Canadian Pairs 2018/2019 Season News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin

Banned Member
Just my opinion on this, but perhaps if the technique were more solid, she’d have some more wiggle room in competition.

Well yes. Isn’t that basically what I said?

Lubov looks amazing! I'm so glad she has found her way to Montreal and Charlie and getting another chance at her Olympic dream.

I’m hoping that Lubov, like Kaitlyn and Piper before her, will find that the second time is the charm when it comes to new Canadian citizens going for an Olympic spot.

honey

Well yes. Isn’t that basically what I said?

:) Yes, we agree on the need to fix the technique. I just think it’s a mostly technique issue vs a psychological one.

Just a totally unrelated comment, but I find Luba and her bf very cute together. I love when she calls her “my gentleman” on Instagram :D

barbarafan

Nice fluff piece. Charlie working on fixing up his mom's house while making sad looks searching for a partner.

Manon says they have the potential. Need to work hard.

Lubov's french is good, probably because of being with Cirque for a year.

His sad face fixing up his mom's house....he was trying to figure if he had the strength and whatever else it took to continue and do else was necessary to start again. Then he had to look for a partner. Manon said she knew they had potential but when she saw them for the first time she knew there was a lot of potential but they had things to really work on.

Catherine M

Thank-you...In addition I believe Charlie said she arrived in Mtl by car with her boyfriend but did not specify he moved as well . I think he is still in Toronto but visits often but things could have changed.

It looked like to me that Lubov moved in with Vanessa Grenier as I saw her in the background of the moving in clip and the view from the apartment looked just like hers from clips on her Instagram.

Even though Vanessa is retired from skating, she'll be a good support system for Lubov as she makes the change from training in Toronto to Montreal.

GMan2019

Carol Lane and co. are under utilized IMHO. I think they have done a great job in helping find an identity for G/P who are not the traditional classic dance couple. I still remember the great Dracula program they did for Paige and Rudi.

Didn't realize they worked with Lawrence/Sweigers. The long you speak of is not only one of my favourite pair numbers but also movie soundtracks (Van Helseng). I met the guy who choreographed it at Canadians the year they made the Olympic team. Bernie Ford is his name. Apparently he did all their long programs their whole career. Lance Vipond was their other choreographer. Vipond in my opinion is also under utilized.

puglover

Didn't realize they worked with Lawrence/Sweigers. The long you speak of is not only one of my favourite pair numbers but also movie soundtracks (Van Helseng). I met the guy who choreographed it at Canadians the year they made the Olympic team. Bernie Ford is his name. Apparently he did all their long programs their whole career. Lance Vipond was their other choreographer. Vipond in my opinion is also under utilized.
So it sounds like I am wrong then about who did that choreography. I do remember Bernie Ford. Did he also not mostly work with dancers? Anyway, that kind of program is memorable and I wish we had more of those.

Rock2

Lots of interesting things in the fluff piece, which I found to be overall informative and transparent:

-when Charlie messaged her to congratulate her for Cirque she was already thinking she wanted to try out before the topic came up. Great sign.

-sounds like they see themselves having a classical style with a modern twist. They want good extended lines etc. I'm down for that, but that means no Cirque pieces any time soon aha.

-I love how Richard addressed the concerns on her jumping. He flat out said the techniqe is fine, it's all in her head. Not new news, but the desire to not shy away from anything even publicly is respectable. I think if any rink can ease her mind about jumping it would be Richard's. He's extremely chill and positive, which gives her the best hope.

-she is learning French. Wow, my hero. I'm already so impressed with her English skills, yet she's not averse to taking on a whole other language. Mad respect.

-they are both. clearly. driven. The resolve in both of them to want Olympics and podiums is evident. To me that means they are likely to go as far as they are ultimately capable, whatever that ends up being.

I'm excited. I hope they have a great summer of training.

Colonel Green

I confess I am giggling like an idiot at the English translation of the Patinage Quebec site which informs me that Justine Brewer and Mark Aluminium, who placed 5th at Nationals, will also be performing.
So I guess they must indeed have gone to couples therapy or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information