The Amazing Race S35

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I’d have been ok with the mustard. I found it odd that we didn’t see any teams focusing on color and texture. Maybe they did, but it was left on the cutting room floor.
That's what I said to Mr. Habs - he LOVES mustard, I absolutely loathe it. He would have been in charge of taste and I said I would have focused on colour, texture and smell.

alexikeguchi

Graz (Austria) to Ljubljana (Slovenia) on the train - familiar figure skating (JGP) competition locations! :D

Thiis is The Amazing Race's first venture into Slovenia! :)
I have been on that train multiple times, though continuing on to Serbia where I have family. The glider over Lake Bled looked awesome! I just went to the church on the little island by motorboat...

screech

Slovenia is a country that the general population I don't think ever really thinks about. However it's absolutely stunning, and I think they did a fantastic job showcasing it. I want to glide over that lake now. And zipline down that hill (though hopefully there's an elevator or escalator to get up those 1000+ steps)

All that aside, I have to wonder how slow the sisters were for team attitude to catch up like that after getting lost AND attempting the express pass.

alexikeguchi

And zipline down that hill (though hopefully there's an elevator or escalator to get up those 1000+ steps)
I think there has to be an elevator for the athletes when the hill is in use for ski jumping... I couldn't imaging climbing all those stairs with skis and then having peak performance!

BaileyCatts

So Anna/Dad know they are in last place, that all teams have clearly arrived before them, yet they try to go for the Express Pass? That makes no sense whatsoever. Clearly SOMEONE of the 7 was it (?) Teams ahead of you already got that Pass. Don't even waste your time. I can't believe she made her what, 60+ year old dad climb all those steps????? And then practically yelled at him the whole way?? Damn he could have had a heart attack right there! I almost did just watching poor Rob and Dad try to get up those steps. Brothers I sympathize with ya'!! And then they had to climb another how many steps in that Tower?! I woulda done dropped dead right there. I can't do 'up' even in my own house. :drama:

Glad the Sisters are gone. They were starting to annoy. :p

love skating

Clueless American
I just knew with Annaleigh moaning the whole episode that they are gone that they wouldn't be and it annoyed me... I wanted her out. And yes she was so dumb ever thinking that the express pass could still be available.

And it seems like parking garages in Europe are very hard to find! (Not to mention ferries)

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I can't believe she made her what, 60+ year old dad climb all those steps?????
54 but close enough. I looked it up :lol:.

Anna Leigh is, according to her bio, a speech pathologist, a flight attendant for a private jet, and an influencer. I wonder how that last one is working out for her this season.

Slovenia is gorgeous, a perfect frame for a great episode.

Lilia A

1199? I let out a loud "what" at that one.
Me thinks that even if the top group had arrived at 1am there would've been a sign somewhere that said "opens at 8/9/10 am" and it wouldn't have mattered.

Sad to see the girls go because I really wanted Anna Leigh out. They really get on my nerves.
My pick for the final 3 based on performance, navigation skill, and work under pressure are the brothers, Todd/Ashley, and Rob/Corey. Of course there's a good chance I just jinxed one of them and they get eliminated next, but I hope not.

Lilia A

Robbin and Chelsea got the eliminated team edit. Between that and the fact that they were so far behind it was pretty clear they'd be eliminated.
Quick thinking by Rob and Corey to switch detours. I'm glad they didn't use the express pass. It would've been a waste if they'd panicked and used it.
Quote of the day: "Excuse me, where can I find this? Oh, it's in Germany" :rofl:

screech

I am surprised to say that I almost liked Anna Leigh and Steve this episode. Between Anna Leigh offering Rob and Corey advise on how to do the barnacles challenge (which was the task I'd have chosen) and their impressive (and non-bratty) jump up the rankings. Though looking at the departure times, they must not have been nearly as far behind as we'd thought last week, since they started this leg in last, just 45 minutes after the team in first. Also, every episode I'm reminded of how much I covet heir hair.

I have to say, I like the brothers but I'm getting bored with them winning so many legs in a row. Also, it's kind of funny - if you look at the Wikipedia for this season, where it lists the teams, for every other team it just lists their relationships to each other. But for the brothers, it says 'brothers and computer scientists'. Why nobody else have their professions listed?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Why nobody else have their professions listed?
'Cause Wiki counts on people adding info as it becomes known. If a show isn't off the charts popular, it doesn't get the full treatment. TAR is still popular, just not as much as some other shows.

Lilia A

'Cause Wiki counts on people adding info as it becomes known. If a show isn't off the charts popular, it doesn't get the full treatment. TAR is still popular, just not as much as some other shows.
But correct me if I'm wrong but this is how it appears on the show as well, not just Wiki. I suppose they asked to be referred to as such.

BaileyCatts

Season 35 and we're still not reading the Clues correctly? :wall: Rob and Corey are lucky the girls were so far behind. They wasted so much time, and frankly should have never gone back out again to try to find the correct bouy. I would have switched Tasks right then and there when I realized we did the task wrong. Then again, I never woulda done the bouy thing. Way too many of them!

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Season 35 and we're still not reading the Clues correctly? :wall: Rob and Corey are lucky the girls were so far behind. They wasted so much time, and frankly should have never gone back out again to try to find the correct bouy.
I wondered if they were told they had to do that, as it didn't make any sense for them to try to find the mussels when the buoy was gone. Talk about a needle in a haystack! Why not just find another marked buoy and go from there?

My husband snorts every time the brothers talk about how they do X or Y well because they are software engineers and they are all about solving problems and paying attention to details and all that.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
My husband snorts every time the brothers talk about how they do X or Y well because they are software engineers and they are all about solving problems and paying attention to details and all that.
To be honest, many SEs have those traits IF they’re working on something they consider important and they aren’t on a deadline imposed by others. If it’s something they don’t really care about on someone else’s schedule, that’s another story.

nyrak

Wow is anyone else sick of Anna Leigh constantly screeching at her father to go faster, run, it's a foot race, etc....dude is probably 60, cut him some slack...if you're looking for someone to match you physically, choose a partner your own age.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
To be honest, many SEs have those traits IF they’re working on something they consider important and they aren’t on a deadline imposed by others. If it’s something they don’t really care about on someone else’s schedule, that’s another story.
My husband is a software engineer. :shuffle:
Wow is anyone else sick of Anna Leigh constantly screeching at her father to go faster, run, it's a foot race, etc....dude is probably 60, cut him some slack...if you're looking for someone to match you physically, choose a partner your own age.
Yes, read back through the thread.

screech

I wanted to shout at Rob and Corey to not yet use the express pass. Though it's easy to say from the couch to save the express pass for the last challenge of the leg. If it were me, though, I'd hopefully attempt the challenge, see how easy/long it takes, and try to save it.
I was kind of disappointed with how they did Stockholm. I wanted to see more of the beauty and history of the city.

DreamSkates

Season 35 and we're still not reading the Clues correctly? :wall: Rob and Corey are lucky the girls were so far behind. They wasted so much time, and frankly should have never gone back out again to try to find the correct bouy. I would have switched Tasks right then and there when I realized we did the task wrong. Then again, I never woulda done the bouy thing. Way too many of them!
Yeah it seems the logical thing to do. Going to guess that when you’re in a race like this one, you become exhausted and the adrenaline is pumping into the point of not thinking clearly.

Lilia A

I was getting so anxious with how Steve was struggling to catch his breath. Similar to when he climbed those thousand steps for the fast forward, all for nothing. Rob was having similar issues climbing the steps but at least they had the reward in the end.
Strong final 4. In terms of tasks in general, no clear weak links. One team definitely has an advantage physically though.
If it comes down to a foot race, I think Steve is more vulnerable than Rob. Next week, looks like there's a dance challenge and dancing can be tricky because you can be a great athlete and suck at dancing. I still think the brothers will make the final 3 just based on their strong performance throughout the race and their ability to catch up. The beard guys have had ups and downs, but they seem to do well under pressure and don't freak out when things go wrong like Steve and Anna Leigh do. Rob and Corey also seem to do well under pressure. I will say the final 3 is the brothers, the beards guys, and I HOPE Rob and Corey. I don't hate Anna Leigh, at times I kind of like her, but then she really gets on my nerves when they're not doing well. I just don't want to imagine how she'd behave if she's in the finale and all the screaming that we'd have to put up with.

smurfy

I am rooting for final 3 - all the guys.
Anna Leigh - just bugs me in the way she speaks to her father and I want her out.
The 3 groups of all guys - are all deserving. I like all of them.
The brothers - are the best, but they are almost like central casting of perfect dudes.
The father and the 2 buddies - are such regular guys - makes me root for them.
Nice dynamics in all 3 groups, but especially luv father/son and buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information