government. I am sorry I don’t have the link

Vagabond

Twitter is abuzz about how after the FS, an unknown man invited Alysa to his apartment. It is inferred that it was an agent for the Chinese government. I am sorry I don’t have the link
This link was posted in the thread that is specifically about the federal criminal case.

During the Games, Alysa Liu also told her father that she was approached by a stranger late one night at a cafeteria after the free skate event, and that the man followed her and asked her to come to his apartment.

UGG

This link was posted in the thread that is specifically about the federal criminal case.

I wonder why she was alone late at night unsupervised in a situation where a man could ask her to his apartment…that seems kind of…. Unsafe yet preventable?

smarts1

I wonder why she was alone late at night unsupervised in a situation where a man could ask her to his apartment…that seems kind of…. Unsafe yet preventable?

The bigger question for me is why was there even some sketchy person in the Olympic village when it was supposed to be a closed off bubble? Not to mention that said person would have needed accreditation to have even made it to wherever she was (though we know why based on the investigations that have come to light).

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
It says she was in the cafeteria. I know that they had spaced out eating areas, but I seriously doubt they let her go there by herself. She was probably just sitting alone because of covid precautions.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
The bigger question for me is why was there even some sketchy person in the Olympic village when it was supposed to be a closed off bubble? Not to mention that said person would have needed accreditation to have even made it to wherever she was (though we know why based on the investigations that have come to light).
Why are you assuming it was "some sketchy person"? I highly doubt Chinese State Security (or whatever they're called) is sending someone suspicious looking to stay in the Olympic Village. The person was most likely dressed in a Team China or volunteer uniform and wouldn't have raised any flags for most people.

smarts1

Why are you assuming it was "some sketchy person"? I highly doubt Chinese State Security (or whatever they're called) is sending someone suspicious looking to stay in the Olympic Village. The person was most likely dressed in a Team China or volunteer uniform and wouldn't have raised any flags for most people.
Fair point-- though I used the term sketchy in reference to his behavior, not necessarily his physical appearance or anything like that.

UGG

I’m not blaming the victim. I assumed she was alone because the article did not mention an adult was with her and made the situation seem dangerous. If she was alone, she should not have been. Where were the adults? That’s absolutely not her fault.

Maybe the writer of the article left out the part about her being safe with adults so it seemed more sinister…which is dumb.

Either way, I don’t see how it’s “victim blaming” to question her safety when a stranger was able to approach her easily and ask her to return to their apartment 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
And this would be a problem for someone in state security how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information