2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan1

I'm watching the latest episode now, and literally was paying so little attention that I went and took a shower, and I don't feel like I've missed anything. The lead characters have zero chemistry, and the dialogue feels forced. Plus the character who's decided for death over cancer treatment story line is really grating on me. You know she's eventually going to go and get treatment for her disease and the fact that they're focusing the show on that and not the mystery around the suicide of one of the main characters is frustrating.
Yeah, I've got 2 of them in the DVR. They may stay there while I watch reruns of Nashville and Friday Night Lights. The latter is why I only watched the first episode of All American. It doesn't come anywhere close.

skatingguy

decently
Yeah, I've got 2 of them in the DVR. They may stay there while I watch reruns of Nashville and Friday Night Lights. The latter is why I only watched the first episode of All American. It doesn't come anywhere close.
Too be honest, All American is getting more interesting as the season goes on. Can't say that it's amazing or anything, but particularly the portrayal of African Americans from a wide range of backgrounds seems different, and they're really exploring the issues in that area.

Susan1

Too be honest, All American is getting more interesting as the season goes on. Can't say that it's amazing or anything, but particularly the portrayal of African Americans from a wide range of backgrounds seems different, and they're really exploring the issues in that area.
I don't know - with the gangs and stuff the first week, I figured they probably weren't going to be dancing around like in West Side Story. Realistic crime kind of stuff does not appeal to me. Or all of a sudden the bad guys will mend their ways and join the National Honor Society? And since it's been on a few weeks, this is probably not a spoiler, but just from the first episode, I figured the football player from the wrong side of the tracks turns out to actually be the rich coach's illegitimate son? Yawn.

Nashville and Friday Night Lights.
Funny, I just realized - reruns with Connie Britton in both of them, what, 10 years apart.

skatingguy

decently
And since it's been on a few weeks, this is probably not a spoiler, but just from the first episode, I figured the football player from the wrong side of the tracks turns out to actually be the rich coach's illegitimate son? Yawn.
That's what I thought too.
"And the son started to think that as well, and Taye Diggs two kids start to snoop around and investigate. Then there's an awkward hot tub scene with the sister & the new football player, and the whole thing comes to a head when the kids meet their grandfather. They confront Taye Diggs character, and turns out - not his kid."

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I'm still enjoying A Million Little Things (mainly because James Roday is just outstanding and I love Gary) but I can understand if it's starting feeling slow to some fans. I don't mind slow burns myself but I get it. I loved this past week's episode and thought it was realy strong (I loved seeing the backstory of Gary's cancer treatments, his anger at Jon for giving him hope to live and then killing himself, and the road trip with Delilah and Maggie) so hopefully next week's is good too. :)

I am really enjoying All American and it has definitely not gone the way I thought it was going to go earlier in the season! I really like Spencer. He's just a really good guy trying to do the right things and be there for the people he loves and the characters around him are getting much more depth now as we learn more about them. His friendship with Coop is one of the strengths of the show too and I don't even mind him and Layla because she's not quite the charicature that I thought she was at the start. Really great seeing Taye Diggs back in TV too. I highly encourage anyone who stopped watching or who hasn't watched yet to check it out. I think it's worth watching! :)

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 09/2018 - Saturday December 15/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, December 9
8 p.m. - A CHRISTMAS IN TENNESSEE (TV Movie) - Lifetime
8 p.m. - WELCOME TO CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Hallmark
9 p.m. - Counterpart Season 2 - Starz

Monday, December 10
12:00 a.m. - THE SHIVERING TRUTH - Adult Swim
10 p.m. - PENTATONIX: A NOT SO SILENT NIGHT - NBC (One-Hour Special Presentation)

Wednesday, December 12
12:01 a.m. PT - CHAMPAIGN ILL - YouTube
12:01 a.m. PT - KEN JEONG CRACKS CHRISTMAS - YouTube (Special Presentation)

Thursday, December 13
12:01 a.m. PT - Wanted Season 3 - Netflix
10 p.m. - The Carbonaro Effect Season 7 Midseason Premiere - truTV

Friday, December 14
12:01 a.m. PT - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: A Midwinter's Tale - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Fuller House Season 4 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Cuckoo Season 4 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - TIDELANDS - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Travelers Season 3 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - THE PROTECTOR - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - THE FIX - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - THE INNOCENT MAN - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - INSIDE THE REAL NARCOS - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Inside the World's Toughest Prisons Season 3 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - LOL: LAST ONE LAUGHING - Amazon
8 p.m. - CHRISTMAS AROUND THE CORNER (TV Movie) - Lifetime
8 p.m. - RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 4 - VH1

Saturday, December 15
8 p.m. - ENTERTAINING CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Hallmark
8 p.m. - CHRISTMAS PEN PALS (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Please post any updates I may have missed.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Yes, the Timeless two hour movie airs on December 20th at 8 PM EST and I share in your :wuzrobbed that it will be the series finale (but at least we get that rather than just sitting on that insane cliffhanger from the end of S2). I'm excited to see it but will miss that show so much when it's gone for good. :fragile:

Susan1

Misc. -
Next Tuesday's (12/18) episode of House Hunters will be from the Dayton area. Woo-hoo. Heck, I don't even know these people, and they won't be looking in Miamisburg or anything, but it is the first time House Hunters has ever been here. I'm sure they will be looking in the more expensive areas.

And the When Calls the Heart Christmas movie (Hallmark) will be on Christmas night at 8 p.m. I can't set the DVR this far out. Maybe my series record will pick it up if I forget. I didn't take When Calls the Heart off when they said it was cancelled.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Last week I had the most TV celebrity encounters/sightings I've ever had while travelling. First I met Robert Roldan and Fikshun from SYTYCD at the show's tour stop in L.A. and they were both so friendly and gracious with all the fans asking for photos. I called Fikshun the Jason Brown of the dance world because he was hugging everyone lol. The next day I went to the ExtraTV taping at Universal Studios, and I got to meet Milo Ventimiglia! :swoon: He was so sweet that it was like talking to Jack Pearson. :biggrinbo There were only about ten of us at the taping since it was before the park opened, and he took his time while taking selfies with us. He even held my phone! It was a good thing he did because my hands were shaking so much lol.

The same day I saw Babyface walking down Rodeo Drive, and then yesterday on my first flight from Vancouver to Denver, Big Easy from The Amazing Race was a few rows in front of me. He was so tall on the little plane that he was hard to miss!

Susan1

And the When Calls the Heart Christmas movie (Hallmark) will be on Christmas night at 8 p.m. I can't set the DVR this far out. Maybe my series record will pick it up if I forget. I didn't take When Calls the Heart off when they said it was cancelled.
It did.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 16/2018 - Saturday December 22/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, December 16
7 p.m. - 2018 Miss Universe - Fox (Three-Hour Special Presentation)
8 p.m. - A GINGERBREAD ROMANCE - Hallmark
8 p.m. - HOMETOWN CHRISTMAS - Lifetime

Monday, December 17
10 p.m. - America's Got Talent: A Holiday of Champions - ABC (One-Hour Special Presentation)

Tuesday, December 18
12:01 a.m. PT - Terrace House Season 5 - Netflix
8 p.m. - The Greatest Holiday Commercials Countdown 2018

Wednesday, December 19
8 p.m. - Schitt's Creek Special Holiday Episode - Pop

Thursday, December 20
8 p.m. - Ex on the Beach Season 2 - MTV
9 p.m. - Timeless Series Finale - NBC (Two-Hour Special Presentation)

Friday, December 21
12:01 a.m. PT - Marvel's Runaways Season 2 - Hulu (Episodes 201-213 Available)
12:01 a.m. PT - VANITY FAIR - Amazon
8 p.m. - A CHRISTMAS KISS - Lifetime

Saturday, December 22
8 p.m. - JINGLE AROUND THE CLOCK (TV Movie) - Hallmark

Susan1

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 16/2018 - Saturday December 22/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

I know you can't put in every old Christmas thing from every channel, so
Friday, 8 p.m., ABC - I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown
(I think I added this one last year, and the year before and the year before.... ha ha)
Sunday, 7 a.m., Freeform - The Little Drummer Boy
I still get teary when the lamb gets hit by the cart.
Anastasia has been on some channel several times. I watched it one night, even though I have it saved on my DVR from last year because I hadn't seen it for years.

Does anybody remember (have I asked this before) a couple of Christmas shows that looked like they were filming a play or something (what do I mean?). One was people stuck in a diner because of the snow, and something about a girl with a baby whose boyfriend or whatever came in and was going to hurt her. Joseph Campanella is running through my head? I'll have to look him up to maybe help. They were on Christmas day on CBS (here anyway).
I've got so many pieces of Christmas memories running through my head these days that I can't put together all the details of. And nobody left to ask.

Susan1

Does anybody remember (have I asked this before) a couple of Christmas shows that looked like they were filming a play or something (what do I mean?). One was people stuck in a diner because of the snow, and something about a girl with a baby whose boyfriend or whatever came in and was going to hurt her. Joseph Campanella is running through my head? I'll have to look him up to maybe help. They were on Christmas day on CBS (here anyway).
Here's that one - http://destinyimagefilms.com/christmas-at-cadillac-jacks/. 2007, so not that old. It wasn't the only one filmed like that. They were just an hour long.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
I generally don't follow this thread, but it appears that season 4 of Outlander which started November 4th on STARZ was missed

I had Sunday "October" 04/2018 - Saturday November 10/2018 instead of "November" 04/2018. But it was listed. Typing error.... lol :yikes::rofl:

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 04/2018 - Saturday November 10/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, November 4
6:30 p.m. - AXIOS - HBO
8 p.m. - Outlander Season 4 - Starz
8 p.m. - The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 11 - Bravo
8 p.m. - MICKEY'S 90TH SPECTACULAR - ABC (Two-Hour Special Presentation)
8 p.m. - ROAD TO CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Hallmark
10:30 p.m. - Our Cartoon President: Election Special 2018 - Showtime

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

I had Sunday "October" 04/2018 - Saturday November 10/2018 instead of "November" 04/2018. But it was listed. Typing error.... lol :yikes::rofl:

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 04/2018 - Saturday November 10/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, November 4
6:30 p.m. - AXIOS - HBO
8 p.m. - Outlander Season 4 - Starz
8 p.m. - The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 11 - Bravo
8 p.m. - MICKEY'S 90TH SPECTACULAR - ABC (Two-Hour Special Presentation)
8 p.m. - ROAD TO CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Hallmark
10:30 p.m. - Our Cartoon President: Election Special 2018 - Showtime
Thanks. The show has a demonstrably different feel this season and in a good way.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Thanks. The show has a demonstrably different feel this season and in a good way.
I subscribe to Starz, Showtime and HBO because they have some of the best shows on TV. I love Outlander, Shameless, and Game of Thrones. I heard Penny Dreadful is making a return to Showtime. Queer as Folk is rebooting, but it will be on Bravo which won't be the same as being on Showtime.

love skating

Clueless American
Me too...really enjoyed that Timeless finale. I felt like they did a great job of wrapping things up, so glad they at least got those extra two hours!

gkelly

I subscribe to Starz, Showtime and HBO because they have some of the best shows on TV. I love Outlander, Shameless, and Game of Thrones.

Do you care to talk about Shameless? I find it interesting that it has lasted for so many seasons with so little buzz.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I LOVED the Timeless finale (I couldn't watch live on Thursday night, I finished watching it earlier tonight) and I am SO thankful that we got this movie to wrap up things for the Time Team. I thought they did a tremendous job with the entire movie. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it as well! :cheer:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 23/2018 - Saturday December 29/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, December 23
8 p.m. - 3 HOLIDAY TAILS (TV Movie) - Lifetime
8 p.m. - CHRISTMAS MADE TO ORDER (TV Movie) - Hallmark

Tuesday, December 25
12:01 a.m. PT - WATERSHIP DOWN - Netflix
8 p.m. - When Calls the Heart Christmas Special - Hallmark (Two-Hour Special Presentation)
9 p.m. - Call the Midwife Holiday Special - PBS (90-Minute Special Presentation)

Wednesday, December 26
12:01 a.m. PT - Alexa & Katie Season 2 - Netflix
8 p.m. - The 41st Annual Kennedy Center Honors - CBS (Two-Hour Special Presentation)

Saturday, December 29
8 p.m. - A MIDNIGHT KISS (TV Movie) - Hallmark

Sunday, December 30
8 p.m. - The Orville Season 2 - Fox (Special Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information