Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

I am still in denial I can't watch any of Lombardia:
Weinzierl, Glenn, LaTuk back to back :watch:

S

SmallFairy

I'm in Denmark with work for two days, but must try to catch up on Lombardia in between. I should be ok for the men tonight. Dima and Shoma in the same group. :inavoid:
Not sure about the ladies. Will try to sneak on to my phone while some guy is talking about Danish city development:D

S

SmallFairy

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Hanzlikova has a new SP to Fever! Slay!

However I may have a new favorite rando Czech girl—Klara Stepanova skated to Cats and it was epic. :cheer:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Brezina: will he or won't he?

And the answer is sort of. He didn't splat in any event. And he looks good.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

You were not even born when Trinity slayed ;)
#stilldubious :p

My dad has the movies on DVD! When you have parents born in the 70s, you learn about lots of cool things.

Haven't we been blessed with enough Matrix programs already? Or was it just Baboo skating it for ten seasons? A female Matrix would do though! Enbert is :smokin:but kind of vanilla. Where will he fit in? (I have no idea about the movie...didn't watch it:p)

Well the plot is basically about a computer hacker (played by Keanu Reeves) who gets drawn into this alternate reality called the Matrix. He joins forces with Trinity (the girl; she kicks some serious butt) and they fight a supervillain together. It’s kind of a sci-fi action movie and some parts are a little weird but I like it.

He couldn't handle Stolbova. What makes you think he could take on MoodyMaria? :lol:

Lol only Klimov has the patience for her! He didn’t leave Stolbova because of lack of patience; it was that dang Olympics...

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
@pinky166

I think Hannah Dawson is the next Canadian girl we need to lobby for in here (I’m kind of giving up on Alaine, sorry to say). This is seriously one of my favorite programs of the year so far. So good! And, of course, she totally melted down in her LP after landing the lutz and 2a3t. :gallopin1

It’s only one JGP, but I think she could be watchlist material by the end of the season...

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm hoping Hannah can get those jumps. But I admit I've had thoughts of nominating Kim Cheremsky. She's already breaking my heart. :( Such personality and expression, and she just can't get it together.

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Men’s trainwreck update:

Brezina ends his program with 3 falls, but at least somehow still ends up with the silver medal (yes the standard was that poor). I loved last years LP, but this program is just :scream:. At the very least, he needs a good costume, the ill-fitting baggy white Hanes T-shirt look is doing him no favors at all.

Paniot ends his program with 4 straight singles and drops from 3rd to 8th place. :gallopin1

Vagabond

Yaroslav Paniot's FS at USIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_G77aC0_g

Supposedly two falls, but on the poor connection I have tonight, I saw only one true fall and a fall out.

(ETA: I was correct. He landed on his butt just once. @kwanfan1818 @Sylvia Have the rules changed?)

4F, 4T, 4T<+1T<<, 1A, 1A, 1Z, 1R, with a final, invalid spin.

I don't think I have ever seen a FS before where all the jumps were either quads or singles. :unsure:

@Jeschke :gallopin1-POTS material?

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

@Vagabond it must definitivt be :gallopin1POTS-material. And Panipt is quite cute also. Poor kid. Ukraine has a proud history of being such a trainwrecky skating country.

S

SmallFairy

I'm catching up on everything that happened yesterday. Liza was indeed having fun. I was a bit tired yesterday evening and that first piano intro to her program made my brain flash: OMG she's skating to "I will survive". :lol: I mean, how epic would that be?

Yehudi

AITA
Anyone see Smirnov’s costume? I’m reminded of something famed tennis coach Brad Gilbert said about guys who wear sleeveless shirts “Don’t wear them unless you have the guns to show off”.

S

SmallFairy

Anyone see Smirnov’s costume? I’m reminded of something famed tennis coach Brad Gilbert said about guys who wear sleeveless shirts “Don’t wear them unless you have the guns to show off”.
Just saw it now. I'm in denial, as he seems to be challenging his inner Righini after all. Someone comfort me.

S

SmallFairy

Our boy skated a beautiful FS at Lombardia, landing three quads, finishing second. I love the program. I mean, really love it! I don't care if its similar to the SP, I could watch him all day in all his lyrical angst.

BUT

Our boy also managed to not do any axel jump at all during the FS, and so his last jumping pass 3z2t was called invalid and got 0. What to say....
:gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The doofus could have won since Uno made several mistakes of his own :lol: But, that would have been too much. Rizzo is a better skater than Lazukin and should not be happy he ended up in 4th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information