#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Mama's 5 mins of fame

Awe!!! Such a nice article and I LOVE that picture of Tiffany and Jon! You must be so proud!! :love:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Unlike the ladies competition, the gala was all about da Schott, her splat, her stoned face, her complete lack of joy and also the dissapointing complete lack of kleenex. Of course, the rest of the gala was just meh...
:p

:rofl:

Other than Schott and the top 3, I haven't watched any of the ladies LP yet. Seeing Schott's LP effort was good enough for sixth in the LP, I don't think I need to watch anything else. :scream: Surely that adorable medals ceremony was more interesting than anything else that took place on the ice.

Having said that, I'm busy arranging my schedule for the weekend of November 15, so that I am able to watch 40+ ladies at Warsaw Cup with minimal interruption. :p

I get an inspirational type e-mail every day called "The Daily OM." The title of todays article is too much! :inavoid:

The Train as Metaphor

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

I feel like this reads like finding a long-lost TTW manifesto.

My favorite part is below and I think this applies to anyone who has ever been on the team, although I'll confess I had Leonova in mind as I was reading:
Our lives stretch out in front and behind us like train tracks, and we are the train, its passengers, and the engineer. The way you choose to live your life and the goals you are working toward are the route and destinations you have chosen. Like a passenger riding a train, you have the choice to get on and off, find new routes, pick new places to visit, or just stop and enjoy the view for awhile. Perhaps you like to move quickly through life as if you were an express train. Or maybe, like a commuter passenger, you like taking the same routes over and over again. You may even want to stop just riding along and choose a different direction you'd like your life to take.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

The original and his heir.

I am a bit :rolleyes: by the amount of fabric in that photo though :D

Last edited by a moderator:

RoseRed

Zagitova: I also feel for her. She was really pissed afterwards. After the VC Gleikh wanted to take photos of her and Kostornaia but Alina didn't wanted. He forced her to stay but I can imagine that she didn't smile on these photos. Couldn't see it as they were with their backs to us. In the SP she didn't seemed that nervous and tense as in the FP.
There were several woman in the arena who gave all visitors the red signs with Alina on it. If you refused to take one they were not very nice. I didn't liked that. It's not that I don't like her, but I don't wave a sign. If I would like to do do, I would prepare something myself...
Overalls, the ladies competition was such much better than the men!!!
Here's the one Daniil posted:

J

Jeschke

By the way, we are blessed with 3 different cups this weekend:
I think a color-coded time schedule might be required. :COP:
After taking a look at the rosters, we obviously do!
It's all about the Han Yan comeback! :love:
Rizzo, Orzel, Pulkinen
Honda, Miyahara, LaTuk, Sofia#2
Leftovers, Sui/Han, Lubov, Efimova/Korovin
Danes, #maddiethesnake, Beethovenflamenco

Volvo Open
Naurits, Murashov, ComfyBalls, Britschgi
1930's, Karly, Kuchvalska
Blommaert comeback
Shevchenko/Eremenko (skating today!)
Panfilova/Rylov in juniors (skating today!)

Prague Ice
Jiri
Galustyan, Grm

This weekend is more intense than expected.
Good warmup for the week after :cheer:

Mad for Skating

I love the way google translate has the skaters "riding" instead of skating and calls the program the "rental." I wish we would start using those terms in English because they are charming.

Same! When I first started google translating interviews, I used to think they were literally riding bikes or horses across the ice :D (in my defense, I was pretty young)

S

SmallFairy

S

SmallFairy

Happy morning for Viking with this

S

SmallFairy

This I can live with as well:

Vagabond

Folks, check Perkova's IG story now.
Seems like Rukavicin got her a present: a puppy :love:
She is crying, super cute.
You link to the Perkovs' wedding photographs, and all you can think of mentioning is a puppy? :huh:

J

Jeschke

@Jeschke this one is for you :D:saint:
I expected Samarin in speedos!
But well, Schott and Kleenex works too 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information