Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Mariah was credited with landing 3F+3T cleanly in her Nationals FS as well as in all 3 of her internationals last season. She said in an interview with the Olympic Channel earlier this summer that she's been working on some new elements, including new combos, so we'll just to wait and see if they materialize in competition at some point.

Cool!!!!!

Sylvia

TBD
I don’t know if this was mentioned, but Emilia Murdock recently moved to Canada and now trains at the Cricket Club.
Murdock's official coaches at the Cricket Club are Tracy Wilson and Karen Preston - this was tweeted on Sept. 10: https://twitter.com/fsonline/status/1304217577875529730
... Murdock informed us in July that she would be training in Toronto w/Tracy Wilson and Karen Preston. But due to COVID travel restrictions, she wasn’t going to be able to move there until late August.
She showed up in Joseph Phan's #TeamCricket Instagram stories the other day and it looks like she is fitting in there quite nicely. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Copying my latest posts from the U.S. Club Competitions thread in Kiss & Cry to here re. U.S. ladies, both past and present:
Boston Open Senior Ladies SP protocols: http://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/nonqual_results/2020/29669/SEGM013.html
Top 5:
Lindsay Thorngren, Ice House Of New Jersey FSC 64.38 - jumps all called clean: Ina into 2A, 3F+3T, 3Lz & all L4s!
Emmy Ma, Chinese Taipei Skating Union 59.52 - 3F<, 3Lz+2T, 2A stepped back; all L4 spins (lovely to watch - so great to see her competing again! :))
Shan Ashley Lin, Chinese Skating Association 58.45 - 2A with distance! 3F fall, 3Lzq+2T; 3 L4s
Marilena Kitromilis, Cyprus Skating Federation 51.26 - 3F(-1), 3Lz+2T, 2A (represented MJM at 2019 U.S. Challenge Skate, 5th in Novice)
Violeta Ushakova, SC of New York 51.16 - 3Lz+2T, 3F, popped A

Emmy's (silent) SP begins with about 15 mins. to go & Thorngren skated last [to a female cover of Sam Smith's "Writing's on the Wall"]: https://www.facebook.com/visionphot...6485821076796/331269761492456/?type=3&theater
Top 5 in Senior Ladies FS last night (10 competed):
Lindsay Thorngren 128.12 - landed 6 of 7 triples cleanly & her two 3-3 combos were 3F+3T & 3Lz3Tq in second half
Shan Ashley Lin CHN 119.40 - landed 7 triples but only 2 were called completely clean (2A+3T & 3S)
Marilena Kitromilis CYP 101.57 - credited with 4 clean triples, incl. 3Lz+2T
Emmy Ma TPE 96.43
Julia Biechler 82.81
Protocols: http://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/nonqual_results/2020/29669/SEGM023.html
Saturday Part 2 video with no audio (Thorngren's Samson & Delilah FS starts about 1 hour 13 mins. from the end; Emmy Ma was before her & Kitromilis was after Lindsay; Lin was the second to last skater & skates with about 15 mins. to go): https://www.facebook.com/visionphot...6485821076796/616598589222079/?type=3&theater
ETA:
Emilie Mao is the second skater (after Kanon Smith) to break 93 points in her Novice FS this season: http://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/nonqual_results/2020/29669/SEGM026.html
Her jumps were: 3F+2T, 2A+2T, 2A+1Eu+3S, 3Lo hand, 3F turnout, 2Lz, 3S; all 3 spins were called L4. She placed 5th in Novice at the Midwestern Sectional last year, is coached by Aleksey Letov and Olga Ganicheva, and now represents SC of Boston.
Her (silent) skate can be watched starting around the 2 hour 4 min. mark: https://www.facebook.com/visionphot...6485821076796/420919105546303/?type=3&theater
Emilie won the Novice Ladies group B SP event (44.43) - jumps: 3F+2T, 3Lo fall, 2A.

Last edited:

natsulian

New article on Isabeau Levito.

Favorite quote:
"I don't really always focus on the win. Usually I focus on doing my best, and performing, and just kind of marking off my little goals, what I want to do to get better. The improvement I made in practice, I want to show it off in the competition."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Thanks! I was looking forward to watching Levito (and others) make her JGP debut this fall and I'm glad to read she has a good attitude about it.

BTW, when I posted above about Emilie Mao's notable FS performance at the Boston Open this past weekend, I had forgotten that she placed 3rd in Novice in USFS' Virtual Challenge Skate (she won the SP); her programs -- Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite including "Morning" for her SP and selections from The Lion King for her FS -- can be watched, with sound ;), at the link included in this earlier post:
The 2020 Virtual Challenge Skate concluded today and the Novice ladies event was won by Alina Bonillo with Gabriela Summer Panaligan coming in a close second. In the Junior ladies event, Isabeau Levito (7 triples w/ 2 3Lz's and 3F's) won gold, Adele Zheng (5 triples w/ 2 3Lz's and 2 3F's) earned silver, and Audrey came in 3rd in the Free and landed 6 triples (singled the 3Lo). Hannah Lofton (5 triples) was overall in 3rd place.

Link w/ results, start order, and videos (thanks to Sylvia for providing the links) --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/2020/9/17/challenge-skate-competition-central.aspx
Do we know when we may be seeing her [Alysa] next, in competition (in USFS qualifying series, for example)?
Hersh's article, published yesterday, answers your question (linked/relevant excerpt in my post in the Alysa Liu/new articles thread): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-for-change-new-articles.107617/#post-5867806

ETA: Alysa Liu also plans to submit her new programs to be judged in the 2nd ISP points challenge competition (videos are scheduled to be posted online on Tuesday, Oct. 6). Junior ladies' videos for the 2nd ISP opportunity are supposed to be posted today.

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

Alysa Liu. Beautiful programme.
Put this in the Japan Open thread. Lots of potential in this program, but she looks a bit slow and skated conservatively. But she looks so grown up!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Alysa Liu. Beautiful programme.

Looking great! I can see improved edges, transitions, etc. Love the port de bras and curlicue hand gestures.

She doesn’t look any taller to me. Hard to tell on an iPhone screen. What matters is that, despite any growth, Alysa still has good proportions.

On to the next USFS “Points Schmoints” reveal of both programs this coming Tuesday, I think (Oct 6). Let’s all hope for good camera work and use of a zoom button!

Last edited:

layman

NEW article on Alysa Liu --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...f-change-with-new-coaching-team-programs.aspx

Short program will be to "La Strada" and her Free will be to "The Storm." Liu plans on having two triple-Axels and one quad-Lutz in her Free.
Based on what I saw from Carnival on Ice...she could barely complete a double axel. I am not sure how she's going to get the triple back. She needs a technical coach pronto.

Her current situation is what I have long feared...that weak technique would not sustain her through her growth. We saw this with Caroline Zhang (who won everything as a junior only to fade as a senior).

I can only hope that Alysa's people get in touch with Brian Orser before the wheels come off completely.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Based on what I saw from Carnaval on Ice...she could barely complete a double axel. I am not sure how she's going to get the triple back. She needs a technical coach pronto.

Her current situation is what I have long feared...that weak technique would not sustain her through her growth. We saw this with Caroline Zhang (who won everything as a junior only to fade as a senior).

I can only hope that Alysa's people get in touch with Brian Orser before the wheels come off completely.

Say whaaat? I’m sure we’ll see the 3axel and more on Tuesday during the Points reveal (Points Schmoints).

Willin

Based on what I saw from Carnival on Ice...she could barely complete a double axel. I am not sure how she's going to get the triple back. She needs a technical coach pronto.

I don't think she has near the tech issues Caroline had. Remember her giant kick before every jump a la Eteri skaters? And then she had a bad back injury from it a la Eteri skaters.

Yeah Alysa's jumps look bad height-wise and the combo was weak. I'm shocked they say she can land a quad or 3A at this point. BUT her jumps are still landed solid and clean, which is more than we can say for a lot of skaters who grow that much and even a lot of skater who didn't grow when it's this early in the season - just look at the ISP videos. I certainly think she has a lot to work on with her jumps but I'm far from thinking that the wheels will come off.

concorde

Say whaaat? I’m sure we’ll see the 3axel and more on Tuesday during the Points reveal (Points Schmoints).
The recent Phil Hersh article suggested no 3A or quad in the short term but hopes to have them in her programs by Nationals. Referenced growth (2 inches) combined with lack of ice during quarentine and changing coaches (2 are international so only virtual lessons).

Tinami Amori

I don't think she has near the tech issues Caroline had. Remember her giant kick before every jump a la Eteri skaters? And then she had a bad back injury from it a la Eteri skaters.
Eteri skaters (and few other Russian girls) are better ready now than US, Japanese and European girls.... with all "the issues". And by the way, none of Eteri's or Russian girls have Zhang's "mule kick"... :)

Dragging in "Eteri girls" into this topic, after Alysa's not such a great skate, sounds like sour grapes.... :p

Last edited:

layman

Why would they call Brian Orser? Alysa already has a technical coach in Canada that she can't get to. Brian Orser solves 0 of her problems.
Because her team were looking at Orser (she even went to the Cricket Club to skate for a while) before they settled on this strange text-coach arrangement with her in San Francisco without a technical coach.

Marco

Her form is one thing, but I find it strange that she wasn't hitting the musical accents in the program. She needs a lot more mileage with this.

But I am glad to see her smiling throughout.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Hmm... I'm starting to get major Caroline Zhang vibes with Alysa. We've probably seen the best of her. I'm still not seeing much speed, and her jumping technique especially the Axel is falling apart.

VGThuy

I hope most people remember these posts if they think there’s some double standard between how people talk about American young ladies and Russian ones. There are critical posts for both. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information