It's official: Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker will train in Montreal (Gadbois)

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Politiks aside, it’s obvious that the magic that was present with Krylova/Carmerlengo once isn’t there anymore. Hawayek/Baker remained loyal way longer than I thought they should have. Hopefully they take the good that they learned from Anjelika and Pasquale and along with what they pick up in Gadbois that they improve their competitive results going forward, yeah they’re both the same height, but he’s so good technically and she gives so much :glamor: I’m excited to see how this Olympic cycle goes for them.

barbarafan

I wonder if Parsons/Parsons & McNamara/Carpenter will be staying in Maryland with WISA?

There are other organizations for skating which have excellent coaches and great access to choreo. Both these teams have done great.In Canada as well. Love the teams under Wing/Lowe in Canada and also Julien Lalonde& Mylene Girard who have Alicia Fabbri/Claudio Pietrantonio. Lots of sh**it politics in Canada. Lots of criticism on F/P due to him being tiny and her being normal.Their M/R was terrific and was done and competed before V/M released their programs. They got slaughtered by judges at Nationals due to sizes and the fact that he aged out at end of season.

BittyBug

Disgusted
I hope this will be good for them.

Who is left with Camerlengo? And will he stay at DSC? Bring in a new coaching partner?

nimi

barbarafan

There are vague rumours about him and Igor teaming up. No idea about accuracy.

BTW, I had almost forgotten H/B and H/D used to train together under Krylov&Camerlengo until I saw this Zach's tweet from yesterday: https://twitter.com/ZachTDonohue/status/987422310670925824

Yay!! Good Job Zack....saved 4 pages of drivel on this thread re: How pissed H/D must be that H/B are coming to MTL. Gadbois has very firm rules. Check your ego and attitude at the door. Save your emotions and energy for your skating. No one is above the "Law of Patrice".
Too bad he has no control over fans

RoseRed

Yay!! Good Job Zack....saved 4 pages of drivel on this thread re: How pissed H/D must be that H/B are coming to MTL. Gadbois has very firm rules. Check your ego and attitude at the door. Save your emotions and energy for your skating. No one is above the "Law of Patrice".
Too bad he has no control over fans
Also, I'm sure they asked Madi and Zach how they felt about it.

peibeck

Simply looking
Erm, what fans have posted that H/D must be pissed that H/B are moving to Montreal? :shuffle:

It will be interesting to see what Marie-France and Patrice can do with H/B and how much more they can draw out of them. IMO, H/D made great improvements, some other teams that made the move not so much. (Paul/Islam, as an example).

barbarafan

Erm, what fans have posted that H/D must be pissed that H/B are moving to Montreal? :shuffle:

It will be interesting to see what Marie-France and Patrice can do with H/B and how much more they can draw out of them. IMO, H/D made great improvements, some other teams that made the move not so much. (Paul/Islam, as an example).

none yet....and I hope Zack's post keeps it that way. Marie-France does not assign personalities to skaters...She seems to find what they have..often almost hidden special and channel into something very special that all can see. It usually takes her a while with a team to find it and then to get the vision on where she could go. So with some teams there isn't anything else there or it is too well buried to find or she misses it. I think MFD and Sam will really enjoy working with H/B & it might even prompt them to bring in other Choreo. to fulfill what they see. I think Spring is finally arriving today in Mtl so summer competitions don't seem as far away.

barbarafan

You people forget Madi and Zach trained with H/B in Detroit and they have all been long time friends. Even the parents are friends.
They seem like wonderful people (H/D) and I am very excited H/B are coming to MTL (I have adopted them already as I do all teams who move to mtl) I hope they are ready for summer skating comp.as it usually is held close to were I live so I often go watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information